• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
When they clone a robot Thor that kills someone and Reed lobotomises it with a drill in a panel designed to make him lookas much like Doctor Frankenstein as possible?
They dont seem to be that happy that that Thor-Clone killed Bill Foster and also it was just an amplified robot, so I am ok with them lobotomize it after such an incidient, espescially since it doesnt showed a own personality like other Marvel Robots like Machine Man or The Vision.

And while I am siding with Cap without the sliegthest moment of doubt, you can really see how Steve only fights for his own goals in the, even when he is on the good side with not siding with murderers and putting people in concentration camps.

Just looked at the releases for this Wednesday and it's packed for me:
Black Canary
Gotham Academy
Justice League
Tokyo Ghost
Astonishing Ant Man
Karnak

And Multiversity OHC and the Hawkeye Omni... I think I'm gonna wait on Hawkeye since I have the trades already :x

Cap was a lot of fun. First Falcon Cap solo comic I've read and I enjoyed it a lot. Nick Spencer is one of my favourite comic writers at the moment - Superios Foes, Ant-Man and now this. I'll be getting #2.

Xis

I'm going to a con that heavily features Valiant talent/producers. Any trades that are worth picking up for someone whose only exposure Valiant is the terrible X-O Manwar/Iron Man crossover game?

Maybe the first three Harbinger trades + the first three Bloodshot trades + Harbinger Wars (crossover between the two). They are decent reads, plus it's the material Sony will be basing their movies on.

Edit: If that is too much content, I hear "The Valiant" is a good intro to the Valiant Universe (Can't say for sure, I haven't read that far yet).

Cap was a lot of fun. First Falcon Cap solo comic I've read and I enjoyed it a lot. Nick Spencer is one of my favourite comic writers at the moment - Superios Foes, Ant-Man and now this. I'll be getting #2.

Might have to check it out. I love Superior Foes and I have been enjoying Ant-Man a lot.

I'm really excited for his new Image book since he's working with Lieber again.

Owzers

I like the new 3ds xl a lot, it's more comfortable to hold and the 3D effect eye tacking thing keeps it from having a tiny sweet spot that breaks easily. The problem is the system is basically dead so don't expect a lot of games in the future.

Zombine

Banned
I like the new 3ds xl a lot, it's more comfortable to hold and the 3D effect eye tacking thing keeps it from having a tiny sweet spot that breaks easily. The problem is the system is basically dead so don't expect a lot of games in the future.

I love this damn system...it feels like it just found its legs after like 4 years and now we're moving on.

Owzers

I love this damn system...it feels like it just found its legs after like 4 years and now we're moving on.

but..games! The only reason i don't hate the system is because i didnt' play any of the 3ds games i owned previously to getting the new 3ds XL because i hated the 3d effect on the old models. Currently playing through Mario 3d land and enjoying it on the new model. still need to finish Luigi's Mansion, start Fire Emblem and Link between worlds. I tried Majoras Mask but got bored, i was never into Zelda games but i always buy them because of batsquirreling, they always look fun. There isn't a single game on the horizon that interests me though, and not many games coming out in general. Gamefly coming soon list is a pile of dino turds.

Hearthstone on ipad pretty much killed my vita :/

Volume 1 of TransMet done! 9 more to go. I now know who Spider Jeruselam is, now I want to see his story.
Glad you're liking it. One of the top series out there.

In other news I think I've wrapped up this years BOGO Marvel CMX sale. I am still surprised at the gaps that still exist in the older series. Like PADs hulk run isn't complete, Simonsons Thor is imcomplete, FF has holes,there's still spidey gaps like issue 300 and venom first appearances. Fill those gaps!

But got more of AMS spidey gaps filled in, more classic cap, got some x23, agent X, newer series that have issues that hit $1.99, and now the real highlight

Electra Assassin for $4. Woot

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Just looked at the releases for this Wednesday and it's packed for me:
Black Canary
Gotham Academy
Justice League
Tokyo Ghost
Astonishing Ant Man
Karnak

And Multiversity OHC and the Hawkeye Omni... I think I'm gonna wait on Hawkeye since I have the trades already :x

My weekly buys are shrinking as SW tie-ins are all ending.

Secret Six
Tokyo Ghost
Age of Apocalypse

Plus another issue of Manifest Destiny.

Whoever it was that said Spencer was getting a lot of shit on Twitter, you weren't lying. Reading some of these tweets is making my brain leak out of my ears.

Hagi

Whoever it was that said Spencer was getting a lot of shit on Twitter, you weren't lying. Reading some of these tweets is making my brain leak out of my ears.

He's writing about current American politics in a Captain America book, it's sad but I'm sure he expected it. Half the people complaining probably never even bought the book and are just bitching for the sake of it like all those twats moaning about the SJWs taking over Marvel by doing things like introducing Jane as Thor.

Such a carefree hobby we indulge ourselves in :p

Messi

Black Canary #5
Batman and Robin #3
Clean Room #1
Gotham Academy #11
Secret Six #7
Titans Hunt #1

Beauty #3
Shutter #16
Tales of Honor #3
Tokyo Ghost #2

Age of Apocalypse #5
Amazing Spider-Man #2
Astonishing Ant Man #1
Invincible Iron Man #2
Karnak #1
Uncanny Inhumans #1
Weirdworld #5
Hawkeye Omnibus

Lumberjanes #19

MxqiVUQ.gif

Also Catwoman bombshell.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I dont even dare to imagine what would happen on Twitter when he had this website back then when Superman gave his american citizenship up.

ElNarez

Banned
He's writing about current American politics in a Captain America book, it's sad but I'm sure he expected it. Half the people complaining probably never even bought the book and are just bitching for the sake of it like all those twats moaning about the SJWs taking over Marvel by doing things like introducing Jane as Thor.

Such a carefree hobby we indulge ourselves in :p

Kirby and Simon made american nazi sympathizers angry to the point of death threats.

Acuna and Spencer are just upholding a great tradition of Captain America comics.

Hagi

I dont even dare to imagine what would happen on Twitter when he had this website back then when Superman gave his american citizenship up.

If you really want to know just google. There's plenty of articles about Action Comics 900 with idiots spewing bile about that particular plot point in the comment sections. Not a great deal of difference between Twitter and most comment sections like Youtube these days.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
If you really want to know just google. There's plenty of articles about Action Comics 900 with idiots spewing bile about that particular plot point the comment sections. Not a great deal of difference between Twitter and most comment sections like Youtube these days.

Nah, dont want to make me feel bad because of moronic lunatics.

Zombine

Banned
Black Canary #5
Batman and Robin #3
Clean Room #1
Gotham Academy #11
Secret Six #7
Titans Hunt #1

Beauty #3
Shutter #16
Tales of Honor #3
Tokyo Ghost #2

Age of Apocalypse #5
Amazing Spider-Man #2
Astonishing Ant Man #1
Invincible Iron Man #2
Karnak #1
Uncanny Inhumans #1
Weirdworld #5
Hawkeye Omnibus

Lumberjanes #19

MxqiVUQ.gif

Also Catwoman bombshell.

RIP

Hagi

Nah, dont want to make me feel bad because of moronic lunatics.

eh there's a lot to feel bad about this industry, random assholes opinions about whether Superman is patriotic to the American cause shouldn't apply.

Had no idea that Simone had a Vertigo book out next week, another thing to add to the list.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
eh there's a lot to feel bad about this industry, random assholes opinions about whether Superman is patriotic to the American cause shouldn't apply.

When I read shit commentars from people who rage because Thor is now a girl, Captain America is black and Superman is no longer american, I get annoyed. Because 99% of these stuff is the same yadda-yadda about PC taking over, americans no longer allowed to american (which should most the time be said from far-right-assholes) and masculinist.
Not the stuff that are fun to read.

Messi

The december issue of Saga comes out on December 23rd. I know what we are all getting from BKV this christmas...heartbreak.

Lists get earlier all the time....

