• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Sandfox

It sounds pretty weird and it says that Bucky is going to be prominently featured so I'm interested. Maybe this will be the catalyst for Civil War 2 : Electric Boogaloo.

I just realized that we have no idea what Bucky is up to post Secret Wars lol.

Owzers

So i open my dcbs shipment and i see a few extra promotional things added in, which i tend to casually browse. This month there was a Vertigo preview book, some weird Assassin's Creed comic preview, and........

Book of Death #1 of 4. I know they were mad at me for getting an exchange that smushed corner comic but this is no way to treat a customer.

So i open my dcbs shipment and i see a few extra promotional things added in, which i tend to casually browse. This month there was a Vertigo preview book, some weird Assassin's Creed comic preview, and........

Book of Death #1 of 4. I know they were mad at me for getting an exchange that smushed corner comic but this is no way to treat a customer.

It's good of them to use waste paper to pad your delivery, makes it better for the environment.

Hagi

I just realized that we have no idea what Bucky is up to post Secret Wars lol.

Yeah it's weird lol bring Brubaker back so we can get another awesome run of spy shit and nazi punching

I wish Mr. Snyder/Mr. Capullo permanently moved from Batman so I can drop it.

if you don't like it just drop it now, I mean thankfully they are going to be on it for a while longer it seems

PsychBat!

Banned
Heh, I'll read this. I'm already going to read all the ongoings mentioned there and I like Spencer. Shouldn't be too bad, for an event.

Hi, guys! 👋

Woah you're back

60AwQ3Y.gif

Hagi

You're amazing <3
image.php

right back at ya

funnily enough he's doing Millarworld signings next Saturday in Glasgow and I think I might partake. Quitely is also going to be signing stuff that day but at a different book store. I think I still have issue 1 of Batman and Robin sitting somewhere I could get him to sign.

So this reading list taught me that Hellboy Midnight Circus, House of the Living Dead, and Weird Tales, as well as Witchfinder are things that are in the universe. Are those all essential/good?

Also, how bad would it be to read Hellboy and the BPRD 1952 ahead of like all the Hell on Earth stuff? It's way down on the reading list, but the title sure makes it seem to be a prequel...

(Still need to pick up the stuff mention above+Hell on Earth, Abe Sapien, and Lobster Johnson for a "complete" collection of the universe)

You can read Hellboy and the BPRD independently of Hell on Earth. I think it's later on the reading list just because it started recently and is an ongoing.

I don't think that reading order is all that great, by the way. I think it changes the order of some of the reveals that would have been better if read chronologically by release date.

Boogiepop

You can read Hellboy and the BPRD independently of Hell on Earth. I think it's later on the reading list just because it started recently and is an ongoing.

I don't think that reading order is all that great, by the way. I think it changes the order of some of the reveals that would have been better if read chronologically by release date.

Okay, thanks! Is there an easy place to see a better list for the whole universe, then? (I'm sure I've broken it a little already anyway by reading through all of the Library Editions first, but oh well...)

Also, yay! The Chibi Robo game that I may or may not have purchased for the amiibo is actually pretty fun!

mreddie

Read all the ANAD previews.

Just eh, A-Force, Carnage, Spider-Man (Miles) are the only things of interest to me.

Iron Man was good but can anyone explain what the fuck happened in Old Man Logan?

Sandfox

Read all the ANAD previews.

Just eh, A-Force, Carnage, Spider-Man (Miles) are the only things of interest to me.

Iron Man was good but can anyone explain what the fuck happened in Old Man Logan?

IIRC At first he was in Manhattan alongside his old friends and trying to figure out if he deserved a second chance. Then there was a time jump to him waking up in the main universe post-Secret Wars deciding that he was ready to start over. I'm guessing the jump was to not spoil what what happens in other books since Logan probably won't be showing up in the main Secret Wars titles.

Batman & Robin #18 - #23: This was such a brilliant trade. The first silent issue followed by the five stages of grief were so perfect. I think the only thing holding this whole series for me is the fact that any momentum and direction seems to come from a source outside the series itself.

My girl picked up volumes 2 and 3 of Atomic Robo as well as Mouse Guard volume 2 and Legends of the Guard vol 1. She's reading AR 2 and is not impressed, guys. She says it's more boring without the time jumpy story telling of the first volume.

God help me if it doesn't get better. First Rat Queens. Now this. I gave her a sticking-out-good-series-during lulls speech. Can't tell if it took.

tim1138

Okay, thanks! Is there an easy place to see a better list for the whole universe, then? (I'm sure I've broken it a little already anyway by reading through all of the Library Editions first, but oh well...)

Also, yay! The Chibi Robo game that I may or may not have purchased for the amiibo is actually pretty fun!

I picked this up today as well, bummed it's not like the Gamecube game, but what can you do

VanWinkle

I hate tight hardcover bindings. It's more annoying to read than a trade paperback. But, on the other hand, they'll stay nice longer than a trade and eventually loosen a little bit.

Owzers

Doctor Strange #1 was enjoyable, i do like Bachalo's art which was what got me to pre-order, but i didn't like the ending, it reminded me too much of
Spiderverse which i was reading on MU, going through dimensions killing magic users, overpowered villain.
Random 7/10.

VanWinkle

I can't believe Joker Endgame is only $2 more than Batman Endgame on Amazon even though it includes everything in Batman Endgame AND all of the crossover issues. I'm so glad I found that out before buying Batman Endgame.

But I do hate the tight sewn/glued binding that DC does on their hardcovers. Are Marvel's regular hardcover (non-omnibus and non-OHC) bindings sewn and nice? I always hear about how great Marvel's omnibus bindings are but I don't know if it's the same for their normal hardcover volumes or not.

Top Bottom