• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Any must read secret tie-ins? I took a few months off reading non star wars stuff so Id like to catch up while comixology has that bogo sale

Messi and that October Death List

Lemme see what I got this week:

Clean Room #1
Gotham Academy #11
DC Bombshells Catwoman Statue
Beauty #3
Empty Zone #5
Invincible #124
Shutter #16
Tokyo Ghost #2
Darth Vader #11
Invincible Iron Man #2
Journey Star Wars FASE #4 (Shattered Empire)

Also, I'm not buying it since I already have all 27 volumes, but dat Claymore box set is rad:

You know what's super-cool? When you quote images so they aren't HUUUUUUGE.

Is Claymore that good?

The Comixology Marvel BOGO sale is super tempting but I don't have enough money to really take advantage of it. :\

Edit: Actually thinking about it, this isn't a good sale unless you are very smart about it.

Messi

Any must read secret tie-ins? I took a few months off reading non star wars stuff so Id like to catch up while comixology has that bogo sale

I LOVED Witch Hunter Angela, A-Force, Captain Marvel and the Carol Corps, Siege and where monsters dwell.

Thors is good as is Renew your vows, Civil War

Avoid Runaways at all costs.

So FF have just introduced 'Him' (who I've since read is Adam Warlock aka Not-Jesus-Honest). So in less than 70 issues they've introduced nearly 10 'Key' characters to the entire Marvel Universe. WOWZERS.

Messi and that October Death List

Lemme see what I got this week:

Clean Room #1
Gotham Academy #11
DC Bombshells Catwoman Statue
Beauty #3
Empty Zone #5
Invincible #124
Shutter #16
Tokyo Ghost #2
Darth Vader #11
Invincible Iron Man #2
Journey Star Wars FASE #4 (Shattered Empire)

Also, I'm not buying it since I already have all 27 volumes, but dat Claymore box set is rad:

You know what's super-cool? When you quote images so they aren't HUUUUUUGE.

You want to know what else is cool? Oh wait SUPER-COOL? Not being a DICK about it.

Boogiepop

I thought Infinity Gauntlet was good

Still need to read the last issue though

Infinity Gauntlet, Thors and Renew Your Vows are all good.

I LOVED Witch Hunter Angela, A-Force, Captain Marvel and the Carol Corps, Siege and where monsters dwell.

Thors is good as is Renew your vows, Civil War

Avoid Runaways at all costs.

Deadpool's Secret Wars, most of the Last Days stuff, Mighty Avengers.

Thanks for your help guys! Battleworld ok or nah?

The Comixology Marvel BOGO sale is super tempting but I don't have enough money to really take advantage of it. :\

Edit: Actually thinking about it, this isn't a good sale unless you are very smart about it.

Really? Two of the ANAD #1s for the price of one seems pretty good to me, seeing they've just come out.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Reading Star Wars Comics and listening to the film music is so great.

And fuck, Shattered Empire 1 is just awesome. Marvel kills it with those books.

Maybe the first three Harbinger trades + the first three Bloodshot trades + Harbinger Wars (crossover between the two). They are decent reads, plus it's the material Sony will be basing their movies on.

Edit: If that is too much content, I hear "The Valiant" is a good intro to the Valiant Universe (Can't say for sure, I haven't read that far yet).

Since the reboot XO is pretty consistently good and works well alone apart from volume 3.

The two light hearted books are brilliant, and reasonably light on continuity - Quantum and Woody and Archer and Armstrong.

The Valiant panel was great. It was a sales manager for Valiant kind of doing a quick intro to the main players of the universe. They had a sweet 5 volume 1s for $30 deal at the con, so I picked up

The Valiant
Archer and Armstrong
Divinity
X-O Manowar
Ninjak

And my Wife won a copy of Dead Drop and she got it signed by the artist Adam Gorham. This was my first non-pathetic-sized con and I was pretty astounded by all the merch and the artist alley. The only disappointment was the gaming tourneys were a disorganized mess.

Anyone on this?
I don't think you really NEED to follow that guide, it is a good reference though.

For example I did Hellboy 1-2, BPRD Plague of Frogs 1, Hellboy 3, BPRD PoF 2-3, Hellboy 4, Hellboy and The BPRD 1952, Hellboy 5-6, and now I'm on BPRD 1946. Never had any confusion during it.

The side stuff doesn't seem essential either. Hellboy and BPRD are the only ones you really ~need~ to read. Everything else is just to flesh out the universe more.

Messi

tumblr_ncs8y4wNzf1teaq0so1_250.gif

Read the final issue of Death Vigil and bought the trade. Amazing issue with a terrible finale. Not Seijic's faukt though. Here's to hoping for future graphic novel releases that continue the story.

Also, secret Identities was released in trade this week, so buy it!

I also bought Batman Beyond: Hush Beyond, Earth 2 volume five, and the Alias omnibus.

Gon be some gud readin

I stopped following bleach sometime during the aizen arc. I watched the final battle but that arc became fatiguing.

Wow, really? I was reading it for a good bit after that, but eventually just lost interest.

I actually prefer when they aren't quoted. At biggest they fill the screen width. They never increase the width of your screen.

I think you're the exception, in that case. Most people don't like to have their screen filled with a single, unsolicited massive image.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I end up humming the main theme every time one of the comics has the opening crawl.
I was humming Victory Celebration in Shattered Empire and the Throne Room Theme for Leia.

Man, Leia and Lando were great, too.
So excited for Chewbacca now.

I actually prefer when they aren't quoted. At biggest they fill the screen width. They never increase the width of your screen.
I have to admit, that while I quote them, I prefere them unquoted, too.

Squire

Banned
I have all of Ms. Marvel (2006-2010) in my Comixology basket. This might be a mistake.

I enjoyed that run quite a bit, but honestly? Get MU for a month or whatever.

You need more than just that anyway because that series spins out of Hoise of M and ties into Civil War, The Inititative, Secret Invasion, and Dark Reign/Dark Avengers.

You need more than just that anyway because that series spins out of Hoise of M and ties into Civil War, The Inititative, Secret Invasion, and Dark Reign/Dark Avengers.
You're probably right, but I'd rather not go back to MU until they up the image quality.

Hagi

CBR has an unlettered preview of ANAD Avengers #1. My interest is piqued.

This and Ultimates are the Avengers books for me. Looking forward to next month.

Probably a good shout on just reading them on MU though I'd really like to buy the trades at some point if they are even still available to purchase. Thinking back I did really enjoy this run much more than what Kelly Sue has done for Carol outside of the cool costume. I even remember liking Secret Invasion back in the day.

You're probably right, but I'd rather not go back to MU until they up the image quality.

Honestly, though, I wouldn't buy an entire run of a series you'll probably read once and then never again. I'd opt to read it in sub-HD if it would save some money.

Dark Reign was such a great time.

Dark Avengers, Thunderbolts, so good.

This and Ultimates are the Avengers books for me. Looking forward to next month.

Same. New Avengers didn't really click with me. Art was kind of cheesecake, but the fact they're putting Ms. Marvel in the main Avengers squad? Yesssssss.

Messi

Honestly, though, I wouldn't buy an entire run of a series you'll probably read once and then never again. I'd opt to read it in sub-HD if it would save some money.

Dark Avengers, Thunderbolts, so good.

Same. New Avengers didn't really click with me. Art was kind of cheesecake, but the fact they're putting Ms. Marvel in the main Avengers squad? Yesssssss.

I wish America had made it into this squad, if only to see Asrar draw her.

Hagi

Yeah both the Avengers issues so far have been kind of meh and I'm not overly keen on following both books monthly. Miles written by someone not Bendis is exciting to me and the fact that it's Waid makes it even better. The mix of old and young on the team should be interesting. I hope I'll end of liking Sam at some point during that book.

Ultimates could be shit and I'd still buy it for that Rocafort art.
I did that for Teen Titans for a while

They could and should relaunch Young Avengers and pop Kamala in there.

Kind of wish they had done that before putting her in the main avengers team

It makes more business sense to do it like this, though. Kamala is super popular, and Marvel, as always, wants to push their main Avengers book. It's win/win for Marvel.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Can I ask a question regarding ANAD Avengers?

Even while Stark seems to have still all his money in Iron Man... Why does he say that the Avengers dont have Stark funding anymore? Are we going to have multiple Iron Men?

Owzers

i keep getting calls from windows support asking do stuff. I can't read comics today guys, i have to go to this website.

Top Bottom