• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord is being taken offline on September 6, purchases refunded

zokie

I saw Inside Out 2 yesterday and while it had a good message for teenagers, it was a pretty mid film as a whole. The thing that jumped out is that the main girl is at Hockey camp and all the other players are minorities. One had a hijab on. That's fine, it is what it is, but it's freaking HOCKEY. It's just so dumb how artificial and forced DEI is. Even my gay brother who pays 5 figures a year to be a Disney Vacation Club member notices it and complains about it. It's all just done in bad taste and is distracting. All these DEI things can be accomplished with good stories and characters.

Burger King Kids Club for instance.
vNaTAxF.jpeg
Thank you for the this, if sony published this BK Kid Club game i will definitely buy and play it , it can be either be singer player or MMO or Hybrid

Edit : 41 pages and i love reading some comments
thank you all for the laughter as my mood is not good recently

Last edited:

hinch7

They would have to throw away that terrible character sheet, and put in all best characters from all the precious sony ip's, change title too, we talking kratos, astrobot, ellie, joel, nathan drake etc
Thats few years of work so another 100m usd invested, maybe 200m even, doubt they will do it.
And even then market for 5vs5 arena shooters is super saturated so game wouldnt be major hit, but maybe it wouldnt flop but break even?
Nah, better nip it in the bud. Absolute waste of time and resources.

Hrk69

Gold Member
What about people who bought on G2a and similiar sites? Rip 40€
Well, that's what you get from pre-ordering

Obviously there are people who bought it after release and they should pay more attention to the scores games get

Last edited:

PeteBull

Gold Member
For the ones that dont know how to speak "retardera" i traslate: "Thers a discussion to be had about why Concord failed, but if we dont agree with your opinion, and your are not part of our echo chamber, you will be perma banned. Now lets all discuss by saying the same thing."
U can tell the only difference between rainbow forum and nazi germany is- forum doesnt have same amount of power, worldview wise, pretty similar, racist af and 0% tolerance for other opinions/believes.

Create a roster of Playstation-branded characters:
  • Kratos
  • Nathan Drake
  • Bloodborne Hunter
  • Gran Turismo driver
  • Jak
  • Some Destiny character
  • Joel & Ellie
  • Ape Escape monkey
  • Aloy
  • Ratchet
  • Killzone badguy
  • Dude from Ghost of Tsushima
  • Higgs from Death Stranding
  • Vip Ribbon bunny
  • Spider-Man / Venom
  • ETCETERA
You forgot the most important one: Eve, she will increase player numbers for sure.

hemo memo

Gold Member
To give you a perspective of how colossal is this failure.

Development budget - $150 million
Marketing budget - $50 million
Development time - 8 years
Total sales - zero units sold
Total gross minus budgets - negative $200 million
I honestly can’t think of a bigger gaming launch disaster similar to this scale.

8 years, they could’ve assist other devs, they could’ve made a small project that surely made more profit than this.

blue velvet

I just love how dismissive these people are. I'm not sure if it's some sort of coping mechanism for them or what. The character design is one of the main reason why this game is a massive flop. It looks like the shit you see on tumblr circa 2014. Effeminate and unlikable characters marketed towards unhinged progressive people on twitter and reddit who don't even buy videogames but whine 24/7 on the internet. That's pretty much the modern audience they're referring to.

ikbalCO

Hopefully it is a lesson learned for Sony when it comes to developing a game with a goofy beta male and stoic girl boss centirc characters/character designs.

its overdone
its boring
its stupid

tommib

Btw, this is infuriating:

WTF, 2 months for a simple refund when all online stores do it pretty much instantly?
That caught my eye as well and it follows the PSN experience I had with Cyberpunk when they were granting refunds. I could play the game for like a month until they refunded me. The difference here is that servers will be down this week.

kyussman

I made a comment earlier about how much money Sony were going to loose in this GAAS push and was told it's ok because HD2 was a big success,apparently it's ok if a whole bunch of these GAAS titles fail hard because one or two can make up for their failure.......and fuck the customers who invested money and time in these failed games I guess,that seeems like a pretty shitty strategy to me tbh.

Shubh_C63

crazy how fast they can just give up on a game
As far as Sony decision goes wherever Concord was concerned for the past 8 years, this was the first good decision they made.
Didn't even gave the dog a ride to the farm, just straight up shotgunned it lol

Cyberpunkd

Another jewel from Twitter crowd:
absolutely hate knowing this will undoubtedly come with a swing of the axe on people's jobs, all to protect a handful of money people who forced bad decisions and poor market reads onto a dev team who knew better
You see who worked a single day in their lives, because C-Level/Suit/Execs probably saw it from a mile away, it's always the developers that cannot look critically at their work. As Schreier mentioned once: "the most predatory MTX ideas came always from the dev side".

BlackTron

Ok which one of you guys predicted a refund.

I know there were a bunch of you.

I admit I didn’t see it. I guess Sony will do an RA (return authorization) for store copies too. I don’t see how they purposely make Walmarts and best buys get stuck with the disc.

If someone bought the disc, do they get a refund too?

Sony should just refund everyone who bought the game and go F2P. Not that going F2P will "save" it but no one should have to face paying for this game, even its biggest "supporters" who won't even be able to find a match soon.

Admittedly I said they should, not that they will. There was just no way with the $40 tag and they couldn't take it away so soon without screwing everyone who paid already. Didn't think they would take the whole game while they're at it though, but good on them.

That's why you never buy a game from a key site unless you know 100% that you're gonna love it and not potentially want a refund. Once you activate that key g2a cleans it's hands.

I was gonna say "Damn, key sellers are gonna make bank since they won't refund people but still get their money back.", but once again I realized that there's like 20 people lmao.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Part of what I hate about these fucking loonies, is that I'm not right wing. Far from it, but they act like anyone who doesn't align with their narrow perspective is automatically right wing. They've warped the idea of progressive sooo fucking much, that they don't see that they've become what they claim to hate. God I hate these fucking people.
How about people outside US politics who don’t even know or care about this left wing right wing discussion and simply stating their opinions?

Power Pro

How about people outside US politics who don’t even know or care about this left wing right wing discussion and simply stating their opinions?
I imagine the mindset is that the world should care about the concerns of persecuted groups, which would be an admirable goal if they actually focused on things that matter. They assume every one who disagrees with them is a Trump supporter, or that everything in the world is his fault. I think Trump is a scumbag also, but I'm not gonna blame every problem on him like these idiots. By comparing everything to US's problems, they're showing how little they know about the world.

I wish I could just tell these idiots to stop worrying about different races or LGBT not feeling represented in stupid media, and maybe care more about people facing real persecution around the world. Stop alienating people who might be on your side if you didn't keep calling them Nazis if they don't care about pronouns, or like looking at attractive people. It's human nature to like looking at beauty and beautiful people. hey have a very "you're with us or against us on everything" mentality.

Majukun

aren't those still steam codes?
my guess is that steam in that case will issue the refund

also if you buy from there, you ain't buying for full price

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
aren't those still steam codes?
my guess is that steam in that case will issue the refund

also if you buy from there, you ain't buying for full price
Steam never refunds re-seller keys. You made the purchase on a re-seller, not on Steam, so if they'd refund yoyu they'd be losing money.

clarky

Gold Member
To give you a perspective of how colossal is this failure.

Development budget - $150 million
Marketing budget - $50 million
Development time - 8 years
Total sales - zero units sold
Total gross minus budgets - negative $200 million

On the other hand, Black Myth Wukong is doing wonder.

Development budget - $50 million
Marketing budget - $5-10 million
Development time - 4 years
Total sales - 10 million units in 3 days
Total gross minus budgets - $400 million
Got a source for those numbers champ, other than your arse?

Puskas

”Modern audiences” don’t play video games, they only bitch about them on X and on other progressive shitholes of the internet.

These clowns need to be ignored, just like they themselves ignored Concord and Dustborn.

I sincerely hope that the massive fucking failure that is Concord ends up being a genuine wake up call for Sony, as well other developers & publishers.

Last edited:

simpatico

Gold Member
This is one of those stories and tales that is so big that even some worm like Schreier will never get the full picture from a few select interviews. And it sucks because there’s no one out there really right now that could.

You think the industry overall trusts that guy? Hell no. You think they see that dude as some final bastion of game “journalism”? And yet who else is there?

This is another one for the books that’ll never get cracked open until years and years from now. If ever.
It takes more than an article to tell the story of Concord. It's been brewing since GG. Pendulum moment perhaps. It simmered at almost the exact same rate as people's tolerance for slop games and it just made for the most amazing bomba when their paths converged. The crazy thing is we could actually see a AAA flop sweep this year. Concord, Outlaws, Shadows and Dragon Age. Hard to call Outlaws a flop, but if it's bringing in 50% of projections... I see all of them under performing at a minimum.
UBI stock has dropped from 95 euro to 15.50 since 2018. And look how far they've dropped since covid years when lots of tech stocks went up and retained all or most of it. They went from 85 euro to 15.50.

If this hasnt taught them anything, nothing will.

s9sZ7HC.jpeg
I’m significantly shorter on them. There is a lot of room to go. Ubi’s failings are going to pay for my vacation next year.

Even Foamstars is still alive and kickin. I mean you can find a match with up to 5 or whatever minutes waiting time, which is like it always was. Pulling the plug entirely, for now, for some late reset or whatever their panic plan is now, is even more drastic than pulling Cyberpunk, which was an unplayable fraud on last gen.

Last edited:

PeteBull

Gold Member
Even Foamstars is still alive and kickin. I mean you can find a match with up to 5 or whatever minutes waiting time, which is like it always was. Pulling the plug entirely, for now, for some late reset or whatever they panic plan is now, is even more drastic than doing pulling Cyberpunk, which was an unplayable fraud on last gen.
it was terrible on xbox one and base ps4, on ps4pr0 and xbox one x it was substantially better altho far from perfect, especially in cpu heavy areas :)

this game really made strong case for solid cpu inside next gen consoles

Edit: just confirmed, on base xbox one cp2077 had drs that could dip even to 675p ;D

Last edited:

tommib

it was terrible on xbox one and base ps4, on ps4pr0 and xbox one x it was substantially better altho far from perfect, especially in cpu heavy areas :)

this game really made strong case for solid cpu inside next gen consoles

The biggest difference with Cyberpunk on my PS4 Pro was to run on it from an external SSD via USB. The PS4 hard drive just couldn’t handle that game. It was a major difference to see it running from an external drive.

Cyberpunk made the case for SSDs more than anything.

Lord Thunderbear

Neo Member
It had all the cards to be a failure, but i didn't expect it to be closed that fast.
The thread tag is the only thing Live this game has got. Maybe it should be changed into "Dead", lest people are misled.

There's no salvaging this. Sony will quietly write it off like EA did with anthem. The dogshit characters are integral to their whole service plans, right down to the FMV story drops every other week.

I made a comment earlier about how much money Sony were going to loose in this GAAS push and was told it's ok because HD2 was a big success,apparently it's ok if a whole bunch of these GAAS titles fail hard because one or two can make up for their failure.......and fuck the customers who invested money and time in these failed games I guess,that seeems like a pretty shitty strategy to me tbh.

Helldivers succeeded as a normal 'boxed' product, it's failed as a services game.

Seeing similar talking points as Zhuge from Schierer and others (below), must’ve been told what the coordinated message is from their superiors… they just can’t stand the anti-DEI crowd taking the W

fauKbXE.jpeg

This is so dumb. Just because our opinions are different that automatically means I am a right winger trumper. Can't even express opinions without offending the snowflakes. Society is so soft these days. The game failed because it was bad all the way around in an overly saturated market.

This is so dumb. Just because our opinions are different that automatically means I am a right winger trumper. Can't even express opinions without offending the snowflakes. Society is so soft these days. The game failed because it was bad all the way around in an overly saturated market.
These folks just cannot realize that the game failed exactly due to the reasons they do not allow to say. Nobody wanted to play those ugly characters. Nobody gave a shit about pronouns. Just like in reality - nobody cares.

Last edited:
Top Bottom