• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

JI1B78v.png

Secret Wars 6 ended with someone standing up. That's pretty much the most action to happen in the whole series.

Vic fzzzrking Stephen.

Dinosaur's not 'til 4.

Which is weird, when you stop and think about how crazy prominent he's gotten since then. Before that he was only in one of the FCBD books.

Tho I guess it's not too surprising.

Doc Dino's face slew me.
My girl picked up volumes 2 and 3 of Atomic Robo as well as Mouse Guard volume 2 and Legends of the Guard vol 1. She's reading AR 2 and is not impressed, guys. She says it's more boring without the time jumpy story telling of the first volume.

God help me if it doesn't get better. First Rat Queens. Now this. I gave her a sticking-out-good-series-during lulls speech. Can't tell if it took.

Don't beat around the bush. Introduce her to mignolaverse and observe the reaction. Anything less than love and, well... i guess you'll have to become single again.

Today I picked up:

Batman Beyond #5
Midnighter #5
Captain America White #2
What If? Infinity Inhumans #1
What If? Infinity Thanos #1
Old Man Logan #5
Siege #4
Secret Wars #6
Invinicible Iron Man #1
All-New All-Different Marvel Point One #1
Avengers #0
Fantastic Four/Inhumans Atlantis Rising
All-New X-Men vol. 6 "The Ultimate Adventure"
Remender's Uncanny Avengers vol. 1

Haven't read any of it yet, been too busy playing Transformers Devastation, but I am very excited.

Haven't read any of it yet, been too busy playing Transformers Devastation, but I am very excited.

I feel like I'm the only person on the planet this game just isn't meshing with. It's not bad from a technical perspective, but I'm finding the level design to be pretty uninteresting, and it definitely hampered the experience for me.

Plowed through the rest of story mode today. I think I might be done at this point.

I still haven't beaten MGS5 yet. @_@
Haven't even bothered to play it.
I feel like I'm the only person on the planet this game just isn't meshing with. It's not bad from a technical perspective, but I'm finding the level design to be pretty uninteresting, and it definitely hampered the experience for me.

Plowed through the rest of story mode today. I think I might be done at this point.
Level design isn't the best, but everything else is hitting the proper cylinders for me. Then again I also played the fuck out of The Legend of Korra, so take from that what you will. I'm basically a stylish-action and Platinum junkie. Both separate, and together.

Deleted it after 20min. Same combo scheme for optimus, yellow car guy and red car guy with flamethrower? yeaaaah i'm out. Could see that the mechanics worked, but no interest in dumping 5-6 hours into levels that boring.

Deleted it after 20min. Same combo scheme for optimus, yellow car guy and red car guy with flamethrower? yeaaaah i'm out. Could see that the mechanics worked, but no interest in dumping 5-6 hours into levels that boring.

The combat is the only place I really had any fun. It was nice seeing all these characters again. But other than that, meh.

Harley Quinn 20 was alright. I thought it was one of the weaker issues.

Still need to catch up on Harley Quinn and Power Girl. I have all the issues so far but I've only read the first one.

Owzers

Hmmmm it's weird when reading two comics is the same as reading a large part of your dcbs shipment. Two down, five to go! And two of them i can't read yet because i'm behind ( Nameless #5) and wayyyyyy behind ( Hellboy in Hell). I did get Injection vol 1, Material vol 1, and Bitch Planet vol 1 to add to the shelf of things i don't read.

Hmmmm it's weird when reading two comics is the same as reading a large part of your dcbs shipment. Two down, five to go! And two of them i can't read yet because i'm behind ( Nameless #5) and wayyyyyy behind ( Hellboy in Hell). I did get Injection vol 1, Material vol 1, and Bitch Planet vol 1 to add to the shelf of things i don't read.
Should have bought them and sent them to me. That way you still get to buy comics and they don't go unread. Win win.

Also sort of on topic

Rumble piece I did for inktober. You people should read Rumble if you havent. A handful of us love it. Join us!

Owzers

Rumble is on that shelf...

Also, nice drawing. (i'm not sending you my vol 1 trades they will die with me)
edit: okay they might not die with me, i had to revise this because i think i already donated one that i read to the library at some point.

VanWinkle

MAN. Things are heating up in Planetary. Just read issue #12. Things are starting to come together.

What an awesome, awesome issue. Now time for bed and to continue tomorrow.

Messi

Trying to clear out all those Secret Wars tie ins from my backlog before I get sick of it and start deleting them because I've moved on to ANAD books. ANAD on hold for me for the moment.

Has this interview with Snyder and Capullo been posted? It confirms that Snyder and Batman have another DC project in the works, as rumours suggested. Capullo, however, describes it as a sideways move. It's not bigger than Batman in character terms, rather, it's going to be bigger in scope than what the team has achieved so far on Batman. The interview doesn't make it clear cut that Capullo will be returning to Batman either. I don't see Capullo doing two books at once.

Zombine

Banned

Hey man if I can find enjoyment in EDF I can probably find enjoyment in this.

You're not insane though dude, I get where you're coming from. It's wicked empty level design (time constraints, budgeting, etc.) and the gameplay videos make it look as if there is minimal variation to the attacks and I'm under the assumption that landing attacks doesn't give you that positive feedback. I'm all about sounds and hit markers and dings and whatnot; I find that just as important as anything else in a game where you're going to be doing a singular action for an extended period of time. If a game lacks that connection and the enemies react to your hits in an "empty" way, I know I sometimes question why I'm playing the game to begin with.

It's an issue I have with God of War. I never actually feel like I'm hitting anything.

Should have bought them and sent them to me. That way you still get to buy comics and they don't go unread. Win win.

Also sort of on topic

Rumble piece I did for inktober. You people should read Rumble if you havent. A handful of us love it. Join us!
Good chit ed

I'm going to make sure to get the tpb's, hearing more and more praise about it.
I got the first two or three issues when I first released... liked it a lot but just had waayy to many books at the time and dropped it

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Man, cant wait for Leia and Darth Vader after I finished this Star Wars Trade.

And man, do we seriously dont have a Han Solo Mini yet?

Has this interview with Snyder and Capullo been posted? It confirms that Snyder and Batman have another DC project in the works, as rumours suggested. Capullo, however, describes it as a sideways move. It's not bigger than Batman in character terms, rather, it's going to be bigger in scope than what the team has achieved so far on Batman. The interview doesn't make it clear cut that Capullo will be returning to Batman either. I don't see Capullo doing two books at once.

oh dear at capullo leaving batman would be a shame, they'll have to poach some damn good talent to replace him.

i'm down for whatever DC title they're on next, excited to find out what it is.

Started reading some x-factor by remender(sp?) And it's not bad but I'm not super enjoying it either. I don't know, I just don't get all the excitement and the crazy price for the book.

Postgrad day is hellboy day!

It's an issue I have with God of War. I never actually feel like I'm hitting anything.

Nah, the sense of impact is there thanks to the car finisher moves. Very nice weight to them, frozen frames on hit and all.

God of war, tho. Yeesh. Blades of chaos, outside of that sqsqtri combo, are almost always weightless. Doesn't help that they also tend to make most enemies meat sacks. Then in ascension they go and remove all the other permanent weapons...gods. Santa Monica plz, that's the one god damn design choice you absolutely shouldn't have lifted from NG3,

All dudes had to do was look at how NG2 did the kusarigama in 2008. sigh

Tizoc

You can change weapons once you gain access to the ark; the game is less about combo attacks and more about attacking and dodging enemy attacks.
I confess that I mainly use 1 attack chain with the weapon I have right now mainly because enemies deal big damage and the attack ends with a ramming attack finisher :p

I've put 10 hours so far and 10 more hours on the way as I play on Very Hard and aim to max out characters and get collectables.

Sad to hear you didn't like it, but it's GotY contender for me.
Mind you far as I've seen, Dark Souls and Bloodborne don't have fancy shmancy combo attacks and it's just attack and dodge :V

Sad to hear you didn't like it, but it's GotY contender for me.
Mind you far as I've seen, Dark Souls and Bloodborne don't have fancy shmancy combo attacks and it's just attack and dodge :V

Hey, its fine. I quit mostly due to level design and to having no attachment whatsoever to those characters, but its nice know that those loads of weapons i'd colleted would have some use. Not every game is for everybody and that's ok.

Always end up playing the souls games with the heaviest weapon i can carry while maintaining fast rolls, tho. Becomes a rhythmn/awareness game (unless you run into high poise enemies that never get stunned. fuck those guys >__>).

Tizoc

^Funnily enough I don't see how this game's linear stages are any different to a bunch of other games with linear stages outside of variety of the design and the area you'd be in :p
Hell as much as I'd love to play the UC games on PS4, I dread the 'combat arenas' @_@

You're not insane though dude, I get where you're coming from. It's wicked empty level design (time constraints, budgeting, etc.) and the gameplay videos make it look as if there is minimal variation to the attacks and I'm under the assumption that landing attacks doesn't give you that positive feedback. I'm all about sounds and hit markers and dings and whatnot; I find that just as important as anything else in a game where you're going to be doing a singular action for an extended period of time. If a game lacks that connection and the enemies react to your hits in an "empty" way, I know I sometimes question why I'm playing the game to begin with.

Define 'positive feedback', cuz the attack impacts of the game are pretty good and indicative.
The game does have 'dings and markers', you just need to keep an eye open for them and predict attacks, like so
dpptnj.gif

Keep in mind that Rocksteady and butt cream games offer a marker on enemies to indicate they can be countered, this game doesn't so you need to keep an eye open and sometimes random rolling does result in Witch Time/Prime Time.

Furthermore vehicle finishers on Normal and Easy show text to indicate you can do a finisher, whereas on Hard and higher it's the blue flash only that indicates it, and even then the game from the start tells you that if you see a blue flash, you can do a finisher :V

I also should start using this thing.
So I finished Commander difficulty, and it's bee-

oinvml.png

Wait, does this mean what I think it do-

rqhtoi.gif

Yes.

Hagi

I bought the Uncharted collection instead of Transformers after watching a quick look of the latter. It just doesn't interest me as much as something like Rising or Bayonetta does, it doesn't look as much fun as those I guess. Doesn't help that I have zero attachment to Transformers either I suppose.

All this talk of Atomic Robo and I didn't know that IDW has released a collection of the first few trades so that's getting bought.

Wow, the Star Wars comics knocked it out of the park this week. Lando and Vader were my favourites. After Lando, Marvel need to get Soule on a Star Wars ongoing. Loved his Han Greedo nod.

This Wild Hunt arc is the most depressing shit ever. HB can't catch a break. Thought they'd finally introduce a love interest, but then... yeah.

^Funnily enough I don't see how this game's linear stages are any different to a bunch of other games with linear stages outside of variety of the design and the area you'd be in :p
Hell as much as I'd love to play the UC games on PS4, I dread the 'combat arenas' @_@

Other games tend to look purdier :p
But yeah, i could never deal with uncharted. That series rubs me the wrong way something fierce. Which makes no sense whatsoever, since i've no problem with other corridor tps's.

Tizoc

I'm playing Persona 4 DAN and I have yet to play P4 Golden. Music's nice, rhythm tapping's simple, the dancing is atrocious and ridiculous, but I'm sticking to it cuz of the series' style.

This Wild Hunt arc is the most depressing shit ever. HB can't catch a break. Thought they'd finally introduce a love interest, but then... yeah.

Other games tend to look purdier :p
But yeah, i could never deal with uncharted. That series rubs me the wrong way something fierce. Which makes no sense whatsoever, since i've no problem with other corridor tps's.

That's what I wrote, I just worded it differently :V

All this talk of Atomic Robo and I didn't know that IDW has released a collection of the first few trades so that's getting bought.

IDW publishes Atomic Robo now? What happened to Red 5 comics?

Zombine

Banned
I'm playing Persona 4 DAN and I have yet to play P4 Golden. Music's nice, rhythm tapping's simple, the dancing is atrocious and ridiculous, but I'm sticking to it cuz of the series' style.

That's what I wrote, I just worded it differently :V

Looooove DAN. The scratching is awful though.

Double Feature of Evil is the kind of thing that Corben should do all the time.

Oh yeah, Dark Souls III?
Plays great.

All i care about is greater enemy variety, a more interconnected world, and making backstabs viable again. Claymores are made for backstabbing, god damn it.

What if we are all dead and this is purgatory and we just don't know it yet.

Fuck this shit.

What if this is hell, and you can't escape it until you determine your time of escape?

Zombine

Banned
Double Feature of Evil is the kind of thing that Corben should do all the time.

All i care about is greater enemy variety, a more interconnected world, and making backstabs viable again. Claymores are made for backstabbing, god damn it.

I thought it played like Dark Souls 1 with a really decent frame rate. Back stabs worked fairly well IMO.

8 flasks in the short demo was kinda lulworthy though. I'm probably going to play again today.

Hagi

The creators let the license expire and now IDW handles physical releases while everything is online for free as web comics. Pretty interesting way to go.

Dark Souls 3 is looking pretty cool I was kinda mixed on Bloodborne, I need that medieval fantasy and plethora of weapons and armor. Sounds like you are having fun at NYCC Zombine.

Top Bottom