• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Otto was a better Peter Parker than Peter Parker.

He was just more interesting overall.

Spider-Man himself is a pretty bad character. You can't expect great stories all the time on such a shaky base.

987.gif

Fintan

I think there's an interesting story to be told with Otto eventually returning as himself. Does he try to be a hero? What is it like when he meets Anna Maria? Etc.

Messi

The Slott quote about the direction he gave for Spider-Gwen is just fantastic considering how much you guys hate him.

"A Gwen Stacy who is Spider-Man"

Messi

I think there's an interesting story to be told with Otto eventually returning as himself. Does he try to be a hero? What is it like when he meets Anna Maria? Etc.

I do hope we get to this at some point. But I don't feel there is a way that Anna Maria can take Otto back.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
To an Ultimates book or? I don't see them taking Otto away from the 616
No, I rather think of an Universe with a Spider, which was slayed by Morlun.
I think the quote, that all Spiders reseamble Peter Parker in some kind but none of them him will become important.

Zombine

Banned
Joe Quinones Jessica Drew!! :O :D <3

Wow!!!!!!!

Edit: Well, I've got what I would consider to be the pitch for my book written. What would be the #1 issue is definitely compelling enough for pickup. Now I need to hit up the art thread and find someone who wants to work with me.

Nudull

Banned
Wow!!!!!!!

Edit: Well, I've got what I would consider to be the pitch for my book written. What would be the #1 issue is definitely compelling enough for pickup. Now I need to hit up the art thread and find someone who wants to work with me.

You're a writer?

mreddie

I get the feeling Silk is gonna be the next Spider Girl while Anya gets lost in the shuffle and Slott is hinting doing something to May...FUCK YOU SLOTT.

Drayco21

There's a new trailer for that smartphone Marvel fighting game, Contest of Champions.

It looks so sad.

I'm weirded out by how excited I am for it. Like, I know it ain't no Mahvel by any stretch of the definition, but it looks fun for what it is, and I look forward to playing it inbetween classes and in down time. The roster looks really impressive, even if most of their normals will probably be shared.

Slott then gloated about some of the characters that got the axe in the last issue, such as the death of Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends. When a fan groaned in disgust, Slott threatened Ms. Lion: "If you keep talking about it, I will kill the dog!" Lowe said it was unclear if any of the spiders would come out of this event safely.

NOT MS. LION
SLOTT YOU MONSTER

I'm weirded out by how excited I am for it. Like, I know it ain't no Mahvel by any stretch of the definition, but it looks fun for what it is, and I look forward to playing it inbetween classes and in down time. The roster looks really impressive, even if most of their normals will probably be shared.

Even if the gameplay is good for what it is, it has microtransactions, and Marvel games generally appear to have some pretty awful microtransactions (see: Marvel Puzzle Quest, Marvel Heroes 2015).

They are being agressive with their licenses. It's nice to see. Viz and KC are sitting on their soiled loins.....

The Emma reprint news also surprised me. I've loved that series since I read it, and I'm happy I'll be able to own physical copies now. Kaoru Mori's other series, Bride's Story is fantastic as well.

Drayco21

Even if the gameplay is good for what it is, it has microtransactions, and Marvel games generally appear to have some pretty awful microtransactions (see: Marvel Puzzle Quest, Marvel Heroes 2015).

I won't comment until I see the nature of the transactions, but I disagree that Marvel is bad about them. Marvel Heroes is a fantastic game that doesn't require a single cent to have a good time with and I even think Spider-Man Unlimited is a pretty good time. When I think of horrible microtransactions, I think of EA's mobile stuff long before I think of anything Marvel's ever done.

Drayco21

"the death of Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends"

what the fuck

He didn't even actually kill the Amazing Friends.

He killed an alternate universe version of the Amazing Friends from Earth-1983, not the actual cartoon's characters from Earth-8107.

This is probably the loophole that will be used to get the meaningless shock value of the deaths without any need to actually dispose of something people care about.

I won't comment until I see the nature of the transactions, but I disagree that Marvel is bad about them. Marvel Heroes is a fantastic game that doesn't require a single cent to have a good time with

When sticking to a single character, sure. I put fifteen hours into that game and had a lot of fun, but then I decided I wanted to play as the Silver Surfer character I got from my Infinity Splinters. Oh, look at that, all characters share the same inventory, and you have to buy individual characters' STASH spaces. Design decisions like that and generally high prices ($10 on the low end for a new character and their STASH space, are you serious?) drove away from the game.

Drayco21

When sticking to a single character, sure. I put fifteen hours into that game and had a lot of fun, but then I decided I wanted to play as the Silver Surfer character I got from my Infinity Splinters. Oh, look at that, all characters share the same inventory, and you have to buy individual characters' STASH spaces. Design decisions like that and generally high prices ($10 on the low end for a new character and their STASH space, are you serious?) drove away from the game.

I have almost the entire roster and have never once bought STASH space, I just manage my inventory. Buying characters with G's can be a little pricey, and costumes are stupidly high, but at no point in the 500 hours of time I've spent with the game have I felt like I need to put any money into it to either make use of my inventory or to get new characters.

Zombine

Banned
You're a writer?

I'm a lot of things. I had been toying for years with the idea of finally getting around to writing my first book, and just now do I feel like I have found my first project that has kept my interest long enough to make something out of it. I can draw, but I'm more into new school graffiti art.
It does not fit the tone of this story, so now I'm
on the hunt for an artist willing to work with me for the duration of the scripting process.

I have almost the entire roster and have never once bought STASH space, I just manage my inventory. Buying characters with G's can be a little pricey, and costumes are stupidly high, but at no point in the 500 hours of time I've spent with the game have I felt like I need to put any money into it to either make use of my inventory or to get new characters.

I'll grant you that I'm not that good with managing inventory, but I still feel that characters should have their own inventories at the very least, it's pretty standard for all games of the genre I've played. If they were to change just that, I'd be more willing to continue playing it.

Nudull

Banned
I'm a lot of things. I had been toying for years with the idea of finally getting around to writing my first book, and just now do I feel like I have found my first project that has kept my interest long enough to make something out of it. I can draw, but I'm more into new school graffiti art.
It does not fit the tone of this story, so now I'm
on the hunt for an artist willing to work with me for the duration of the scripting process.

That makes two of us, then. Anyone else on ComicsGAF doing any writing/scripting?

I wish i didnt see you guys saying that mayday stuff. Fuck them if they do it. And double Fuck them if they think it's funny.

That's some didio nightwing/ titans shit

In fact Fuck comics today...I was about to read my she hulk, blah

Zombine

Banned
That makes two of us, then. Anyone else on ComicsGAF doing any writing/scripting?

I think Ben may be the only other one.

Edit: I'm also already in broadcasting. I guess what will help my pitch will be my ability to express myself and paint a vivd picture for what I want to accomplish.

Drayco21

I'm going to school to be a writer, and do some work for the local paper. I've been working on and off again on a novel, but I generally end up trashing most of my work because I don't like it.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I really hope I eventually get to the point where I can legitimately offer my art services.

I'll take payment in IST gift cards, please.

SoilBreak

Banned
I wish i didnt see you guys saying that mayday stuff. Fuck them if they do it. And double Fuck them if they think it's funny.

That's some didio nightwing/ titans shit

In fact Fuck comics today...I was about to read my she hulk, blah

lol Slott probably would had a field day if he'd work at DC around 2005-2007.

Doesn't help that Anya's one of the few remaining Latina characters among the big two.
You should read New Warriors! Aracely is Mexican and she's hilarious and adorable. We're probably never gonna see her again after it ends though, which is a shame :/

Beetle in Superior Foes of Spider-Man is half-Dominican IIRC and she's great. That's ending soon too...

I'm just happy I get to own the series in English. I'm gonna try and get more of my friends to try it once it comes out. Hopefully Yen Press can do a speedy release.

Rafa is the next big superstar
Kipp and I are working on something BIG right now. The first project didn't really keep his interest, but this one will hit close to home. See yall at the summit.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Kipp and I are working on something BIG right now. The first project didn't really keep his interest, but this one will hit close to home. See yall at the summit.

I do like the first project, I'm just super slow at drawing. Haha
And I kinda needed to take it a bit slower after I stressed myself out a bit too much over getting it done.

But still, I'm on board with whatever Rafa decides to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom