• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

ChrisW

Pretty pissed off, spent all weekend watching the games with my twitch linked and didn't get a single drop! but then some people are getting two!

EDIT: Just to confirm, I wasn't watching just for drops, but would be nice to get one

udiie

Pretty pissed off, spent all weekend watching the games with my twitch linked and didn't get a single drop! but then some people are getting two!

EDIT: Just to confirm, I wasn't watching just for drops, but would be nice to get one
I was watching for the drops, but the games turned out to be better than expected.
Oh I guess technically I was also watching for the pick em challenge

Serious question for once.
Shocking I know.

When do you crouch shoot? I have 400 hours and I still don't understand when to do it. Some pros seem to do it frequently, while others don't. Is it when there are multiple people to spray down? Or a certain distance or weapon?

Rivitur

Banned
Shocking I know.

When do you crouch shoot? I have 400 hours and I still don't understand when to do it. Some pros seem to do it frequently, while others don't. Is it when there are multiple people to spray down? Or a certain distance or weapon?
I do it at mid ish range with ak after about 4 bullets since it controls the high shot down to the head.

udiie

Shocking I know.

I do it every time I get caught off guard and need to snap/flick my aim. That way, at least in my brain, I am able to actually hit my shot accurately thanks to slowed/paused movement and crouch accuracy bonus. If I am expecting an enemy, I generally try not to crouch so that I can strafe and shoot as needed.
This is just my wacky unsupported belief.

Shocking I know.

I mostly just do it to throw of the enemies aim if they get the jump on me or when I'm in a long distance fight. I try not to do it in close range because it kills mobility.

impact

Banned
I mostly just do it to throw of the enemies aim if they get the jump on me or when I'm in a long distance fight. I try not to do it in close range because it kills mobility.

a stationary target at long range is a really bad idea, you should be strafing long range no matter what

also 2/2 on gold pick ems ez fnatic ez gold

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
11046714_10100793262160085_5596222978161535860_o.jpg

Them classy Russian names.

I do it every time I get caught off guard and need to snap/flick my aim. That way, at least in my brain, I am able to actually hit my shot accurately thanks to slowed/paused movement and crouch accuracy bonus. If I am expecting an enemy, I generally try not to crouch so that I can strafe and shoot as needed.
This is just my wacky unsupported belief.

So, it's mostly when you just get caught off guard and someone has the jump on you.

a stationary target at long range is a really bad idea, you should be strafing long range no matter what

also 2/2 on gold pick ems ez fnatic ez gold

Well, this is why I'm still stuck in GN. I mostly just do it to get a couple of accurate shots off, but I guess counterstrafing does the same thing.

I just played with a cheater that didn't even tried to hide it, he single taps everyone with every weapon. But he still lost cause he was bad.

Mokoi

Banned
Shocking I know.

When I feel it in my heart. Also never crab walk because you're going to die from a headshot instantly.

impact

Banned

Shadownet

Banned
Hey, does anyone know the script for to bind grenades so that like the moment you throw a flash, it automatically go to the 2nd flash? (if you have one) or go to the next grenade you have?

I already bind my nades keys to 4 different keys, so i just need that script. Cause right now, whenever I throw a nade. it automatically switch back to my last weapon.

vocab

Just think of how easy it is to shoot at something that isn't moving at all. It's probably not an issue for you at GN but yea it's a really bad idea moving forward.

also solid proof for this game being being legitimately broken. 128 tick LAN server still has these problems so it's just the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBcijbyv6Aw

I dunno, source engine is crap. The spectating functionality is just so asssssssssss compared to dota 2.

This shit happened a lot.

Mokoi

Banned
What would you guys think about a mechanic that lets you change stance for peeking corners?

Like holding a button changes the player model stance to right or left shoulder ahead. No change to hitbox but just to your visibility.

I feel like this might make it easier to peek corners but if it worked like crouch walking and slowed your movement or had a momentary animation delay between movement speeds it could be interesting.
The hell. Just do what I do, and switch between right hand\eft hand viewmodel depending on what corner your holding.
Code:
bind "c" "toggle cl_righthand 0 1"
Just put that in your autoexec If you want to try it. Just replace c with whatever your want.

soultron

Banned
What would you guys think about a mechanic that lets you change stance for peeking corners?

Like holding a button changes the player model stance to right or left shoulder ahead. No change to hitbox but just to your visibility.

I feel like this might make it easier to peek corners but if it worked like crouch walking and slowed your movement or had a momentary animation delay between movement speeds it could be interesting.

It'd take too long to do, meaning it'd largely go unused in pro matches. This would have a trickle down effect, meaning that you'd never see it in regular non-pro matches either.

It's almost how the option to remove silencers is in the game, but very few players use it. There's not enough of an advantage offered and the animation takes too long to run through.

In CS, I believe you also shoot from the centre of your screen/head, meaning that even if the line from the tip of your gun barrel to the target is obscurred/broken, you will still land the shot as long as you can see the target in your crosshair. That's why you get places like Headshot Box on A site Mirage or A Ramp on Dust2.

Compare this to a feature like the new low/mid/normal grenade tosses that have utility at low-to-no cost, and it makes it kind of clear what types of new features the dev team will add to the game.

ChrisW

Can confirm that the sale for smurf accounts it well underway, played a silver elite D2 game and had 3 unranked on opposite team and a silver 2, all of which dropped 25 kills and smashed us 16-7

Divius

Got like 32 kills on Inferno today and had absolutely no clue what I was doing. Good shit.
Yeah you went crazy on that map, for some reason I was not feeling it at all, worst game of the night for me yet I still ranked up.

Did you guys get a 5th after I left or did you play with randoms?

We definitely need to play more often, it was fun.

I wish I was good at this game. I must of gifted this game to like 4/5 people and they've all overtaken my skill and rank already. It's depressing as fuck. I had a friend played yesterday who had never played a Counterstrike game or a fps on pc before beat me 3 times in a row :(

Shadownet

Banned
I wish I was good at this game. I must of gifted this game to like 4/5 people and they've all overtaken my skill and rank already. It's depressing as fuck. I had a friend played yesterday who had never played a Counterstrike game or a fps on pc before beat me 3 times in a row :(

I know you're EU, but I'd love to play with you whenever. Dont worry, you'll just have to spend some more time developing your aim.

cHinzo

Yeah you went crazy on that map, for some reason I was not feeling it at all, worst game of the night for me yet I still ranked up.

Did you guys get a 5th after I left or did you play with randoms?

We definitely need to play more often, it was fun.

I think Overdoeziz ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) joined, but I left, because I don't like Cobble at all. Went for some Dust2 instead. :d Definitely up for some more games though!

Isn't that always the case?
Nah, I think I was trying to get the entries on our T side, which netted me a lot of kills (aka rush only, yolo B takes and the duo appartment control with Odah). I prefer sitting back and let the team do all the work, while I flank enemies from behind. :p

MayMay

Banned

I know you're EU, but I'd love to play with you whenever. Dont worry, you'll just have to spend some more time developing your aim.

Little known fact, Shadow is very racist against ppl from the
superior
EU. Just kidding lol

I've never played with you, so I don't know how you play Quiche - but you might just want to play some deathmatch to get a better feel for the guns and to improve your aim.

Hixx

You panic. Stop saying "I'm so fucked" when other people die. Think of it as your time to shine. Then if you don't, just shout "HE'S WALLING" like me.

If you don't start performing I will have to drop you from Hixx's Acquaintances and replace you with Arnold.

Can you give me a way to get in contact with Arnold so he can be on standby, please. xoxo

Odah

Banned
I need to record some stuff from the games we made yesterday, had great fun with u guise

That cobble game was pretty boring (we won 16:2) but I did some lolligagging shots which I wanna see

MayMay

Banned
Most games were pretty boring yesterday, all very one sided. Only games that were close was the Mirage game we lost against the super smurfs and the exciting close Inferno game.

Was fun tho, + those rankups yo. We should play more often.

Top Bottom