• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man, someone Photoshop a picture of the history channel aliens guy, but make it say "Messi".

I'd do it but I'm not home right now.

Done in a generator, like a boss:
I9zDLm2.jpg

Bonus:
BMY2uUs.jpg

And because Messi is The Most "Interesting" Man In The OT:

If my only exposure to Spider-Man had been the five movies, I would have sided with Messi. (And that was my opinion right after walking out of ASM2).

I have 0 knowledge of flash, but I noticed comixology is having a big ass sale on his stuff. I enjoyed GL: rebirth, so im assuimg id enjoy the stuff that Johns did for him. What about the 1st 3 volumes of his new 52 shit? What about Flashpoint and road to flashpoint?

but really doe, I want to like him but the lightning rods on the sides of his ears are fucking dumb.

frye

I have 0 knowledge of flash, but I noticed comixology is having a big ass sale on his stuff. I enjoyed GL: rebirth, so im assuimg id enjoy the stuff that Johns did for him. What about the 1st 3 volumes of his new 52 shit? What about Flashpoint and road to flashpoint?

Read the first Johns run. Skip Rebirth, skip the second Johns run, skip all the Flashpoint stuff, skip the New 52 (sooo pretty but sooo boring)

SoilBreak

Banned

but really doe, I want to like him but the lightning rods on the sides of his ears are fucking dumb.

You should read Mark waid's (The Flash #62 -#129, #142 - 159) and Geoff Johns run ( The Flash #164 - #225).

Tendo

Whelp - after seeing a few of you posting on it I jumped in on IST and got Before Incal, Incal, and the two volumes of Fear Agent. :O

I might be on board for Spider-Gwen. On a related note, how is just about every on-going Marvel series I'm interested in one that doesn't have any trades yet?

On the DC side of things, I started the New 52 Batman. Shit, this is great.

Messi

I might be on board for Spider-Gwen. On a related note, how is just about every on-going Marvel series I'm interested in one that doesn't have any trades yet?

On the DC side of things, I started the New 52 Batman. Shit, this is great.

In my opinion it only gets better. Snyder just gets Batman. Capullos art is just easy on the eyes.

Messi

I always wondered if your fixation of Ann Nocenti was out of psychotic rage or some deep-seated crush.
Or both.

Alot of those Nocenti posts came from a very fustrated time in the Catwoman process. When I still had hope. When I let it get to me. Long before DC released me from her grasp.

As for Olivia...I aint even ashamed to be her biggest fan on gaf.

tim1138

All the classic Waid and Johns stuff is great, Rebirth is skip able, Johns second run isn't bad but exists only to set up Flashpoint. Flashpoint was a decent alt reality story and had the best alternate Batman ever. The only decent New 52 story was the Gorilla Warfare arc with Grodd, the rest was crap.

FinalHeaven

Neo Member
What is a good comic series to break in to for someone who doesn't really enjoy super heroes? I could probably be persuaded but I tend to prefer more serious, dark, or gritty things.

I'm someone who enjoys a lot of one-off graphic novels but I've really been wanting to break into an actual ongoing series that I can rely on regularly. I've been reading Fables which I really enjoy but am not caught up on yet, and I know it is ending soon.

I enjoyed Pretty Deadly and am looking forward to more of that and I've also picked up the first TPB of Saga.

tim1138

What is a good comic series to break in to for someone who doesn't really enjoy super heroes? I could probably be persuaded but I tend to prefer more serious, dark, or gritty things.

I'm someone who enjoys a lot of one-off graphic novels but I've really been wanting to break into an actual ongoing series that I can rely on regularly. I've been reading Fables which I really enjoy but am not caught up on yet, and I know it is ending soon.

I enjoyed Pretty Deadly and am looking forward to more of that and I've also picked up the first TPB of Saga.

Zero by Ales Kot. A spy thriller series that is largely a bunch of one and done that connect to an overarching narrative with each issue having a different artist. It's probably the best comic being published right now.

Messi

Black Science, Deadly Class, American Vampire, Sex Criminals, Velvet, Zero.

Saga is fantastic. You should also pick up BKV's Y The Last Man

Chew is also fantastic and is deep into its run so lots to read if you enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom