• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Argentina 2011 |OT| South America is Best America

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, what a crock of shit of a team

Works on paper, but football doesn't work like that

I laughed a lot at Neymala, the biggest douchebag in brazilian football, trying to dribble everytime, succeeding never. Worst diver than fake Ronaldo. I fucking hate him and his face.

Ok, I'm calm. This team is very young and it's clearly not capable to deal with the pressure of playing for Brasil. Maybe few years from now.

Ganso slept the whole game, woke up to make two assists.

Everybody cursed Mano for bringing Fred and Jadson! Football is a funny thing.

DominoKid said:
bring back Dunga plz.
yeah, the only reason he left was because the brazilian equivalent of fox news kept trying to portray him as a dipshit. he was a much better coach than mano. this brazil team has been playing like shit and should've lost today.

Submarino Conversível said:
Wow, what a crock of shit of a team

Works on paper, but football doesn't work like that

I laughed a lot at Neymala, the biggest douchebag in brazilian football, trying to dribble everytime, succeeding never. Worst diver than fake Ronaldo. I fucking hate him and his face.

Ok, I'm calm. This team is very young and it's clearly not capable to deal with the pressure of playing for Brasil. Maybe few years from now.

Ganso slept the whole game, woke up to make two assists.

Everybody cursed Mano for bringing Fred and Jadson! Football is a funny thing.
Agreed on every aspect. But the problem, in my opinion, is Mano. He is not capable of making the team work well together. It seems nobody knows what to do in the field.

Larissa Riquelme has a new rival!

02loira.jpg

01loira.jpg

03loira.jpg

04loira.jpg

Fady K

My God Argentina and Brazil have been dreadful, they are simply not playing like a team. No one seems to have a clue. I didn't like Dunga's management much but damn is it looking good now. Heck, I even enjoyed Maradona's coaching more than Batista. These teams should be playing a lot better.

As much as I love Brazil, they got damn lucky with that equalizer in the last minute. The games have been a bore and painful at times to watch...I can't believe I'm worried about ARG and BRA making it to the second round...

dschalter

Fady K said:
My God Argentina and Brazil have been dreadful, they are simply not playing like a team. No one seems to have a clue. I didn't like Dunga's management much but damn is it looking good now. Heck, I even enjoyed Maradona's coaching more than Batista. These teams should be playing a lot better.

As much as I love Brazil, they got damn lucky with that equalizer in the last minute. The games have been a bore and painful at times to watch...I can't believe I'm worried about ARG and BRA making it to the second round...

paraguay was pretty lucky to get two goals, the two teams were quite evenly matched i would say, which is ridiculous given that brazil is brazil and paraguay is paraguay.

i think the biggest tactical problem with brazil's current setup is their overreliance on the 10 to create. if he is marked tightly and harried enough, their attack basically collapses and the forwards just don't do much. pato and neymar are both extremely talented, but they don't have the strength or the vision to hold up play and/or lead effective attacks. ganso is very talented, but, especially given that he isn't 100% he is being asked to do too much.

also, as odd as it sounds, i think robinho was missed. obviously was mediocre in the first game and couldn't hit an open net if his life depended on it, but he moves well and has fairly good positional awareness.

Massa

Green Biker Dude said:
yeah, the only reason he left was because the brazilian equivalent of fox news kept trying to portray him as a dipshit. he was a much better coach than mano. this brazil team has been playing like shit and should've lost today.

He was destroyed in the press for not calling Neymar. Now everyone wants Neymar's head.

Socreges

Banned
Larissa Riquelme has a new rival!

http://wp.clicrbs.com.br/clubedabolinha/files/2011/07/02loira.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://wp.clicrbs.com.br/clubedabolinha/files/2011/07/01loira.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://wp.clicrbs.com.br/clubedabolinha/files/2011/07/03loira.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://wp.clicrbs.com.br/clubedabolinha/files/2011/07/04loira.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]MUST GET CONTRACT WITH TIGO

Fady K

dschalter said:
paraguay was pretty lucky to get two goals, the two teams were quite evenly matched i would say, which is ridiculous given that brazil is brazil and paraguay is paraguay.

i think the biggest tactical problem with brazil's current setup is their overreliance on the 10 to create. if he is marked tightly and harried enough, their attack basically collapses and the forwards just don't do much. pato and neymar are both extremely talented, but they don't have the strength or the vision to hold up play and/or lead effective attacks. ganso is very talented, but, especially given that he isn't 100% he is being asked to do too much.

also, as odd as it sounds, i think robinho was missed. obviously was mediocre in the first game and couldn't hit an open net if his life depended on it, but he moves well and has fairly good positional awareness.

Some good points there, and I think the lack of vision is definitely one thing I felt too. Pato had some flair in him I felt, but his team did not provide him with the ball much. And as much as I'm not into Robinho much these days, I would have liked him to come into the game as well. I also don't understand why David Luiz isn't being used? What about Kaka or, maybe, Ronaldinhio? Any idea why these guys are not being used at all? I also wondered where Adriano was...

dschalter

Fady K said:
Some good points there, and I think the lack of vision is definitely one thing I felt too. Pato had some flair in him I felt, but his team did not provide him with the ball much. And as much as I'm not into Robinho much these days, I would have liked him to come into the game as well. I also don't understand why David Luiz isn't being used? What about Kaka or, maybe, Ronaldinhio? Any idea why these guys are not being used at all? I also wondered where Adriano was...

well, even though some of his talents are sorely missed, ronaldinho is over the hill and out of shape (though he has done well recently in brazil). kaka is not quite the same, but he has had severe injury problems and this squad is generally a young one (preparing for the WC is crucial).

as for pato, his mediocre performance was i would say about half his fault and half the midfield's. on one hand, he got very little service, on the other hand, his work rate (as is usual) was quite low and he wasn't really putting himself into the positions where he would be able to receive the ball and work with it effectively. even when he did have it he looked hesitant (sending a looping cross to neymar instead of trying to beat his man at the edge of the area was a good example of his lack of effort i would say).

as for luiz, the team has an incredible wealth of options for back 4 players... in theory at least (lol at today's "defending")

Fady K

dschalter said:
well, even though some of his talents are sorely missed, ronaldinho is over the hill and out of shape (though he has done well recently in brazil). kaka is not quite the same, but he has had severe injury problems and this squad is generally a young one (preparing for the WC is crucial).

as for pato, his mediocre performance was i would say about half his fault and half the midfield's. on one hand, he got very little service, on the other hand, his work rate (as is usual) was quite low and he wasn't really putting himself into the positions where he would be able to receive the ball and work with it effectively. even when he did have it he looked hesitant (sending a looping cross to neymar instead of trying to beat his man at the edge of the area was a good example of his lack of effort i would say).

as for luiz, the team has an incredible wealth of options for back 4 players... in theory at least (lol at today's "defending")

By the way, watching the replays again, I like Brazil's second goal quite a bit. The swift passing was well done for a change. And JUST in time my goodness.

I do wish Ronaldinhio had a chance because like you said - he did well in Brazil recently. Shame about Kaka's injury, as he is still a decent player IMO. The Brazil team today had a problem similar to what you described for Pato in my opinion - they simply weren't working hard enough and getting into positions where they can convert their chances. Neymar was the big disappointment though. The attacking, the defense, it needs some work and coordination. As for midfield, where was it today? :/

Let us hope they perform much better against Ecuador because if they tie - they may not qualify : [

Kid Ying

OMG! Fred scored. That's unusual, to say the least.

I don't want to cheer for that motherfucker, but i have to. I don't want to see him coming back to Fluminense. I hope he scores a lot and plays very well the whole cup. That way, he can get negotiated and never returns to my team.

Noshino

The Omega Man said:
the delicious tears of the rest of the participants would be delicious!!
c'mon Venezuela you can do it!!!

Haha, that Venezuela team wouldn't make it out of Argentina alive.

Joking aside, it is great to see how much Venezuela has improved over the years, they aren't the laughing stock anymore.

I like it as it increases the cred of CONMEBOL and makes the qualifiers (and rivalries) more fun.

Regulus Tera said:
Venezuela, en CONCACAF, iría al Mundial por encima de Mexico y USA.

There, fixed it for you.

Xaekid

neymar2.jpg

LOL.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Bulzeeb said:
Colombia is winning 1-0 right now, things are getting ugly for Argentina :p
Colombia winning makes it easier for Argentina to qualify for next round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom