• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Corpse Party Book of Shadows |OT| Soup is Good for your Eyes.

dan2026

I'm not sure if I should get the original game while waiting for the sequel to come out in the EU next week.

I'm still not sure if I'll like it.

Holy shit, why had I no idea that this was coming out? Loved the first one, but I'm not really sure what I think of the more VN style (although I loved 999 and VLR).

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I'm not sure if I should get the original game while waiting for the sequel to come out in the EU next week.

I'm still not sure if I'll like it.

You won't understand Book of Shadows as much if you don't play the first. BoS fills in the holes of Corpse Party (like a few untouched characters) and provides new twists from the original story.

dan2026

You won't understand Book of Shadows as much if you don't play the first. BoS fills in the holes of Corpse Party (like a few untouched characters) and provides new twists from the original story.

Damn it you've convinced me!

I'll buy it later.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Damn it you've convinced me!

I'll buy it later.

Enjoy! You'll be glued especially if you're into adventure games (Ace Attorney, Zero Escape, Cing NDS games) and horror games.

Ricker

Kinda interested in this but I have to play it on the Vita...what does via backward compatibility mean exactly?...I have a Vita,a PSP and a normal PS3,is that what it means...?

Necrovex

I know the moment I play this game, my productivity in all other sectors of my life will be utterly destroyed. I simply need to wait for the right moment....

Kinda interested in this but I have to play it on the Vita...what does via backward compatibility mean exactly?...I have a Vita and a normal PS3,is that what it means...?

Book of Shadow is a PSP game. If you buy this game on the PSN store, the PSP version will also work on your Vita.

luokyl

Whoa whoa whoa, I just finished chapter 3, absolutely amazing.

My favorite chapter of the game so far, and the most enjoyable the series has been for me since the first chapter of the original. So day 1 of Corpse Party Book of Shadows, 6 hours playtime logged. I should probably give it a break.

Noi

Finished Chapter 4.

...Am I a bad person for wishing there was more than one Wrong End in that Chapter?
Sayaka got off easy!

TEJ

Under the esrb descriptor it says "sexual themes" and the game has a lot of underaged looking characters and the setting is an elementary school.

I wanted to buy this but I gotta know, does the sexual stuff not refer to little kids being .....well, you know?

dock

I'm sorry if it's been covered, but how long is the original game? Is it hard? I have a long commute, some something easy and wordy might suit me fine! :3

Lusankya

Under the esrb descriptor it says "sexual themes" and the game has a lot of underaged looking characters and the setting is an elementary school.

I wanted to buy this but I gotta know, does the sexual stuff not refer to little kids being .....well, you know?

Don't worry, the small ones only get murdered, mutilated and massacred. :)

pariah164

Finished Chapter 4.

...Am I a bad person for wishing there was more than one Wrong End in that Chapter?
Sayaka got off easy!

Nope. But in all fairness...
The sole purpose of that chapter was to humanize Naho and give more info about the only other person there from Paluwonia. At least that's what I think.

Pichu0102

Neo Member
You know, up to this point, just finished chapter 3...
This will all be worth it if by the end, I've managed to do something that shocks Sachiko and actually makes her angry. It will be all worth it if I manage to make her stop her evil smile.

Dwayne

Finished Chapter 1 today, "SELECT" for auto-dialogue advancement and "R" for skipping dialogue are a godsend. C1 was cool, but the gameplay to 40 minute cutscenes ratio was a bit higher than what I like. Can someone tell me how to get bad ending 1? Ta

pariah164

Finished Chapter 1 today, "SELECT" for auto-dialogue advancement and "R" for skipping dialogue are a godsend. C1 was cool, but the gameplay to 40 minute cutscenes ratio was a bit higher than what I like. Can someone tell me how to get bad ending 1? Ta

Bad Ending 1:

Stand on the bucket to try and save Seiko.

Bad Ending 2:

Keep picking 'do something else' when going over options to save her.

apricot

It asked me every single time I booted up the Japanese version. Still does, and I can't see any reason they'd remove that from the English version so... I've got one, just it's from the download version and my Book of Shadows is the UMD Version so I can't use it ;_;

Oh, good to know, thanks.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl

Whoever thought it was a good idea to make the game advance with the analog stick sucks since I like fiddling around with the analog sticks when I'm reading and it has made me skip some dialog. D: I had to press square to go back and read what I missed a few times already.

cj_iwakura

Finished Chapter 2, and brr.

I have to wonder...

is the entire game just going to be horrors on top of horrors or is there any hope of some salvation?

If so, keep everyone, Sachiko. But let me save Ms. Yui.

Noi

Finished Chapter 2, and brr.

I have to wonder...

is the entire game just going to be horrors on top of horrors or is there any hope of some salvation?

If so, keep everyone, Sachiko. But let me save Ms. Yui.

These is a silver lining in some of the chapters.

Sometimes.

Pichu0102

Neo Member
Well, I'm stuck in chapter 5.
Entering the girl's room was my first mistake. Splat. Then helping the red ghost was my second mistake. Splat, splat. Now I'm out of ideas and just wandering around.

pariah164

Well, I'm stuck in chapter 5.
Entering the girl's room was my first mistake. Splat. Then helping the red ghost was my second mistake. Splat, splat. Now I'm out of ideas and just wandering around.

Don't help the ghost, but get what's in his skull back at the entrance. DO go in the girl's room, but use the key you find instead of looking in through the peephole. If you have the key, using that will trigger an earthquake needed to advance.

Pichu0102

Neo Member
Don't help the ghost, but get what's in his skull back at the entrance. DO go in the girl's room, but use the key you find instead of looking in through the peephole. If you have the key, using that will trigger an earthquake needed to advance.

Ah, got it. Thanks, I managed to get past it.

Varion

I've gotten through the whole game...

About that ending... WHAT THE BITCH?!

Spoilers for the final chapter obviously:
Ahaha, someone finally got there. I figured the final chapter would have to end on a cliffhanger somewhere after they introduced it as a Prologue, spent the whole chapter waiting for it to end... didn't think it'd end THERE though. Only when they've witnessed that ending can people understand why there was so much rage when the romantic comedy spinoff thing that is 2U got announced instead of the actual Blood Drive game.

Such a good last chapter though, even if it ended on such huge cliffhanger. The rest of the game lacked the levels of tension the original did for me because it's a mix of either not canon or you sort of know who gets out alive anyway, but it all came flooding back in the last chapter when you're back in completely unknown territory and have no idea how it'll end.

Necrovex

My first jump scare was definitely in Chapter 1, I think people know what part.

My god at that ending.

I dread Chapter 2's.

When Seiko ran away, I knew exactly what would happen. This bloody game!

I finished the first chapter, Book of Shadows isn't grabbing me like the first game did, but I am having a fairly good time with it.

Pichu0102

Neo Member
Cleared Chapter 6.

SACHIKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Oh, but this chapter was worth it just to see her squirm and finally get angry when she wasn't getting her way. So fucking worth it.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I'm so scared to play this game at night. That's why I've been getting through it so s l o w l y.

Seriously, the binaural audio gives me the creeps. It's way creepier than the original.

Dwayne

So far the stories are great, but the "gameplay" is exceedingly dull, I hate it so much. I know it's not much different from the original really, but I just hate object searching with the cursor.

cj_iwakura

So far the stories are great, but the "gameplay" is exceedingly dull, I hate it so much. I know it's not much different from the original really, but I just hate object searching with the cursor.

I kind of agree, but I'll say this, it makes HH look way creepier than sprites did, especially the corpses.

Lusankya

I'm so scared to play this game at night. That's why I've been getting through it so s l o w l y.

Seriously, the binaural audio gives me the creeps. It's way creepier than the original.

When I played last night I had to pull out my earphones and turn on the light after a while.

Episode 3
Stupid old woman and her terrifying voice!

ULTROS!

Completed the game (didn't get all endings yet).

I'm now waiting for the release of Blood Drive and/or Corpse Party 2.

Mew2

Neo Member
LTTP T_T

Is it advised to play the first?
I'd love to play a VN on my PSP but not if this thing is really really short

Any details on length?

ULTROS!

LTTP T_T

Is it advised to play the first?
I'd love to play a VN on my PSP but not if this thing is really really short

Any details on length?

Yes. You need to play the first because Book of Shadows is heavily connected to the first game (this game provides twists and fills up holes from the original game).

Book of Shadows took me around 12 hours to complete (I got only a few Wrong Ends). The game is just as long as Corpse Party 1.

Dantis

Just finished getting the endings I missed in the first game. I'd forgotten how horrible it is, jeez. Really brought me down. I think I'll buy the new one on Wednesday, but wait a bit to play it.

Who are everyone's favourite characters in the first one? I like Ayumi and Kishinuma the most. Seiko was alright too, though a bit weird. Yuka was awful. Extra Chapter 10 was creepy as fuck.

Top Bottom