• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drayco21

Expected with how popular she is

Why can't you just give me a Kaine and Aracely book, Marvel? :(

I just want a Spider-Family team book. Pete, Miguel, Kaine, Aracely, Flash, Mania and Anya, hanging out. Crazy ol' Eddie Brock shows up to visit sometimes, see if anyones gone crazy.

From that article:

Alonso went on assure retailers that both Wolverine and Thor would be a part of the just-announced Marvel Super Heroes: Secret Wars series by Jonathan Hickman and Esad Ribic. Thor in his classic form (with his hammer) is featured prominently in the Alex Ross teaser image for the event. Now Alonso seems to be suggesting a past version of Wolverine would take part in Secret Wars as well, given we learned Friday morning from Excecutive Editor Mike Marts that the X-men will be "massively involved" in the series.

Didn't Kaine get canceled at #25? And then his New Warriors book even faster than that? Nigga is getting killed off in Spider-Verse

Don't say those things... Marvel is going to get ideas :(
I just want a Spider-Family team book. Pete, Miguel, Kaine, Aracely, Flash, Mania and Anya, hanging out. Crazy ol' Eddie Brock shows up to visit sometimes, see if anyones gone crazy.
Kaine wants to be hardcore but the fam won't let him

I never saw the point or interestingness of Kaine.

"All the power, none of the responsibility."

WHAT??

THAT IS THE MOST POINTLESS THING EVER IN COMICS.

Batman: But with living parents.
Superman: Born and raised on Earth.
Punisher: Finish your crime fighting in time to get home to your loving family!

Whose idea was this character anyway?

Drayco21

WHAT??

Despite the tagline, Kaine actually carries all the responsibility of being a hero- he just tries too hard to pretend he doesn't. He just wants to be a brooding, self-loathing coward, but he can't bring himself to ignore crime, and he was stuck with two different supporting casts of optimistic, happy people who force him to be a better man. It's really fun, compelling character stuff. It was canceled because no one likes fun in their comics anymore though.

WHAT??

The tag line for the solo was silly, but Yost managed to turn Kaine into a really fun character.
Plus, he can talk to spiders!

His relationship with Aracely is my absolute favorite thing about the character. You have this grumpy and sarcastic asshole who is stuck with this bubbly and outgoing demigod and it works out so perfectly. The banter between the two never gets old.

Despite the tagline, Kaine actually carries all the responsibility of being a hero- he just tries too hard to pretend he doesn't. He just wants to be a brooding, self-loathing coward, but he can't bring himself to ignore crime, and he was stuck with two different supporting casts of optimistic, happy people who force him to be a better man. It's really fun, compelling character stuff. It was canceled because no one likes fun in their comics anymore though.

The tag line for the solo was silly, but Yost managed to turn Kaine into a really fun character.
Plus, he can talk to spiders!

His relationship with Aracely is my absolute favorite thing about the character. You have this grumpy and sarcastic asshole who is stuck with this bubbly and outgoing demigod and it works out so perfectly. The banter between the two never gets old.

hm.
ok.

I was really into Scarlet Spider when Ryan Stegman was drawing it. Then Marvel said, "Wait a minute...this guy is waaaaaay too good to be on this B-tier book, put him on Fantastic Four, Superior Spider-Man, and Wolverine stat!". So he left and Khoi Pham came in and that was the end of that.

Hellllsss Yeahhhh
I am mainly happy just because Robbi Rodriguez is back on a book! Awesome.

Wow. I knew that Spider-Gwen had a following, but I didn't expect to see her get an ongoing this soon. I'm sure this will be a $3.99 title, but it gives me a reason to dump Amazing Spider-Man, now.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
In news that only Filthy Slug and I care about, Travel Foreman has posted new art from his upcoming creator owned book:
This is more improtant than comic con right now. I'm so fucking excoted for more Foreman!

Between Remender's Uncanny X-Force and Spurrier's X-Force, is there any required reading or are they not that connected?
Nope, not connected at all. Just jump on Spurrier's run. Everything you need to know is explained or implied or something you can deduce. Sorry didn't reply earlier, should have checked the previous pages.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
If we're going with the whole "No More Mutants" means Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch will be turned into Inhumans conspiracy theory, what if Wolverine is being killed off so that he can be resurrected as an Inhuman too? :O

Would it even be legally possible for Marvel to turn their popular mutant characters into non-mutant characters, then use them in their own films? Doesn't seem like it.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Man, I'm on the biggest Ennis kick right now. His comics are just hitting the spot for me.
I think I might have to make another IST order with the Fury MAX OHC and the first handful of Preacher volumes to take me to $50 (I'll save the rest of the Preacher volumes for when volume 6 comes out at the end of the month).

Also, issue #15 in the Marvel Knights Punisher run is brilliant. A normal guy (who's a reporter) tags along with the Punisher while he does his thing, and it's a shining example of why the Punisher's superpower is that he's basically invincible. As the bullets fly, the reporter keeps getting hit (and he ends up with some other major injuries from other stuff too) while Frank walks away without a scratch. It's a really great issue.

I so wish Marvel would re-release some form of collected editions of this run. Be it a re-print of the omnibus or the hardcovers or some big TPBs. It just needs to be available for people to easily buy (as opposed to having to hunt down a non-outrageously priced one on Ebay).

If we're going with the whole "No More Mutants" means Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch will be turned into Inhumans conspiracy theory, what if Wolverine is being killed off so that he can be resurrected as an Inhuman too? :O

Would it even be legally possible for Marvel to turn their popular mutant characters into non-mutant characters, then use them in their own films? Doesn't seem like it.

I doubt they'll even be inhumans, just super powered.

My theory:
Toss off limited series where they fight some kind of Cassandra-esque Sentinel threat alone, and their only option for survival is SW going "Mutants No More" so the Sentinels don't track them, but before she does, it's at least ten pages of what it means for them to be a mutant, how it would be a betrayal to who they really are, etc, but lives are at stake Wanda we must, and end of issue 2 she does. Issue three they beat the sentinels. Issue 4 they interact with a scornful X-Men and a mistrustful Avengers. Last page is the two of them alone.

Could I possibly be right…

YET AGAIN?

Wow. I knew that Spider-Gwen had a following, but I didn't expect to see her get an ongoing this soon. I'm sure this will be a $3.99 title, but it gives me a reason to dump Amazing Spider-Man, now.

Yeah man I really should just drop Amazing Spider-Man. I'm not a crazy Spidey fan at all,, Superior Spider-Man was the first spidey book I read since jumping back into comics (loved it)
This relaunch has sucked.
This last issue was cool to see Kamala,, but just kinda over it. Idk what I am waiting for that I don't just drop it. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom