• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Sometimes Marvel is in such a fucking rush to condense their volumes that they don't think ahead.
Same with the Captain America Omnibus. After the next Brubaker Cap Omnibus, there are just two Volumes left... I have no idea why they didnt included them...

But now I'm curious. Have any of the OHCs been solicited for Spring 2015 yet? I know there are quite a few omnibuses that have been solicited and can be pre-ordered on Amazon, but I can't remember if the OHCs have popped up yet.
I'm really hoping the second OHC will come out around the same time as the omnibus but it just hasn't been announced yet...
Spider-Verse and Axis OHCs are announced yet
The Content/Price Ratio of the Spider-Verse OHC is insane, almost 700 pages for 25$
Ordered booth, the Axis OHC was around 30$...

Messi

Damn guys, this is a KILLER week. I can't wait to check out Batgirl, Wytches & Sabrina when I get home.

It's going to be so hard to not get spoiled on Batman, but I probably won't read it until the Endgame arc ends. :(

I also picked up Ragnarok #2 because I am weak.

Good luck avoiding the spoilers from Endgame. That's Shits gonna be a minefield after how today's issue landed

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Nothing is better than Image format deluxe hardcovers. Great cover art, no dust jackets. I skip a lot of tpbs now just to wait for those. Saga, Lazarus, Sex Criminals, Deadly Class.... Waiting on them all.

Yeah, I'm waiting for the OHCs for all the Image series. It's especially tough since they price the first paperback volumes at $5 on IST... But I've stayed strong.

If Simonson needs dough that bad, I'll happily support him since I love his past work. I haven't even ready issue 1, so maybe it's amazing and not even a cash grab. Who knows?

Haha. Fair enough.
I've actually never read anything Simonson's done.

Spider-Verse and Axis OHCs are announced yet

Since those are both event books, I'm not really counting those. I don't believe any OHCs for non-event books have been announced yet.

Uxtqz1g.png

unforgivable
I dunno, I think it added a lot to the atmosphere and general tone of the issue. I hope future series copy it.
Uxtqz1g.png

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Uxtqz1g.png

Since those are both event books, I'm not really counting those. I don't believe any OHCs for non-event books have been announced yet.
Superior Spider-Man OHC Vol. 3 is coming, too. Totaly forgot^^http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.c...roupID=0&catalogID=510721&org=&sku=0785193952
Avengers and New Avengers get the OHC treatment, too.
http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.c...roupID=0&catalogID=510721&org=&sku=0785191097
http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.c...roupID=0&catalogID=510721&org=&sku=0785193960
Uxtqz1g.png

Avengers is 12 issues, New Avengers is 17. Wat. At least include the Infinity prelude issues Marvel, I want to give you money but you make it so difficult.

Kipp

Uxtqz1g.png

Oh yeah. Forgot about those. Oof. Not looking great for a second Hawkeye OHC then.
I will hang onto the last shreds of hope though.

Uxtqz1g.png

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Uxtqz1g.png

nXOYGeT.jpg

Uxtqz1g.png

nXOYGeT.jpg

Uxtqz1g.png

nXOYGeT.jpg

Uxtqz1g.png

nXOYGeT.jpg

Uxtqz1g.png

nXOYGeT.jpg

Uxtqz1g.png

oh god how do i get off of this barfygoround help

Uxtqz1g.png

Uxtqz1g.png

FYI guys, the Oni Press Humble Bundle is still going on for 6 more days and added some more stuff:

I Was the Cat #2
The Auteur #2
Princess Ugg #1
Meteor Men #1
Terrible Lizard #1
The Life After #1

Odd that they're doing a lot of just single issues for this one but i ain't complainin'. I was probably gonna pay $12 for Helheim alone at some point.

Uxtqz1g.png

I am really interested in this books, but I am kinda unsure if they keep releasing the remaining books...

Uxtqz1g.png

Honestly you're probably better off waiting for an omnibus volumes that hopefully collect Avengers/New Avengers in the proper reading order. Going through individual books for these isn't quite as bad as Fantastic Four/FF or All-New X-Men/Uncanny X-Men, but it's still pretty freaking annoying.

Uxtqz1g.png

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I just bought the Uncanny X Force omnibus. Kind of an impulse buy, haven't read anything by Remender, but all the praise made it easy.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I just bought the Uncanny X Force omnibus. Kind of an impulse buy, haven't read anything by Remender, but all the praise made it easy.

I'm actually just kinda jealous of anybody that gets to read that for the first time.

Kipp

My bad, it's still in stock on Amazon. I haven't checked but I remember someone in one of these threads saying it was already out of print

It's OOS on IST and priced at $149.99 on CheapGraphicNovels. It's only a matter of time before it's properly OOP.
It was pretty crazy how fast it went OOS on IST though. I think it only took a few weeks.

fauxtrot

Banned
Now I want to see someone from Marvel get that AXIS logo tattooed as a band around their bicep like barbed wire, Microsoft style.

040511_tattoo_hmed_11a.grid-4x2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom