• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord - Reviews Thread (PS5/PC)

simpatico

Gold Member
For 8 years, a bunch of people have been walking around with this game in their heads. Talking about it with friends and family for 8 Thanksgivings. Hell this might have begun in the Obama administration depending on when they start counting. Imagining what they expected to be some huge response. Internally I bet it played well. Mechanically the game looks fine, so if you have a bias to loving the characters, I bet they thought they were going viral for good reasons. Confident even. "This is what the people want. These characters will be cosplayed for decades." Maybe it was just bad wording, but I read in one article that they built Firewalk a brand new office. I mean the cost for Sony having bought the studio and then paid for the rest of the development must be massive. They won't even recoup the launch advertising budget. Let alone the dev budget and what they paid for the studio itself. At least they can sell the building I guess. Do you keep the studio open? If so, is it awkward at Christmas parties? If Sony decides to cut the snack budget for first party studios to save money, everyone is gonna be looking at them with the side eye.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Couldn't beat Hellblade 2's numbers on launch day.

jon stewart smh GIF
Or review score either.

Banjo64

cumsessed
If Sony don’t fire this studio out of a cannon and publicly humiliate them then the Sony we all fell in love with for making Kratos fuelled sex games is well and truly dead.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
gotdangit......mods need to unban Men_in_Boxes Men_in_Boxes . He has got to have hurricane levels of spin ready to be unleashed.

Climate Change Florida GIF by GIPHY News
aw man I didn’t realize he was banned.

Last time I talked to him, he told me that Team Fortress 2 also had ugly character designs and yet it was a big success. Therefore the ugly characters in Concord must not be what’s turning people off of the game.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
For 8 years, a bunch of people have been walking around with this game in their heads. Talking about it with friends and family for 8 Thanksgivings. Hell this might have begun in the Obama administration depending on when they start counting. Imagining what they expected to be some huge response. Internally I bet it played well. Mechanically the game looks fine, so if you have a bias to loving the characters, I bet they thought they were going viral for good reasons. Confident even. "This is what the people want. These characters will be cosplayed for decades." Maybe it was just bad wording, but I read in one article that they built Firewalk a brand new office. I mean the cost for Sony having bought the studio and then paid for the rest of the development must be massive. They won't even recoup the launch advertising budget. Let alone the dev budget and what they paid for the studio itself. At least they can sell the building I guess. Do you keep the studio open? If so, is it awkward at Christmas parties? If Sony decides to cut the snack budget for first party studios to save money, everyone is gonna be looking at them with the side eye.

I really thought they would delay it til next year and rework it as a f2p game after the beta garnered no interest. Everyone working on this game and all their bosses knew this was gonna flop after the beta, yet still pushed this out. To what end? A giant tax write off?

We’ll see what lessons they learned here when Fairgame$ comes around which seems to be Payday for modern audiences.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Steam right now is in the 600s. Hasnt broken 700. But it's still friday dinner time and the weekend is coming tomorrow. So it should break a couple 1000 at least when people log on? 5000 is probably a stretch. But I could see 2000-3000 on a Saturday afternoon. Who knows.

Last edited:
Top Bottom