• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

frye

Is the marriage still a thing? I don't think I've read anything QS has been featured since House of M. I have vague recollections of him appearing in Children's Crusade but don't remember any of the details.

It ended in Silent War I believe? Crystal married Ronan the Accuser in I think the DnA stuff and they've since split up

Is the marriage still a thing? I don't think I've read anything QS has been featured since House of M. I have vague recollections of him appearing in Children's Crusade but don't remember any of the details.

The marriage was annulled by Black Bolt after Quicksilver stole Terrigen crystals and used them to try to re-power mutants and jumpstart his own abilities. Black Bolt also beat the shit out of Quicksilver, like a boss.

She was married off to Ronan the Accuser during War of Kings to solidify the Inhumans taking over the Kree Empire.

tim1138

The marriage was annulled by Black Bolt after Quicksilver stole Terrigen crystals and used them to try to re-power mutants and jumpstart his own abilities. Black Bolt also beat the shit out of Quicksilver, like a boss.

She was married off to Ronan the Accuser during War of Kings to solidify the Inhumans taking over the Kree Empire.

frye said:
It ended in Silent War I believe? Crystal married Ronan the Accuser in I think the DnA stuff and they've since split up

Is that Silent War stuff on Marvel Unlimited? Sounds like a solid read.

93THQ4M.png

The FF doesn't exist anymore

Sue storm is an agent of shield
Reed is one of the most wanted villains

X-men aren't becoming inhumans .

This is why these theories are so weird. Are they canceling Fantastic4? Probably. It's a shitty book. Will they try another one? Probably not for a while. They're 0 for 2 since Hick left.

Are the FF outsized from the MU? Lol hell to the no. So I keep getting my FF stories from Hickman until someone talented figures out what to do with Ben and John. Oh well. Sounds like a solid plan to me.

Also, anyone reading Low and/or Black Science knows Remender is the best fit for FF.

Also, if movies were so tied into Marvels decision making process, how would they have landed at a Female Thor?

People seem to see what they want to see but the actual thing getting seen is always the same thing to see.

ReAxion

Too busy making pouty faces at cons to write more?

No, butterfly, last arc she was doing a bunch of research about wild west shows and ended up with Pretty Deadly. This is probably happening again.

I was going to end that sentence with Bitch Planet, which I think should become a nice burn. But not to you, Messi. Never.

Number45

Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this, but does anyone have recommendations for a comic app for an iPad Mini Retina? My 9 year old daughter has expressed an interest in reading some comics and I'm more than happy to encourage her! :)

No idea what she actually wants to read, but I suspect fairly traditional superhero stuff (Superman, Spider-Man etc.).

I love that Chrome doesn't flag "Superman" in its spell check, but doesn't recognise "online".

Messi

No, butterfly, last arc she was doing a bunch of research about wild west shows and ended up with Pretty Deadly. This is probably happening again.

I was going to end that sentence with Bitch Planet, which I think should become a nice burn. But not to you, Messi. Never.

I wanna read Bitch Planet. But I'm not sure it's ever gonna come out.

Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this, but does anyone have recommendations for a comic app for an iPad Mini Retina? My 9 year old daughter has expressed an interest in reading some comics and I'm more than happy to encourage her! :)

No idea what she actually wants to read, but I suspect fairly traditional superhero stuff (Superman, Spider-Man etc.).

I love that Chrome doesn't flag "Superman" in its spell check, but doesn't recognise "online".

Comixology and use the wwebsite comixology.com to buy issues.

Comixology has a large selection of books from all of the major publishers except for Dark Horse

Marvel Unlimited is also an option if you'd rather just pay a subscription fee as opposed to buying books one at a time

GAMEPROFF

Banned
This is why these theories are so weird. Are they canceling Fantastic4? Probably. It's a shitty book. Will they try another one? Probably not for a while. They're 0 for 2 since Hick left.

Are the FF outsized from the MU? Lol hell to the no. So I keep getting my FF stories from Hickman until someone talented figures out what to do with Ben and John. Oh well. Sounds like a solid plan to me.

Also, anyone reading Low and/or Black Science knows Remender is the best fit for FF.

Also, if movies were so tied into Marvels decision making process, how would they have landed at a Female Thor?

People seem to see what they want to see but the actual thing getting seen is always the same thing to see.
Brevoort even teased that it was not a permanent end for the fantastic four. But conspiracy theories are fun.

Oh shit :D

Marvel Unlimited is a good deal, it's like Netflix for Marvel Comics. It's good value if your daughter is a voracious reader, I know I would have loved MU at that age. It's $10 a month or $69 a year. There is also currently a deal on Plus membership which gets you a Rocket Raccoon toy and other goodies, it's $69 (the same as a standard one-year sub) with code SAVE30 until October 16.

Was anyone here even reading the recent Fantastic Four run? I remember Korupt posting about it a few times but that's it. The core team is still active in the universe and Doom is a super popular character.

I was getting it for the first 4-5 issues.
It was alright I was enjoying it for the most part. Just kinda bland..
..Then in the previews I saw for the next issue ..
"Fantastic Four goes to court!" haha,. and I bailed

Number45

Comixology has a large selection of books from all of the major publishers except for Dark Horse

Marvel Unlimited is also an option if you'd rather just pay a subscription fee as opposed to buying books one at a time

Marvel Unlimited is a good deal, it's like Netflix for Marvel Comics. It's good value if your daughter is a voracious reader, I know I would have loved MU at that age. It's $10 a month or $69 a year. There is also currently a deal on Plus membership which gets you a Rocket Raccoon toy and other goodies, it's $69 (the same as a standard one-year sub) with code SAVE30 until October 16.
Thanks. I'm sure this is an obvious question - but is Marvel Unlimited only Marvel comics?

Also, any issues with that in the UK? Tempted to give it a try, it would be a nice Christmas present for her.

EDIT: At first glance it looks like the Plus option is US only. Not a show stopper for me.

It's not the same situation with Spider-Man. Sony and Marvel are playing nice with each other and Sony gave Marvel back some rights in regards to Spidey.

It's the merchandise rights, correct? Marvel gets 100% of the merch money, I think. This is why he gets to have toys and cartoons, and why he gets to be in Infinity 2.0 (and why there's no hide nor hair of anything FF or mutant-related in the game).

GAMEPROFF

Banned
It's the merchandise rights, correct? Marvel gets 100% of the merch money, I think. This is why he gets to have toys and cartoons, and why he gets to be in Infinity 2.0 (and why there's no hide nor hair of anything FF or mutant-related in the game).
Yep. Fox gets EVERYTHING Merchandise related to FF and X-Men.

Messi

Yep. That's why Marvel is playing nice.

Thanks for th Deathstroke pic Shin! That's badass.

I read FF for the first arc but dropped most my Marvel pull when I realized my pull list was around 60 books a month. It was ok I guess.

Messi

Goodness the first trade of Black Science ends
on such a dour sad moment. That's pretty fucked up.
Great book though.

Birdie playing Devils Advocate / Marvel PR is the best thing about this "news story".

I adore you Birdie, in a fiercely intense, man love sort of way.

You are aware of the origins of the original Secret Wars as a poorly written excuse for a Mattel toyline, right?

Yeah! But this is Hickman. This is the "Crisis" his story has been building to since, IIRC, heat death of the universe is first mentioned in his third Fantastic Four issue.

So I feel like the toy stuff isn't really linked into the core of the story. But it is relevant to what Marvel is dtp, hence the cover lineup.

But if we get a Doctor Zero figure? Oh hell sure.

Marvel is not going to cancel their entire X-line en masse; those books account for far too much of the comics side's revenue. Honestly, while that teaser's fan-baiting is most likely deliberate, I suspect it's merely for a Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch ongoing spinning out of Axis.

FF, on the other hand? Nothing is permanent in superhero comics, but I think there's at least a 50-50 chance that it won't be relaunched for a while.

frye

idk why you guys are acting like this is the first time x-men have been sidelined in an event which has happened as recently as SIEGE

Owzers

Issues 23 and 24 of Uncanny Avengers have been rather bland. Issue #24 moved things along towards Axis, but it seemed very shallow and in a rush to just get over with so some other book can be interesting.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Marvel is not going to cancel their entire X-line en masse; those books account for far too much of the comics side's revenue. Honestly, while that teaser's fan-baiting is most likely deliberate, I suspect it's merely for a Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch ongoing spinning out of Axis.

FF, on the other hand? Nothing is permanent in superhero comics, but I think there's at least a 50-50 chance that it won't be relaunched for a while.

They'll relaunch FF when they have a creative team with a vision for the book. Since Hickman left it the book hasn't had much of one.

Drayco21

The conspiracies about Fantastic Four and X-Men will never not be funny. They only dumped their highest selling writer on the X-books, and sure FF might get cancelled- it's almost like the book is selling pretty poorly or something. Mr. Fantastic has been a major character in the Hickman run, so has Namor- a Fantastic Four/X-Men character.

No More Mutants? C'mon, it's just gonna be another big X-Men event. Marvel is constantly shitting on Mutants, wiping them out and beating them down; that's not a change in the status quo to hurt Fox, that's business as usual for X-Men books.

It's not like putting them out of focus in their marketing for stuff is going to suddenly halt Fox's success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom