• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord | State of Play Reveal Trailer

Jesus, y’all are just some bitter cunts. 😄
It's frustrating because Sony are going in on GAAS, but not making anything original. This is just an Overwatch clone. it looks shit.

If Sony were to try and make an original live service game, then I don't think we would be such 'bitter cunts'. They have Killzone, Warhawk, Twisted Metal, Wipeout, SOCOM, Resistance and probably loads more IPs that they could make a great live service game from but no, they want to focus in on the quirky looking character bullshit with hero powers. Sorry, but that shit ain't gonna fly.

Kacho

Gold Member
YOU WILL CONSUME THE DEI LIVE SERVICE PVP SLOP, AND YOU WILL LIKE IT!!!
200w.gif

Oppoi

"In the Oasis you can be anyone! You can be her! ... or her! Some even chose to be him... or, uh... that guy..."

Mikey Jr.

ANOTHER one of these?!?

Jesus it never ends. Didn't we get a marvel one? And valve is releasing their own too aren't they?

And I heard this is a paid product. Not sure if that one is true.

Xyphie

Maybe this is actually the first AI-generated video game. I can see the prompt:

"I want you to create a video game kinda like Overwatch or Valorant, but set in space and a bit more cool and mature while still maintaining a Teen rating -- think Marvel Cinematic Universe. The game should embody a modern spirit of diversity and inclusion with a focus minority and sexually-diverse characters. The game should have ample opportunity to monetize it through character customization like skins and cool emotes like "Flippin' the bird".

skit_data

Gold Member
This was a disspointment honestly. Was hoping for something more original but its Guardians of the Galaxy merged with Overwatch which feels as potent as Joe Bidens dick

Kacho

Gold Member
Be sure to give this a thumbs down on YouTube.

All those devs laid off from nd, ssm, gg and other talented studios to serve this pile of shit.
Surely Sony did their research and have data showing that there is an army of zoomers eager to eat this up. This game perfectly encapsulates modern gaming.

mdkirby

🤮

Interesting setting and theme, even like the characters, even if it just looks like a total rip off of guardians of the galaxy…then they show gameplay and it’s just a rough looking clone of overwatch

Hard pass

yurinka

The visuals, gameplay, top tier cutscenes, acting, music, world buildging, idea of including a narrative cutscene every week, setting, theme, mechanics variety and mechanics innovation, etc. look great and seems fun and to have a lot of depth.

I'm sure that there will be a ton of people who will love it, specially considering the pedigree it has behind, but isn't a game for me, I'm not a MP FPS guy, even less a hero/arena shooters guy. If doesn't have a meaty single player/coop campaign -apparently is MP only- I'll pass.

And well, regarding character design I think they did a great job with character variety with shapes, colors and types, but as usual recently they spent a lot of effort filling woke tokenism checklists of ugly and unappealing characters to the point that there wasn't space left to make characters appealing for me, the average PlayStation player (white heterosexual European guy).

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Sega cancelled Hyenas because even they knew this shit was already too saturated.

Im even more confident now that Jade Raymonds game is never coming out.
Cuz when this fails Sony is gonna double take what Haven Studios is making and think......maybe not.

So we have Guardians of the galaxy if you order them from Wish placed in a carbon copy of Overwatch's gameplay style, down to the sound effects and all that years after overwatch was actually popular.

If this isn't gonna bomb hard then I'm really out of touch.

Last edited:
Top Bottom