Marvel:
Amazing Spider-Man #2
Astonishing Ant-Man #1
Invincible Iron Man #2
Star Wars: Shattered Empire #4 of 4
What If Infinity: Guardians of the Galaxy One-Shot

DC:
Gotham Academy #11

Others:
The Shield #1 (Archie)
The Paybacks #2 (Dark Horse)
Voltron: From the Ashes #2 (Dynamite)
Back to the Future #1 (IDW)
Star Trek Ongoing #50 (IDW)
The Transformers #46 (IDW)
Wolf #4 (Image)
Doctor Who: The Ninth Doctor #4 of 5 (Titan)
Ivar Timewalker #10 (Valiant)

Really want Hawkeye Omnibus, but I have OHC 1, I should wait for OHC 2. Want to see pics from you folks picking it up!

List.

My BuyList via Comics Day App
BATMAN AND ROBIN ETERNAL #3 $2.99
BLACK CANARY #5 $2.99
DOCTOR FATE #5 $2.99
GOTHAM ACADEMY #11 $2.99
JUSTICE LEAGUE #45 $3.99
BEAUTY #3 CVR A HAUN (MR) $3.50
TOKYO GHOST #2 CVR A MURPHY & HOLLINGSWORTH (MR) $3.99

Final haul from the Vertigo sale:

100 Bullets Vol 1-3
Preacher Vol 2-6
Y The Last Man Vol 3-10
FBP Vol 1-2

Quite a bit of money dropped, but chances I'll regret it are slim.

LIST:

(The) Shield #1
***Giant Days #7***
Tokyo Ghost #2
Fall of X-O Manowar
Ivar, Timewalker #10
Rai #11

Fmal

Banned
Perfect Viewer has been crashing for me every time I try to update my library. What's a good alternative for Android?

Sadist

but..games! The only reason i don't hate the system is because i didnt' play any of the 3ds games i owned previously to getting the new 3ds XL because i hated the 3d effect on the old models. Currently playing through Mario 3d land and enjoying it on the new model. still need to finish Luigi's Mansion, start Fire Emblem and Link between worlds. I tried Majoras Mask but got bored, i was never into Zelda games but i always buy them because of batsquirreling, they always look fun. There isn't a single game on the horizon that interests me though, and not many games coming out in general. Gamefly coming soon list is a pile of dino turds.

Hearthstone on ipad pretty much killed my vita :/
What, no interest for the new Fire Emblem? There is Ace Attorney 6, Project x Zone 2, Bravely Second, SMT IV Final and Zero Escape 3 as well.

2015 was a lackluster year for the system though. Shame really, because in 2011, 12 and 13 and 14 I played a shitton of games on the system.

Owzers

What, no interest for the new Fire Emblem? There is Ace Attorney 6, Project x Zone 2, Bravely Second, SMT IV Final and Zero Escape 3 as well.

2015 was a lackluster year for the system though. Shame really, because in 2011, 12 and 13 and 14 I played a shitton of games on the system.

I've never played a Fire Emblem game, i bought Awakening for 3ds to give it whirl but i get tired of turn based battle games, they get incredibly repetitive fast.

Messi

Final haul from the Vertigo sale:

100 Bullets Vol 1-3
Preacher Vol 2-6
Y The Last Man Vol 3-10
FBP Vol 1-2

Quite a bit of money dropped, but chances I'll regret it are slim.

LIST:

(The) Shield #1
***Giant Days #7***
Tokyo Ghost #2
Fall of X-O Manowar
Ivar, Timewalker #10
Rai #11

I envy that you get to read Y for the first time.

Sadist

I've never played a Fire Emblem game, i bought Awakening for 3ds to give it whirl but i get tired of turn based battle games, they get incredibly repetitive fast.
Oh, sad to hear :( Personally Fire Emblem is one of my favourite Nintendo franchises and I just can't get enough. I think I've put over 100 hours in Awakening lol.

Messi and that October Death List

Lemme see what I got this week:

Clean Room #1
Gotham Academy #11
DC Bombshells Catwoman Statue
Beauty #3
Empty Zone #5
Invincible #124
Shutter #16
Tokyo Ghost #2
Darth Vader #11
Invincible Iron Man #2
Journey Star Wars FASE #4 (Shattered Empire)

Also, I'm not buying it since I already have all 27 volumes, but dat Claymore box set is rad:

Warren Ellis

You know what's super-cool? When you quote images so they aren't HUUUUUUGE.

Top Bottom