• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simmer down there, Axel.

People need to leave that dude alone. Dude edited Preacher. Dude can peacock however and wherever he wants. Especially when it comes to trash like bleeding cool.

I mean Jesus he's trying to keep spoilers away from fans who would enjoy comics more without them not friggin hiding the coordinates of a labor camp.

Trust me, between Axel editor of Preacher and Rich editor of typos, Axel is the one who has more of fans best interests at heart.

Messi

Inform you of what? That's just Dr. Quinn.

I-dont-believe-you.gif

Messi

Did I read the upcoming uncanny annual is about her? Did they ever explain what happened her when
She disappeared and then reappeared all messed up with longer hair. Then she refused to talk about it.
If it's spoilers please don't spoil it on me :)

Fuck Cyclops

Did I read the upcoming uncanny annual is about her? Did they ever explain what happened her when
She disappeared and then reappeared all messed up with longer hair. Then she refused to talk about it.
If it's spoilers please don't spoil it on me :)

I'm actually pretty excited about that. It's a 2-parter, taking over both All-New AND Uncanny X-Men annuals. At $4.99 each. Don't care, I need it. 80 pages of Eva.

Cheska

Cheska, I'm glad you're enjoying iZombie. That book is just...

Finished the first trade right now, and loved it. Glad I had bought all four trades so I don't have to wait to read the next set haha.

I do have a question, so did they change the characters and names in the upcoming show? Doesn't seem like the info matches up based off what's around the Internet.

Edit: +1 for loving Freeza's avatar. Eva has been the sunshine to Uncanny X-Men's gloomy demeanor.

Messi

I'm actually pretty excited about that. It's a 2-parter, taking over both All-New AND Uncanny X-Men annuals. At $4.99 each. Don't care, I need it. 80 pages of Eva.

Am I wrong. Or was the longer hair not an error. After Thor and original Sin I don't know anymore.

Maybe you can't answer this lol

Am I wrong. Or was the longer hair not an error. After Thor and original Sin I don't know anymore.

No, you're right. The two annuals are going to deal with exactly what happened to her "that time". I'm guessing there were some time-travel hijinx and she was actually gone waaaay longer than it seemed.

I just finished the reludes and nocturnes of sandman. Is there a big collection of sandman in hardbacks? I prefer having everything at once, if not are there deluxe editions like Y the Last Man?

Messi

No, you're right. The two annuals are going to deal with exactly what happened to her "that time". I'm guessing there were some time-travel hijinx and she was actually gone waaaay longer than it seemed.

Odd that it's taken them this long to read with that. It's been nearly a year for up to date readers no?

Cheska

I just finished the reludes and nocturnes of sandman. Is there a big collection of sandman in hardbacks? I prefer having everything at once, if not are there deluxe editions like Y the Last Man?

On mobile so hard to link, but there are no deluxe editions to my knowledge other than the Death mini series.

However, there are two hardcover omnibus editions (which are beautiful and super high quality) and I believe five absolute editions.

On mobile so hard to link, but there are no deluxe editions to my knowledge other than the Death mini series.

However, there are two hardcover omnibus editions (which are beautiful and super high quality) and I believe five absolute editions.

I just looked them up on amazon? Dang they're expensive, but is that the whole story in one book at least? I guess technically I did spend more money buying each deluxe edition of Y the Last Man.

Was he even EIC 15 years ago?

Completely beside the point. That was just the first example that springs to mind. I know they've done it much more recently... What I'm saying is that Marvel bitches and bitches about spoilers, but the minute they have some big "Earth-shattering, nothing-will-ever-be-the-same" announcement, they sure are quick to piss it all over the news networks and spoil everyone.

Zombine

Banned
I do have a question, so did they change the characters and names in the upcoming show? Doesn't seem like the info matches up based off what's around the Internet.

The show literally has next to nothing in common with the book. They could have easily called it something else.

Nudull

Banned

I'd like to collect and read Sandman, someday.

Those prices, though...

frye

I just looked them up on amazon? Dang they're expensive, but is that the whole story in one book at least? I guess technically I did spend more money buying each deluxe edition of Y the Last Man.

do you really want 60 issues in one book

no, let me answer that for you: you really don't

Having one of my productive backlog weekends.

Read Batman Gothic and We3 so far. Then I went to my bookshelf and I picked up my copy of Identity Crisis.

I know a bunch of people here think it's garbage but I just read the first chapter and it was pretty good. Let's see how long that last.

It was actually super well regarded when it hit; it surprised a lot of people by being such a comparatively small scale story compared to your usual end of the world event book. It's just one particular scene that really set a lot of people off who decided "that sort of thing" shouldn't happen in superhero comics, and the story gained infamy.

Then Didio got addicted to the press they got from that book and decided DC should go super dark. Next thing you know Maxwell Lord is inexplicably an evil murderer and Arsenal is wasted out of his mind in an alley assaulting people with dead cats. All that made Identify Crisis retroactively seem less palatable. But I think it's pretty well done on its own merits.

Completely beside the point. That was just the first example that springs to mind. I know they've done it much more recently... What I'm saying is that Marvel bitches and bitches about spoilers, but the minute they have some big "Earth-shattering, nothing-will-ever-be-the-same" announcement, they sure are quick to piss it all over the news networks and spoil everyone.

Eh, I'll still pick him over Rich every single time when it comes to trusting someone's judgement.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Moon Knight #8

Way better than last month, and way better than I was expecting overall. Glad to see that there's a bit of an over-arching storyline building up here, with
Marc's psychiatrist seemingly gunning for him, perhaps as revenge for letting her family's killer go?
That said, not sure if I like them resorting to the old
"Moon Knight is wanted by the police"
plot-point again. Moon Knight '06 already did that, and did it really well.

Sandman hardcovers I think are either 2 omnibuses which are fucking huge or 5 absolutes+absolute death

And then there's the annotated sandmans which are another collection in hardcovers

Moon Knight #8

Way better than last month, and way better than I was expecting overall. Glad to see that there's a bit of an over-arching storyline building up here, with
Marc's psychiatrist seemingly gunning for him, perhaps as revenge for letting her family's killer go?
That said, not sure if I like them resorting to the old
"Moon Knight is wanted by the police"
plot-point again. Moon Knight '06 already did that, and did it really well.

This came out last week? I didn't get it at my LCS.

Edit: Oh, Wood's writing is so forgettable I'd forgotten that I'd read it.

People need to leave that dude alone. Dude edited Preacher. Dude can peacock however and wherever he wants. Especially when it comes to trash like bleeding cool.

I mean Jesus he's trying to keep spoilers away from fans who would enjoy comics more without them not friggin hiding the coordinates of a labor camp.

Trust me, between Axel editor of Preacher and Rich editor of typos, Axel is the one who has more of fans best interests at heart.

Birdie, one day you're going to have to reveal the secret story of what it is that Rich and/or gossip sites like it did to you. You're dangerously close to leave Brittany alone fan girl territory.

... That or you are Axel.

Are you?

DeathyBoy

Banned
That makes two of us, then. Anyone else on ComicsGAF doing any writing/scripting?

Frequently. I used to write some webcomics (Death Boy about Britain's answer to Batman, a teenager turned down by Blockbuster who decided to fight crime/OMGLN, an all female superhero book about a robot, an Alien and the Canadian Goddess of ice hockey who fight cosmic threats), but now just tinkering on DC/Marvel specs.

Vibranium

Banned

Why do I get the feeling that this is an elaborate attempt to bait me....

...I'm probably just off my meds. We all know that Axel is this generation's Andy Warhol of comics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom