• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElNarez

Banned
IT'S AN ELNAREZ POST IT'S AN ELNAREZ POST IT'S AN ELNAREZ POST IT'S AN ELNAREZ POST IT'S AN ELNAREZ POST IT'S AN ELNAREZ POST
Uxtqz1g.png

I'm tweeting Remender hoping he'll push to get these Axis banners removed from the collected edition. What a terrible idea this was. I'm sure it's too late for the singles, sadly.

No but see it's the ONLY WAY for Kubert to deliver his EPIC CINEMATIC LAYOUTS that make all the action GRANDIOSE and EPIC and no yeah I have NO GODDAMN IDEA what the composition is all about. I have no idea what a lot of SIXIS is all about, for that matter, and it lacks the immediately accessible energy of the spectacle early UA issues had, and that's in part because it doesn't even bother to explain what the fuck is an Onslaught.
Uxtqz1g.png

IT'S AN ELNAREZ POST IT'S AN ELNAREZ POST IT'S AN ELNAREZ POST IT'S AN ELNAREZ POST IT'S AN ELNAREZ POST IT'S AN ELNAREZ POST

ElNarez

Banned
ElNarez! Tell me I'm doing the right thing by sticking with Iron Patriot. You dug that quite a lot didn'tcha?

It's been a while since the last ish came out, but yeah, it's got that quality most of Kot's book have of "yeah he's really gonna go there". It's a tight thriller with loads of political intrigue and all kinds of fucked up shit happen.

Someone tell me I'm not the only one here who gave Birthright a shot.

tell me I'm aint the only one reading Copperhead

Fear not gentlemen, I'm on board

I'm with you both, friends.

:Brahfist

It's been a while since the last ish came out, but yeah, it's got that quality most of Kot's book have of "yeah he's really gonna go there". It's a tight thriller with loads of political intrigue and all kinds of fucked up shit happen.

All I needed, thanks!

I'll say this: it's SO MUCH BETTER reading the digital singles. No seams, no staples, just, Irving goodness up in one's face. GET ON IT.

ElNarez comes bearing truth even if it isn't as broad a proclamation as it should be, because all digital singles are awesome

I'll spend a little extra to get singles for books that have already been collected, in fact. Digital singles are the closest I have come to a flawless reading experience.

Hey, might we do a top comics of the year list or a ComicGAF Awards thing at the end of the year?

If we do it should stay here. Comic threads in the rest of the ot tend to get...uncomfortable for most of us.

I like the idea though. We could even do more categories. Best by publisher, best art, best coloring, best in-story title banner, etc.

Here is your Ghost Rider Halloween avatar.

It's not avatar-sized yet because after shrinking it down to size, I realized I need to make some adjustments since some of the lines didn't work so well in 100x120.

Wow, this is amazing. My willpower is breaking down, I might need a new avatar Kipp!

I bought Birthright and Annihilator but my wife and I are not getting along today so I have not been able to read my books. It happens.

Just reread Batman along with the backup story which was pretty cool. Neat seeing some Kelley Jones art!

Batman Eternal, once again scripted by Seeley was a really good Batman and Catwoman story. Seeley has easily don't the best issues.

Back to reading.

Nudull

Banned
If we do it should stay here. Comic threads in the rest of the ot tend to get...uncomfortable for most of us.

I like the idea though. We could even do more categories. Best by publisher, best art, best coloring, best in-story title banner, etc.

It's definitely doable. What about the rest of you? Spike?

Cheska

Messi

It's not avatar-sized yet because after shrinking it down to size, I realized I need to make some adjustments since some of the lines didn't work so well in 100x120.

Is that a hitler moustache? Was that intentional? I'm rolling here.

I wonder what Hitler would be like possessed by the spirit of vengeance, wouldn't he just collapse into himself with some inward penance stare

Dude that's fucking rad. I'm pumped to see mine! I'd love a high-res file of it as well. You know me
3AQmK.gif

Seriously though what is the point of having the title banner in the book like that?
"Here at Marvel we are always looking to give you more bang for your buck. Whether that is doing away with the letter column, making our advertisers ongoing comics or making sure there is no wasted space on our pages. And with it we like to remind readers that should they lose their way, they can always look to the House of Ideas to provide them shelter to the best form of entertainment."

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Is that a hitler moustache? Was that intentional? I'm rolling here.

Have you not seen these "disguises" before?

Dude that's fucking rad. I'm pumped to see mine! I'd love a high-res file of it as well. You know me
3AQmK.gif

Thanks! Yours is up next!
And will do.

Wow, this is amazing. My willpower is breaking down, I might need a new avatar Kipp!

Thanks!
If you decide what you want as your avatar, let me know. :p

kmfdmpig

"Here at Marvel we are always looking to give you more bang for your buck. Whether that is doing away with the letter column, making our advertisers ongoing comics or making sure there is no wasted space on our pages. And with it we like to remind readers that should they lose their way, they can always look to the House of Ideas to provide them shelter to the best form of entertainment."

Love it. Nicely done!

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
All righty Serpentine, here you go:

iLxoiq6PQxMAb.png

Gonna take a little break before starting yours, Cyclops.

And Rrongfield, I haven't forgotten about you. You're up after Cyclops. Probably won't get to it tonight though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom