• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, Earth 2 #27 was great. Very enjoyable look at both the pasts of Kara, Val Zod, and Helena. We learn that
Kara and Val knew each other on Krypton. You see the beginnings of a flirtation between them. We also learn that Kara came to Earth 2 sometime as a young child instead of a teenager and she grew up as Kal and Lois daughter. Really awesome scene of Kara and Val working together to rid a super collider of an Apokolips infection by colliding together themselves at incredible speeds to create a neutron bomb effect.

Kudos to Bennet and Taylor.

Also, Kara's secret.

aYvQKeO.jpg

Finally read Batman #35,,, it was fucking awesome. I really like how the issue started,,
that panel with the copters and Gotham covered with gas/smoke..badasss
Its not at all what I was expecting for this story arc and I don't mean that in a bad way at all. Not that I had much of an idea what to expect.. just surprised me.
I thought it was great! can't wait to see how this unfolds.
How many issues is this arc???

Finally read Batman #35,,, it was fucking awesome. I really like how the issue started,,
that panel with the copters and Gotham covered with gas/smoke..badasss
Its not at all what I was expecting for this story arc and I don't mean that in a bad way at all. Not that I had much of an idea what to expect.. just surprised me.
I thought it was great! can't wait to see how this unfolds.
How many issues is this arc???

I believe they said 5-6?

Also, any time you offer me Batman v.
Justice League
, I'm in without question. It's always fascinating.

tim1138

In news that only Filthy Slug and I care about, Travel Foreman has posted new art from his upcoming creator owned book:

Haskt is the third Zuerst story. This is some Haskt art I’d tweeted recently.
'Haskt' is about a chinese girl that invents time travel, even though time travel is explicitly banned in China. A part-time cam-girl/adult model/masturbatrix whose just trying to find a good book/movie to enjoy in this crazy world. An undercover agent dealing with skeletal reconstruction after a Russian gang skeletally deconstructs her. Corporate land-grabbing in Africa and illegal alien cloning and mining of alien starches…. for y'know sandwiches. And a charming fellow named Haskt that kills people he thinks are fucking up the world at large. A heart-warming, feel-good book.

Tizoc

Anyone know where to find "I can't believe it's no the Justice League" for cheap? It averages at $20 even for used :/

Riptwo

The person that could tell me a reliable source to ship physical comics (new releases as well, subscription or not) to my house in the wonderful land of Canada would be my hero.
I use www.comiccartel.io, and I've been happy so far. I'm not sure if there's a cheaper option out there, but comiccartel charges a flat rate of $14.99 for monthly shipping to Canada. Kind of expensive if you're only buying a few books, but I moved my entire pull list over and just add random singles to my monthly order when I feel like it.

The other bonus is that they ship everything in a reusable storage box that can hold 15ish comics and fits in a bookshelf. I'm sick of longboxes, so that was the initial draw for me.

Doesn't like grimdark DC. Loses his shit over Marvel's characters murdering world's of people in New Avengers.

BenjaminBirdie: The Fair and Balanced of the Comic World.

MoR73cY.gif

Hickman set up like FORTY ISSUES of film flamming and back and forth doing every living thing possible to avoid it. I did not think it was BADASS when Namor pulled the trigger nor did ANY OTHER MEMBER OF THE ILLUMINATI.

Comparing Based Hickman's Moral Megadrama to some Nu52 Pantera record is like comparing Based Hickman's Moral Megadrama to some Nu52 Pantera record.

7jgLqIy.jpg

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Reading last week's Detective Comics finally, omg the art is so good. However, Alfred doesn't call Bruce "Master Wayne" - it's Master Bruce. Alfie is on first name basis with the bat family, I wish editors would pick up on this stuff and fix it, it immediately jumps out at me as being wrong (including in the films). Alfred is paternal, not so subservient (even though that's his job).

Zombine

Banned
Just spent another $180 lol. I love my new Sandman Statue. I think I spent about a grand.
I'm pretty content with what I got so far.

Edit: there will be proof later today.

Messi

Ohhh god no. DC was smart to sink that boat, their only mistake was giving her a lifeboat to Suicide Squad and using her in other areas. Seriously terrible character.

I agree she is terrible but the one shot made her somewhat better. It made the best of a bad situation. But yes other than that she is awful.

tim1138

As my BGAF bredrin know, I am all about the camgirls.

BGAF?

Unrelated but going through Foreman's twitter feed for his new account and it seems he missed out on drawing JLU but Lemire is/was trying to get him on board starting with issue 12. I will now pray to the comics Gods that this happens, only good things can come from a Lemire/Foreman reunion.

I agree she is terrible but the one shot made her somewhat better. It made the best of a bad situation. But yes other than that she is awful.

She's gross and should probably go away altogether.

Unless she turns out to have been a post-op Joker all along, that would be awesome.

m-night-shyamalan.jpg

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
BGAF?

Unrelated but going through Foreman's twitter feed for his new account and it seems he missed out on drawing JLU but Lemire is/was trying to get him on board starting with issue 12. I will now pray to the comics Gods that this happens, only good things can come from a Lemire/Foreman reunion.

BritGAF for us Brits.

Anyway, I just finished that issue of Tec - you'd think the writer would have googled "Magnus Magnusson" and seen that he was a famous UK TV personality, that was a bit jarring. Amazing art though, amazing.

Just got through some more books.

Superman Wonder Woman #12 wasss... decent. A kinda goofy issue. Art was nice. Really hoping this was the only Doomed Aftermath issue. Curious what the next story arc is!

Did anyone read Punks The Comics #1 ???... I have no idea what to think,, or say...
It was different. I enjoyed it. It had some cool funny random "games" and stuff in the middle. It had half of the original/classic issue in the back (the other half is in the next issue)
I feel like Tim1138 and Korupt MIGHT like it? (seeing as we all like GHA a lot)

Black Science #8 is beautiful,, this was a good issue,, but I feel like I expected more? idk it was very good though either way.

tim1138

Just got through some more books.

Superman Wonder Woman #12 wasss... decent. A kinda goofy issue. Art was nice. Really hoping this was the only Doomed Aftermath issue. Curious what the next story arc is!

Did anyone read Punks The Comics #1 ???... I have no idea what to think,, or say...
It was different. I enjoyed it. It had some cool funny random "games" and stuff in the middle. It had half of the original/classic issue in the back (the other half is in the next issue)
I feel like Tim1138 and Korupt MIGHT like it? (seeing as we all like GHA a lot)

Black Science #8 is beautiful,, this was a good issue,, but I feel like I expected more? idk it was very good though either way.

Punks came out this week?
I meant to pick that up actually.

Zombine

Banned
I'm a little disappointed that we didn't get any other days for comic con, but it was nice easing into the process. If someone can help me understand how to obtain press badges and whatnot for SSCC I will be going to that in 2015. Next year I will go all out for both events.

The Cosplay wasnt mind blowing yesterday. Just a lot of girls with bare asses. I think I should start to offer squat classes as well.

"The thing you have to understand, is that when creators talk, we listen. Bendis/Remender/Whoever came up with a great idea to integrate the X-Men franchise into the new Marvel blockbuster Inhuman series in an organic, dramatic way. Some people like to think, "Oh look, Marvel is taking after the movies again", but if we didn't, then they would say, "Marvel isn't creating comics to appeal to potential new readers, no wonder comics are dying". Of COURSE we want to make products that sell to the widest possible audience! I don't call it selling out, I call it buying in! *laughs*"

Cade

We at Marvel Entertainment are proud to announce that once again we're changing the comics landscape, with our new No More Mutants initiative coming in 2015. As well-read comics fans might remember, No More Mutants was a phrase we used before, right before making sweeping changes to the entire Marvel universe- forever. With the new No More Mutants plan, we're taking things to a whole new level, shaking up the status quo and making sure things will never be the same again. We've got a world class team of writers on board, including Brian Wood, and our artists include the ever-brilliant Chris Bachalo. Stay tuned for more on this exciting event, which will be one you won't want to miss.

--
Seriously, though, they couldn't have made this more petty-sounding if they'd named this Those Are Our Characters, Mommy, They Took Them

Messi

Its a genius move because people will buy it to see how they off the x-men (they won't but they will make that cash).

Also changing up the status quo... Names Brian Wood. Looool

Cheebo

Banned
I still can't get over Marvel willingly sabotaging the X-Men and F4 comic franchises out of spite of not having the movie rights.

Tizoc

This shit is hurting my brain.
Making me not want to read many future Marvel comics, not that I'm reading many atm anyways.
...but dear lord my brain.

You guys make it so damn hard to trade wait on Hickman's run. I can't imagine how many shitstorms there must be on a month-to-month basis by reading the singles. I feel like I save myself a lot of stress by reading each volume at once.

Small request: Everyone, please read Simon Spurrier's X-force. Best X-book on the stands that doesn't insult your intelligence.

Between Remender's Uncanny X-Force and Spurrier's X-Force, is there any required reading or are they not that connected?

Was anyone here even reading the recent Fantastic Four run? I remember Korupt posting about it a few times but that's it. The core team is still active in the universe and Doom is a super popular character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom