• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord is being taken offline on September 6, purchases refunded

lordrand11

when u make shit f2p no1 wanna touch it with a stick anyways(maybe few weirdos will but thats it;p)
The game wasn't F2P, that was the issue. Don't make a live service game like this and then charge for it. Destiny has been the exception and even that shit got old quickly.

Last edited:
Be a lot of interesting discussions at Sony, Helldivers 2 insane success would of brought them 6months of joy and hope from the restructure from Japan to West (RIP Studio Japan) and now this.
I dont even really care to reflect on this games political agendas, console manufacturers need hits and Sony needs to keep a ahead of Microsoft.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Commenty from yt: I have fruit in my fridge that out lived Concord.

:messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Concord did not outlive the Lettuce.

You Got Me Lol GIF by BrownSugarApp

Jaybe

tG7XBHY.png

Wasn't he in the Era mod's "secret" Discord?

“A four-act stage play”? No, but perhaps Concord The Musical. The game was already Producers like, though instead of Springtime for Hitler, it used DEI overloaded characters. The perfect musical for our times and guaranteed to sell more tickets than the game sold copies.

ReyBrujo

Gold Member
Geez, gotta choose between The Lost Child for Switch or Concord for PS5... I wonder which one will hold the most collectible value in the future...

DtuAYng.png

hinch7

This comes to mind

With this going down as one of the biggest failures in video games history. This should be a hard lesson for VG companies in the west to actually listen to what people, and actual audience (customers) wants.

Edit - And I'm not even talking strictly obtuse DEI, but also the inane attempt to push souless live service titles by mega corps.

Last edited:
tG7XBHY.png

Wasn't he in the Era mod's "secret" Discord?
Yeah, guy was and is a loon.

Developers, publishers, platform holders and investors; "Here is what we are doing and why, watch our public presentation! Just so you won't miss it, we'll be really in your face about it and repeat it countless time too! This is a good thing and you should like it!" (In this case referring to DEI, aka 'wokeness')
02.jpg
Pic from here, from Sony, includes gems like the unironic use of the word 'Latinx.'
*product does horribly and is unappealing*
Mongoloids after; "Wow, the disgusting players didn't like the product and made up a baseless conspiracy to claim to know the motives behind the actions of the developers, publishers, platform holders and investors! They are so dumb too for their conspiracies with no known public evidence!"

Anyone playing dumb like this and gaslighting can go and eat lead paint, imagine trying to hold up a narrative for you and the other 10 Concord fans. Beyond sad. Jason Schreier fits this bill 100% as well.

Last edited:

Kagero

Gold Member
I was able to snag the last copy from Amazon before it got yanked mwahahahahaha. Am I a part of the problem?

EGwlPbk.png

Saw this earlier and it made me laugh. The amount of people that think this game failed because of the "anti-woke" folks is crazy to me. A AAA game doesn't fail because of one single group. It would be different if the game sold 1M copies because then you can point to a loud minority but Concord has failed because NOBODY bought it which includes the same mentally ill people that constantly defend the game blindly.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
What Daniel Ahmad is really saying is that the theory of evolution and the billions of years of selective pressures that programmed certain preferences into human psychology is a "conspiracy focused narrative."

Arguing with him is no different that arguing with creationists who think the earth is 6,000 years old.

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
EGwlPbk.png

Saw this earlier and it made me laugh. The amount of people that think this game failed because of the "anti-woke" folks is crazy to me. A AAA game doesn't fail because of one single group. It would be different if the game sold 1M copies because then you can point to a loud minority but Concord has failed because NOBODY bought it which includes the same mentally ill people that constantly defend the game blindly.

Of course they would think like that.
For people like these, it's never their own fault, because that would mean their ideology would be wrong.
So they always have to blame other people.

Branded

EGwlPbk.png

That's satire/rage bait btw.

Steam Discussion is full of that sort of stuff to bait people into using a Steam Points on their posts.

Ultros

Banned
This is so dumb. Just because our opinions are different that automatically means I am a right winger trumper. Can't even express opinions without offending the snowflakes. Society is so soft these days. The game failed because it was bad all the way around in an overly saturated market.
What the fuck is a chud?

Warspite

Neo Member

Any way of finding out if they actually played the game they seem to love so much? :messenger_confused:

KINGMOKU

“A four-act stage play”? No, but perhaps Concord The Musical. The game was already Producers like, though instead of Springtime for Hitler, it used DEI overloaded characters. The perfect musical for our times and guaranteed to sell more tickets than the game sold copies.
I don't like being mean, for the sake of being mean, but that guy is just an idiot. Calling other people grifters, when he is dismissing what is actually happening in corporate America, is the height of willful ignorance.

Just a clown.

Last edited:
Of course they would think like that.
For people like these, it's never their own fault, because that would mean their ideology would be wrong.
So they always have to blame other people.
Unfortunately technology has made echo chambers all the more prevalent. Unfortunately the loudest get the most attention (this goes for both sides, while I find the woke people more annoying overall both sides are obnoxious).
That's satire/rage bait btw.

Steam Discussion is full of that sort of stuff to bait people into using a Steam Points on their posts.
I actually found it on /v/ and found it funny.
Any way of finding out if they actually played the game they seem to love so much? :messenger_confused:
I mean I'm sure you could check the steam profile?

Esppiral

That was quick. Is this now officially the biggest flop in the history of video games? I think destruction all starts survived more, but probably cost fraction of concord. They wanted another Helldivers 2 and ended up with total flop. It happens, but this speed of action means that literally no one played this game.
This is ET levels of catastrophe, they should bury this game in some random desert.

Saber

The game wasn't F2P, that was the issue.

No it's not lol
The game has a multitude of issues. If the paid portion was the problem, the same would happen to Helldivers. Helldivers bought interesting things and it wasn't a disaster in terms of presentation and concept designs. Also the game had a free beta, almost no one appeared.
Seriously, people should give up with this low effort thinking that money was the issue.

Easy reskin;
PlayStationAllStars.jpg

Playstation AllStars Battle Royale 2.

Totally a interesting thing that I would be willing to give a try.
The main issue is, now we're dealing with modern Sony. So, alot of things would be tuned for modern audiences, Fat princess would not be a thing, no attractive female characters in the roster, etc.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
Using the price as an excuse is stupid. There are loads of GAAS paid, not to mention the BETA was not paid and was a disaster as well.

Ogbert

Gold Member
Geez, gotta choose between The Lost Child for Switch or Concord for PS5... I wonder which one will hold the most collectible value in the future...

DtuAYng.png
Managed to get a standard copy this morning at rrp.

Most sold out.

Will forget about it for 30 years and then see what the value is. Should be a good collectors item.

clem84

Gold Member
If they're pulling it so early, it has to be to work on it and try to salvage what they can from it, and not let all that dev time go down the drain. If they just wanted to completely abandon the game, they would have kept it active for a few weeks/months until it was completely dead. That would be my guess.

If they're pulling it so early, it has to be to work on it and try to salvage what they can from it, and not let all that dev time go down the drain. If they just wanted to completely abandon the game, they would have kept it active for a few weeks/months until it was completely dead. That would be my guess.
the free beta had less players on PS.

this shit so dead

Top Bottom