• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Damn I love my new avatar. Thanks a ton Kipp, ya mad man!

No problem!
It looks like something went a bit wrong when I resized it (or maybe when I removed the white background) because there seems to be some artifacting or something along the edges. Hopefully I'll figure out the problem and send you a revised version a little later today.

Oh yeah,, and Kipp I think I need me one of your famous Avatars. Thinking a badass Batman (of course what else).
Really tho your art is looking pretty good man

I haven't drawn Batman in a long time, so that would be fun! I've got one other avatar to do, but after that, I'll work on yours.
And thanks for the compliment!

Tell me this was intentional... You jackin my words bro?

*WOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSHHHHH*
Check the quote in his post, Messi

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I haven't read any Swamp Thing ever. I should probably buy the first TPB of Moore's run sometime soon.

So Axis, did I read the same comic as everyone did? I thought it was complete shit.

I could be misremembering, but I feel like at least a few people here thought it wasn't great.

Sadist

So uh, guys, did you ever have the urge to buy a Disney Infinity figurine? (not interested in the game btw)

Because I did and I finally cracked. All the other figurines are pretty damn ugly especially the Iron Man one, but the Guardians set looks pretty cool. So that's why I bought Groot.

Kg3qejk.jpg

Mindwipe

You should; it's really good.

So Axis, did I read the same comic as everyone did? I thought it was complete shit.

What did you hate about it (apart from the stupid frame)?

Shit actually happened in issue 1, so I figured it was already a long way ahead of most Marvel event books.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
So uh, guys, did you ever have the urge to buy a Disney Infinity figurine? (not interested in the game btw)

Because I did and I finally cracked. All the other figurines are pretty damn ugly especially the Iron Man one, but the Guardians set looks pretty cool. So that's why I bought Groot.
Yeah, kinda interested in Captain America, Spider-M and especially Venom, they are bigger than I expected.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Yup, the first book is set before the last issue (IIRC, it's been years - just double checked, it's actually before the last arc - #29). I remember reading it and being very very confused why Tara was so upset. it's really good though, all of the novels are. It's very much part of the main story.

Oh shit, so this is why I had no fucking clue what was going on. A last read it in 2009 so I kinda also forgot the details but I thought I had missed some issues or something.

fauxtrot

Banned
Hipster Batgirl was some of the most tryhard, Tumblr-pandering crap I've ever read. I think Babs Tarr is great tho. She did work on the book.

Just because you didn't connect with it doesn't mean it's "tryhard pandering"... way to have a closed minded, knee jerk reaction. =/

I've been at the con 10 minutes and I spent $300. Help.

Its funny how I just came from the Black Culture thread where we're all talking about lookin for jobs and taking jobs that pay $10/hour and the standard of living north vs south and resume improvement and all that shit

then I come back here and its like "yeah just dropped $800 worth of disposable income on statues for my expensive statue collection, hold dat L niggas"

Messi

Its funny how I just came from the Black Culture thread where we're all talking about lookin for jobs and taking jobs that pay $10/hour and the standard of living north vs south and resume improvement and all that shit

then I come back here and its like "yeah just dropped $800 worth of disposable income on statues for my expensive statue collection, hold dat L niggas"

#notallstatuecollectors

Messi

Y'all are crazy... I can't even afford my car payment this month. My monthly entertainment budget is usually about $80.

My comics cost me $65 this week. That's only one weeks issues :(. I also bought some trades.

Freeza what's up with the Bombshells rereleases? I had one super girl on order for this month and now I see the date changed to q4 2014. Delayed?

Zombine

Banned
No joke. I'll post pics of my shit when we get home after I work on Friday night. At the very least Jed will be happy because I got We3.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Just because you didn't connect with it doesn't mean it's "tryhard pandering"... way to have a closed minded, knee jerk reaction. =/
I mean, the book was about Riff Raff using OK Cupid to run a smartphone thievery operation and he was foiled by Barbara using a QR code to upload a virus to his computer brain... It's not about connecting to it, that's like textbook definition of tryhard pandering.

I liked the book. I almost admire its dumbness, but you're blind if you didn't think they were just checking off a hipster, youth culture checklist when they wrote the story of this book.

fauxtrot

Banned
I mean, the book was about Riff Raff using OK Cupid to run a smartphone thievery operation and he was foiled by Barbara using a QR code to upload a virus to his computer brain... It's not about connecting to it, that's like textbook definition of tryhard pandering.

I liked the book. I almost admire its dumbness, but you're blind if you didn't think they were just checking off a hipster, youth culture checklist when they wrote the story of this book.

So when a book like Scott Pilgrim or God Hates Astronauts does this, it's praised but as soon as it's done with things outside of the general comic book (see: male) audience's wheelhouse it's a bad thing? Ok.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
So when a book like Scott Pilgrim or God Hates Astronauts does this, it's praised but as soon as it's done with things outside of the general comic book (see: male) audience's wheelhouse it's a bad thing? Ok.

Presumptuous of you to assume I like either of those books. I've never read (heard of) God Hates Astronauts and actively dislike Scott Pilgrim.

And I haven't been keeping up with Simone's Batgirl, but from what I've heard about it (and the recent events in BoP) this seems like a total 180. Dude I know said, and I agree:

I just wish this was the Batgirl they established at the beginning of the N52 instead of switching midstream. It would be a lot easier transition to make. It's super jarring to see her act like a carefree teenager when a few issues ago she was dealing with heady issues like the fact that she murdered her brother and made an enemy out of her father. And seeing Black Canary loafing about and couch-surfing like a teenager after losing her fucking husband, being an assassin, and all the crazy shit that went down in Birds of Prey was just... weird.

frye

eh, stuff like Scott Pilgrim and Young Avengers (GillenMckelvie version ofc) get hit pretty hard with the tumblr-pandering/SJW-pandering/hipster-pandering thing (well SP wasn't for the first two, but if it was published now it def. would have

I dont really give a shit tho, that's a boring criticism

Sadist

Sometimes I'm glad I don't live in America. I would have been broke after visiting Comic Con.

Still plan to go one day...

The sickness spreads. It's like ebola!

They do look pretty neat, but they're pretty small for my liking. And $14 a pop, ouch. The one that did grab my attention though was Venom. I seriously did consider buying a few.

I'd love to know the story behind this gif.

Courtship rituals of Arab princes.

the tone of batgirl was fucked, based on what I read of new52 of her and the birds of prey stuff I read

if this was how the new52 started, I'd be 100% okay with it, or if it was a different character, I think it'd be fine

but the established characters they used have been through so much horrible shit in the last 3 years I just dont see this as the "next chapter" of their characters, but some weird multiverse version of these characters.

I dont know if the book is for me, but I think that saying it's tryhard pandering seems a little harsh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom