• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fauxtrot

Banned
I do like the first project, I'm just super slow at drawing. Haha
And I kinda needed to take it a bit slower after I stressed myself out a bit too much over getting it done.

But still, I'm on board with whatever Rafa decides to do.

I was kinda wondering the status of this. If you guys still need a colorist, you know where to find me! And if not, it's all good. :)

edit - Top of the page for maximum potential rejection!

Having one of my productive backlog weekends.

Read Batman Gothic and We3 so far. Then I went to my bookshelf and I picked up my copy of Identity Crisis.

I know a bunch of people here think it's garbage but I just read the first chapter and it was pretty good. Let's see how long that last.

Cheska

Having one of my productive backlog weekends.

Read Batman Gothic and We3 so far. Then I went to my bookshelf and I picked up my copy of Identity Crisis.

I know a bunch of people here think it's garbage but I just read the first chapter and it was pretty good. Let's see how long that last.

Identity Crisis starts off well enough, but becomes pretty convoluted as it goes on. I don't think it's terrible, but it wasnt my favorite event.

I'm still 3 pages behind on the thread but here's a post with my list anyway list.

Batman And Robin #35
Batman Eternal #28
Batman Superman #15
Batwoman #35
Earth 2 World's End #2
Green Lantern New Guardians #35
Justice League #35
New 52 Futures End #24
Supergirl #35
Teen Titans #3
Trinity Of Sin #1

Cheska

May I ask which are your favorites? :)

I'm honestly really bad at recalling a lot of the older DC events. I wish I had as good a memory as ViewtifulJC does of all the great things that have happened in comic history.

I'm super excited to get through 52 and Blackest Night/Brightest Day when I find time.

For the most part, I've prefered Marvel>DC.

Guys. I'm watching the second season of Orange is the new black and it's making my heart bleed. I can't take this.

So damn good. I love that show.

kmfdmpig

Speaking of old school DC events - am I alone in absolutely loving Invasion as a guilty pleasure? I usually don't like dumb sci-fi like that. I think IF4 is a garbage movie, for example, but Invasion is great. I love the art, the general story beats and most of the tie ins.

http://www.newsarama.com/22417-nycc-2014-dc-digital-download-this-live.html

Andreyko is officially writing Wonder Woman '77, with a cover from Nicola Scott. "This is gonna be Lyle Wagner and Lynda Carter in the '70's. I have a trip planned to Studio 54. I also have permission to use villains from the comics, cause if you've seen the show, you know the only villains are Nazis and gangsters."
Hey, she didn't just fight Nazis and gangsters! She also fought aliens, a trained gorilla, robots, a woman who could control ants...

"If you enjoy it have as much as I enjoy it, it should be a lot of fun. And maybe, somewhere between Batman '66 and Wonder Woman '77, maybe we can do a crossover."
ptGSfT6.gif

fauxtrot

Banned
I would love to see you on colors.

I want to be ComicGAF's Dave Stewart / Jordie Bellaire ... I will bust out the Photoshop for anyone that needs my services.

Also Fauxtrot and Cheska your avatars are similar enough I keep getting you confused before I look at the name.

I went to Selina to celebrate the Great Nocenti Removal of 2014. I need to get myself another Mignola avatar for Halloween!

8bit

Knows the Score
Finally got round to Winter Soldier, note that incidental names such as planets and characters are taken from 2000AD as well as Aphex Twin & Autechre tracks. Think I'll be sticking with this for a bit.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I went to Selina to celebrate the Great Nocenti Removal of 2014. I need to get myself another Mignola avatar for Halloween!

I was looking really hard for a Halloween Mignola avatar, but couldn't find anything that was Halloween enough. He draws plenty of monsters and everything, but nothing that really screams Halloween. I had to go and draw my own Mignola-related Halloween avatar.

fauxtrot

Banned
I was looking really hard for a Halloween Mignola avatar, but couldn't find anything that was Halloween enough. He draws plenty of monsters and everything, but nothing that really screams Halloween. I had to go and draw my own Mignola-related Halloween avatar.

Which I'm incredibly jealous of. Just so you know.

I think I'm gonna go for general creepy old maid or a crusty old codger with fangs and/or wings... Mignola draws lots of those old timey portraits like that. Or maybe a werewolf? So many options!

For the most part, I've prefered Marvel>DC.

Same here. But I really don't like Marvel's pricing structure, so I only buy the monthly Marvel titles that I can't trade-wait. Mainly my X-books and Ms. Marvel. Now that Spider-Gwen and Silk are getting their own ongoings, I'm probably going to drop ASM soon.

Kipp

Which I'm incredibly jealous of. Just so you know.

I think I'm gonna go for general creepy old maid or a crusty old codger with fangs and/or wings... Mignola draws lots of those old timey portraits like that. Or maybe a werewolf? So many options!

Haha. Thank you. Your jealousy means a lot. :p

And yeah, that was my exact problem. There was a ton of stuff that sort of fit the bill, but I couldn't pick one out of all the options. Haha

Zombine

Banned
Copperhead #2 was a good continuation of the story from the first issue. Farrier admitted that he had to change how he wrote the issue due to time limitations, but I would still call it a success.

Owzers

Through five issues of Manhattan Projects now. It has a certain bizarre inventiveness throughout that I find refreshing, similar to Nextwave but instead of humor and silliness there is revisionary science fiction.

Random score of Highly Recommended out of 10.

I have all issues on hand, i'm waiting for the inevitable decline.

I liked blackest night, I bought all of it.. I don't like marvel events but I like XMEN ones. I loved DC one million. I need to buy that omnibus. I've never read everything for it but i loved all that I have for it. And it was awesome in the end of Supergirl when they showed who supergirl one million was. Awesome and sad.

fauxtrot

Banned
I should be at home mentally preparing myself for the season premiere of the Walking Dead, but instead I've been at work for the last 8 hours re-entering invoices into the accounting software that crashed last week and erased a full month's worth of work. FML

Completed Fear Agent vol 1 this weekend. Great fun. I feel the backup stories should have been spread across the chapters (or at least inserted between the arcs) instead of being stuck at the end.

Also re-reading Sandman, the Season of Mists is such a great arc. How is the Dead Boy Detectives series?

Edit: Wait, there is also an Ed Brubaker Dead Boy Detectives story?!

Kipp

Completed Fear Agent vol 1 this weekend. Great fun. I feel the backup stories should have been spread across the chapters (or at least inserted between the arcs) instead of being stuck at the end.

I'm glad to hear you liked it!
And yeah, that probably would've been wise. I really enjoyed them, but there was a bit of fatigue from reading them all bunched up like they were. And it probably didn't help the momentum of the main story.
I was really surprised at how much I liked the backup stories though. There was some quality stuff in there.

I'm glad to hear you liked it!
And yeah, that probably would've been wise. I really enjoyed them, but there was a bit of fatigue from reading them all bunched up like they were. And it probably didn't help the momentum of the main story.
I was really surprised at how much I liked the backup stories though. There was some quality stuff in there.

Yeah, the stories would definitely have improved the pacing of the main arcs. If vol 2 is set up in a similar fashion, I might give myself some time between the arcs and not binge like I did with vol 1.

Guys what online service do you use for floppies? I usually go to my LCS but occasionally I'll be busy and let a week or three of books pile up and order from Midtown Comics. They have 15% off every book which is nice but I'm wondering if I can get better than that.

Owzers

Guys what online service do you use for floppies? I usually go to my LCS but occasionally I'll be busy and let a week or three of books pile up and order from Midtown Comics. They have 15% on every book which is nice but I'm wondering if I can get better than that.

i don't think you'll find that much better a deal on current issues unless you pre-order from a place like dcbservice.com

Cheska

Started iZombie, definitely delivering so far. Allred cementing himself as one of my favorite artists, making me even more excited about X-Statix.

Also, just reached the page Zombine's avatar is from lol

i don't think you'll find that much better a deal on current issues unless you pre-order from a place like dcbservice.com

See. Okay. I mainly asked because I've always heard people talk up dcbs but I could never understand how the freakin' site worked. So they can give those deep discounts because they're a preorder-only service (which I'm not at all interested in doing). Good to finally know.

Messi

Started iZombie, definitely delivering so far. Allred cementing himself as one of my favorite artists, making me even more excited about X-Statix.

Also, just reached the page Zombine's avatar is from lol

This has happened me multiple times because of this place. Every time it makes laugh.

fauxtrot

Banned
So, not only is COPRA #18 out and available from Michel Fiffe's etsy, but he also reprinted and is selling ZEGAS #0 , #1 & #2 (as well as all three).

Get em while you can... they won't last long! The last time I saw these on eBay (about 2 weeks ago), the seller had them up for $100 and I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up going for even more than that.
I'm so glad I didn't cave in and impulse buy them!

ReiGun

http://www.newsarama.com/22417-nycc-2014-dc-digital-download-this-live.html

Hey, she didn't just fight Nazis and gangsters! She also fought aliens, a trained gorilla, robots, a woman who could control ants...
I'm down to see Circe, Cheetah, and Dr. Psycho get the TV treatment (though they'll probably just use their designs from around that time).

I wonder what Etta will look like. Probably gonna go with the TV version, but I would love if they said fuck it and used the new 52 version with some adjustments. Lord knows they ain't doing shit else with the character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom