• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
DasList!

DC COMICS:
-BATMAN AND ROBIN #35
-BATMAN ETERNAL #28
-BATMAN / SUPERMAN #15
-JUSTICE LEAGUE #35

IMAGE:
-DEADLY CLASS #8

MARVEL:
-DAREDEVIL #9
-DEATH OF WOLVERINE #4
-EDGE OF SPIDER-VERSE #5
-MS. MARVEL #9
-SPIDER-MAN 2099 #5

What an ass
AcGxF2z.jpg

Birdie, one day you're going to have to reveal the secret story of what it is that Rich and/or gossip sites like it did to you. You're dangerously close to leave Brittany alone fan girl territory.

... That or you are Axel.

Are you?

Nothing to me dude. I guess y'all weren't around in the CBR column days when he ran some bullshit that got people fired.

Fuck that dude forever.

Black Science #9: I have no idea what just happened.

Right!?,, I mean I kinda do,, I think. Just felt blindsided by it.

-

So I went to my other LCS to pick up Annihilator #2 and saw POP #1 & #2 there (by Dark Horse). I heard about it from a podcast it sounds funny and cool so I checked it out.
It was actually pretty good.
"What if the world’s pop stars and celebrities were literally products, grown by the world’s wealthiest (and most depraved) minds—and one of them escaped?

As unique as it is entertaining, POP is a white-knuckled thrill ride through the marketing-mastered, technologically tethered tragicomedy we call life.
"
Funny part,, Dustin Beaver decides to retire from the music/entertainment industry at age 19. A scene with him and hookers and what not, a couple shows up at the hotel and basically teaches him a lesson as to what happens when he thinks he can retire without asking to. And shoots him in the kneecaps.

If this is to spoilery tell me I will delete it.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Sometimes I see art like that and I think "damn, I could draw comics".

Sounds like a great concept for a story though, similar to the "trauma based mind control"/Disney club conspiracies.

Zombine

Banned
Sometimes I see art like that and I think "damn, I could draw comics".

Sounds like a great concept for a story though, similar to the "trauma based mind control"/Disney club conspiracies.

Worse comes to worse just trace some photos. Marvel doesn't seem to care.

Boogiepop

So here's a question: can you still just shoot yourself into space without protection from cosmic rays and get super powers in the Marvel universe? I mean, it's public knowledge how the FF got their powers there, and it's proven repeatable thanks to Red Ghost and his super apes, yeah?

Also forgot to mention, but I watched season 2 of Justice League from the opener with Darkseid and Brainiac through the Justice Lords arc. Definitely seems to have stepped it up big time for season 2, imo. Some awesome stuff in there. Particularly liked the way that
Scarface was lobotomized but the Ventriloquest wasn't
in the Justice Lords episodes. Nice little touch that's easy to miss, haha!

GAMEPROFF

Banned
So here's a question: can you still just shoot yourself into space without protection from cosmic rays and get super powers in the Marvel universe? I mean, it's public knowledge how the FF got their powers there, and it's proven repeatable thanks to Red Ghost and his super apes, yeah?

Seems to work, the U-Foes did the same thing to get their powers.

Also forgot to mention, but I watched season 2 of Justice League from the opener with Darkseid and Brainiac through the Justice Lords arc. Definitely seems to have stepped it up big time for season 2, imo. Some awesome stuff in there. Particularly liked the way that
Scarface was lobotomized but the Ventriloquest wasn't
in the Justice Lords episodes. Nice little touch that's easy to miss, haha!

What if? Instead of super powers, the cosmic rays gave the Fantastic Four cancer?

And yeah. Season 2 and onwards of Justice League is sogood.gif

Who was it that was reading Wytches in a Forrest

Zombine?
That reminds me,, I saw Blair Witch Project at an out door movie theater completely surrounded by woods . And a couple other horror type movies also, I think one of the other movies was Thirteen Ghosts. It was a little freaky
I was like 13ish !?.. give me a break

kswiston

Just saw the cover of that new Ant Man series. When was the last time Mark Brooks did interiors? All I seem to see from him now are covers.

So I've read the last two issues of Constantine and dug them. Is it worth going back to read the rest of the New 52 run?

So since nobody ever answered me on this I assume nobody else is reading it. I've read the first four issues and so far I'm enjoying it a TON. This is one of the best put together books about magic that I've read. It's not horror-themed in the way the Vertigo book was, but it's still plenty dark, still feels like the same character. He's a little more obvert about his magic but there's no magic zappy bolts and his tongue is still his main weapon. It works because the writing is clever enough to do the character justice. I'll keep going.

So since nobody ever answered me on this I assume nobody else is reading it. I've read the first four issues and so far I'm enjoying it a TON. This is one of the best put together books about magic that I've read. It's not horror-themed in the way the Vertigo book was, but it's still plenty dark, still feels like the same character. He's a little more obvert about his magic but there's no magic zappy bolts and his tongue is still his main weapon. It works because the writing is clever enough to do the character justice. I'll keep going.

I read it early on when it launched and I liked it but ended up dropping it during one of my occasional cullings when I needed to drop something but enjoyed most of what I pulled.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I am the unluckiest person ever when it comes to IST shipments. I just checked the tracking info, and on Friday, the day before the three day weekend, it was at the sorting facility that packages end up at the day before I receive them. If I had just made the order one day sooner I'd have my comics three days ago...

I know there's a lot of artists here. Great read:
http://dharbin.tumblr.com/post/99755426308/skronked-hey-jalopy-im-going-to-give-you-a

And Dustin is world class too.

As someone else who can't draw smooth, hard lines to save his life (although for different reasons), that post gave me hope. Good stuff.

Also, his stuff is super cool:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure nobody answered your question because nobody is reading it. I haven't read one thing (good or bad) about the series until you brought it up. I'm glad you're enjoying it though! Keep us updated on the quality as you read more. I might want to check it out.

Zombine

Banned
Kipp, have you considered working slower? When I was talking to Joe Quinones and he was doing a commission, he spent quite a lot of time on one single line. He only got crazy with the shading.

Kipp

Kipp, have you considered working slower? When I was talking to Joe Quinones and he was doing a commission, he spent quite a lot of time on one single line. He only got crazy with the shading.

That's actually exactly what I had been doing for my final lines on the Rafa comics (and to a slightly lesser extent, on the Omnibus Reading Position four-panel comic). I spent about 8 hours on just a few panels meticulously drawing smooth lines over my rough pencils, drawing only tiny portions of the line at a time while zoomed in super far. I then decided that was a really unsustainable way for me to be drawing because of both the amount of time and the fact that it was pretty mentally excruciating. So I decided to not care quite so much about having a consistent, perfectly smooth line and instead just went for "pretty good" (which still took time, but significantly less time) and while zoomed out, you can't even really tell much of a difference. In fact, the lines have a little bit more life to them since they're not so sterile.

I appreciate the suggestion though. I'll definitely take all the suggestions and help I can get.
It's good to know that even artists like Joe Quinones need to take their time on single lines and can't just effortlessly draw smooth and perfect lines like I imagine they do. Haha

Boogiepop

Here's another random question about something that should in theory still be in canon/possible: When's the last time that Spidey made a web construct in a comic? Like how he used to make parachutes and tennis racquets and whatnot out of webbing. It's obviously super silly so it's no surprise he doesn't do it anymore, but in theory he should totally be able to.

Zombine

Banned
Here's another random question about something that should in theory still be in canon/possible: When's the last time that Spidey made a web construct in a comic? Like how he used to make parachutes and tennis racquets and whatnot out of webbing. It's obviously super silly so it's no surprise he doesn't do it anymore, but in theory he should totally be able to.

Issue #1 of the new Amazing Spiderman. He made underwear.

Kipp

Is it weird that I still haven't read any Spider-Man besides Aaron's Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine?
I want to read Bendis' Ultimate Spider-Man, but it's so daunting. Also, there doesn't seem to be an ideal way to read it in collected form. The omnibuses don't cover the whole series, the ultimate collections don't cover the whole series, the TPBs are too tiny and I'd need like a thousand of them, and the hardcovers are OOP.
Maybe I should get Marvel Unlimited for a month for $0.99 when that promo happens next and try to get through the whole series (assuming it's on there).

Messi

Does this count

I don't care Btw. I like Amazing Spider-man. Fuck the haters.

Parch

I just read the first few issues of the Thunderbolts. Wow, is that ever a crap comic. I thought it was a cool group of bad-asses but even Deadpool can't save that turd of a book.

I have to assume it gets better because it's still alive, right?

PsychBat!

Banned
I just read the first few issues of the Thunderbolts. Wow, is that ever a crap comic. I thought it was a cool group of bad-asses but even Deadpool can't save that turd of a book.

I have to assume it gets better because it's still alive, right?
It's ending soon.

Is it weird that I still haven't read any Spider-Man besides Aaron's Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine?
I want to read Bendis' Ultimate Spider-Man, but it's so daunting. Also, there doesn't seem to be an ideal way to read it in collected form. The omnibuses don't cover the whole series, the ultimate collections don't cover the whole series, the TPBs are too tiny and I'd need like a thousand of them, and the hardcovers are OOP.
Maybe I should get Marvel Unlimited for a month for $0.99 when that promo happens next and try to get through the whole series (assuming it's on there).

Have you read Superior Spider-Man??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom