• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
But I need them pictures in books.

Do you mean I should read this before the last chapter in volume 4?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0553584928/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Yup, the first book is set before the last issue (IIRC, it's been years - just double checked, it's actually before the last arc - #29). I remember reading it and being very very confused why Tara was so upset. it's really good though, all of the novels are. It's very much part of the main story.

Shit okay, I'm so dumb. Will put it on my order for this month then. Thanks Jedeye.

Always throws me off when they don't put the issue numbers in the description.

Edit: ohhhhhh okay I get it now. Thanks! Happy to be jumping on the bandwagon for what seems like a great book.

Please do this and post pictures. I'm extremely serious right now. I want this to happen.

Hahaha ,, surrounded with all my Batman statues and stuff.. Dimmed lights,, my wife looking at me extremely disappointed and awkwardly... (this just keeps getting weirder and weirder.) I feel like I have painted a horrible picture of myself for you guys.

Read a few books so far..
Rocket Raccoon is so good,, just a fun read and the art/colors are such a treat. If you're looking for a fun great looking book this is it.

F.B.P. #14 was good. All about Cecero growing up. Not a ton happened in this issue besides some character back story, and him in school. But it was a good issue and the art change is actually pretty damn good,, fits this book well.

Wytches #1 was pretty good. I'm not into horror movies really at all, but I do love me some horror comics,, like the dark and gritty art. A good first issue... also wtf,, just by turning the pages normally 2-3 different pages got small tears.

Earth 2 Worlds End #1 was ok. I don't think i'll be following this weekly. Seemed like mostly just a recap issue, lost me at times. meh

-

Oh yeah,, and Kipp I think I need me one of your famous Avatars. Thinking a badass Batman (of course what else).
Really tho your art is looking pretty good man

Batgirl was amazing... but I can definitely see a lot of standard comic book readers not being able to relate to it. I felt like I was reading an issue from an alternate universe where females are the majority of the comic book readership. The creative team did a top notch job and the topics being touched upon were appropriately and refreshingly female-centric, which makes sense for a woman-led series but is seldom attempted by the Big 2. I hope it finds its audience and stays true itself. 9/10

I was thinking of buying it for my girlfriend, who doesn't read Western comics at all. How Bat-lore centric is it? There were more than a fewinsider-only references in Gotham Academy.

Tizoc

From a tumblr
"An X-Men team book by Bendis is a lot like Twitter; there’s up to 140 characters used, and nothing much is said at one time."

All things considered that applies to any book Bendis writes.

HOLY CRAP

look at that line up, Morrison!!!, Kirby!!!

CaptainVictory6-600x885.jpg

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/10...bys-captain-victory-and-the-galactic-rangers/

have no idea whats going with Thor's arms. He loses one in UA, gets it back, loses the other one and the hammer, gets the arm back no hammer

Owzers

hmmm i hope there are better deals for MU then the one going on now, MU Plus for 69.99 first year, includes small rocket action figure, and variants for rocket #1 and #2.

have no idea whats going with Thor's arms. He loses one in UA, gets it back, loses the other one and the hammer, gets the arm back no hammer

It pisses me off so much! He got his arm really fucked up by the apocalypse twins, when did that get fixed before the other one got hacked off?

If they followed this continuity properly, Thor would have one gimp arm and that's it. Would make for an interesting book.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
As someone who only started reading Batman ongoings recently the only thing that surprised me about that reveal was that the enemy he's facing isn't Professor Pyg. I was starting to think that he was mandatory in all storylines.

wetflame

Pizza Dog

The wholesome teenage fun of Archie Comics, entertaining audiences for nearly 75 years. The unrelenting alien hunters of "Predator," first seen on the big screen in 1987. Add them together and you get "Alien Meets Predator," a joint production of Archie and long-time Predator license-holder Dark Horse Comics scheduled for spring 2015, revealed Thursday by USA Today. It's a story that series writer Alex de Campi proudly calls "completely insane."

Think they might want to re-read that opening paragraph.

Busaiku

So I'm kinda lost in Batman.
A bunch of things/characters were introduced which I do not recall at all.
I've only been reading Batman.

Messi

Wow looking at some of those early Sunstone pages is rough. He got so much better as he went on. Seriously can't wait to see more of the redrawn pages in the trade in December.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
So I'm kinda lost in Batman.
A bunch of things/characters were introduced which I do not recall at all.
I've only been reading Batman.

I never read Baman Inc so suddenly finding out there's a character called "Batwing" was a bit confusing for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom