• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

Mokoi

Banned
I just realized this awp update doesn't affect me at all. I rarely move scope in, and quickscopez all the time. lol

Edit: actually it kind of does. Volvo pls.

Xizk

I just realized this awp update doesn't affect me at all. I rarely move scope in, and quickscopez all the time. lol

Edit: actually it kind of does. Volvo pls.

paszaBiceps ‏@paszaBiceps 4h4 hours ago
I will be best AWP in the world after this update :eek:

Moe Assad ‏@m0E_tv 4h4 hours ago
@paszaBiceps i like it to . this is why i never zoom in

Ima(we) be aight.

rugioh

Banned
damn this update just gave me a 115 dollar gun for 5 dollars
thanks volvo

image.php

I was thinking about switching over to the A4 due to running out of ammo in fights, but this was the push I needed. I'm about to break da bank on ST weapons now that their value has tanked in case this is some kind of april fools joke

ChrisW

Anyone else think that if valve are going to put into place such a big update that effects the market place that any trades currently active should have a confirmation message sent to the one who sent the offer as they could well lose massive amount of value in a trade that was maybe a fair price before.

Also the skybox changes on dust 2 are going to make a big difference, as you can now take long and shut off short ct and back of site all from long doors and on the other side of that you can throw some huge site fakes like on overpass to B site from short or even long!

CoolS

Also the skybox changes on dust 2 are going to make a big difference, as you can now take long and shut off short ct and back of site all from long doors and on the other side of that you can throw some huge site fakes like on overpass to B site from short or even long!
I read this sentece a couple of times, and I can't make any sense of it. I know what your are talking about in general but not what exactly you want to say.

Rivitur

Banned
When you bet on both bot games you know you have a problem :(

Only good chance upset is FM>Gplay but FM will have a standing for whin.

Also in before DDoS on the Bot games.

soultron

Banned
I liked how you couldn't use ST weapons for tradeups. It made them more permanent, unless you went out of your way to sell them.

I was basically building up my inventory so that all of my mains skins were ST variants.

All of my non-ST stuff that wasn't high value was basically trade up fodder.

Rivitur

Banned
CS:GO BETTING ANALYSIS
BOT World Championship 2015

ÜberholverBOT vs U-BOT (bo1)
Lineups:
ÜberholverBOT: Dave - Troy - Victor - Wade - Finn
U-BOT: Decoyev - Smokevich - Flashinew - Molotovich - Grenadev

Prediction:
On the one side we have ÜberholverBOT, who won last year's BOT World Championship. They will go as the favourites into this tourney. As we know from last year, Their IGL Troy is known for playing uncommon yet effective strats which use the element of surprise to get the upperhand over their enemies. One example is the legendays HE-Fake-Bomb-Plant-Plant on Mirage (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n8rugXAn3g). According to Finn, one of the key-players for ÜberholverBOT, the team "prepared some new, unseen stuff" for this tourney.

On the other side we have U-BOT from Russia. Due to no official matches played from U-BOT, we can't really say how they will play. But seeing the line-up on paper, they are filled with young talents who are definitely able to cause an upset. They pracced about 10 hours a day so we can assume that they are ready for this matchup.

Even though U-BOT pracced a lot, I don't think that they will be ready for ÜberholverBOT's strong T-side. These guys have played together for a long time so it's probably a 75/25 in favor of ÜberholverBOT with an upset not being impossible!

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
I actually kind of like the AWP nerf. Maybe it's a tiny bit too slow but I always found it op how awpers could just aggressively peak corners and kill someone without getting punished because of peekers advantage and crazy speed in this game. I still wish they would make quickscoping as reliable and accurate as in 1.6 though to not completely demolish aggressive awping.
I think they changed the scoped moving speed from 150 to 100. Make it 115 and bring back quickscoping and it'd be perfect.

They still haven't adressed moving accuracy, jumping accuracy, hitboxes, sound issues etc. though. There is still soo much wrong with this game and it's not like it's a secret or something like that. Everyone is pointing these issues out but still no reaction from Valve.
I also wish they'd finally nerf smokes and buff flashes a bit.

MayMay

Banned
The German casters for the Bot matches are so fucking funny... lool. The english ones are boring as fuck.

Gotta rewatch the 2 earlier matches with the German casters because they're just so damn good.

So, let's say Nuke indeed gets the Train treatment, then what? Are they going to up the map pool to 9 and also add Season, or they going to keep it 7 and swap out maps? Like Dust2 and Inferno. Don't know how the community would react to those though, if they took Nuke this badly lol

Seems like sarcasm to me lol

yeah, possible lol

Mokoi

Banned
The German casters for the Bot matches are so fucking funny... lool. The english ones are boring as fuck.

Gotta rewatch the 2 earlier matches with the German casters because they're just so damn good.
and people say Germans can't be funny. Shit is hilarious, and MisterSic is clutch.
Edit: I knew betting on jbots was the right thing to do. MisterSic going to be pro!

impact

Banned
i like it. makes awpers have to play smarter. no more willy nilly all over the map

Alternatively: yet another way to cap the skill level of the AWP

AWP in this game is a joke compared to what you could do in 1.6. Valve listening to the casuals way too much :|

JW and kennyS are going to be WAY worse from now on. gj Valve

CoolS

Alternatively: yet another way to cap the skill level of the AWP

AWP in this game is a joke compared to what you could do in 1.6. Valve listening to the casuals way too much :|

JW and kennyS are going to be WAY worse from now on. gj Valve

The thing is: listening to who? No one never ever said anything about the AWP.

KingKong

So, let's say Nuke indeed gets the Train treatment, then what? Are they going to up the map pool to 9 and also add Season, or they going to keep it 7 and swap out maps? Like Dust2 and Inferno. Don't know how the community would react to those though, if they took Nuke this badly lol

its getting it for sure, this is from their guide (just like when they had a sneak peak of train)

http://imgur.com/a/sOpfO#0

and I would love it if they remade inferno too. Even dust2 would be good for a fresh new look, they could keep it active until it's ready to go but you can obviously tell how much nicer maps like mirage and train look

vocab

Mobile awpers weren't the problem. It was the acceleration while peaking. It always has been in cs go.

T side awping is basically dead.

impact

Banned

soultron

Banned
Couldn't you argue that CT awping is also affected since, if they miss their shot (less of an issue the higher the skill of the AWPer, granted), they're effectively forced to descope and move away?

It's almost as if you push a posted CT AWPer somehow, and they fuck it up, they're punished a lot for not being able to hold the angle. They lose the angle entirely. They can't simply repeek you while staying scoped (or moving then scoping) now because of the movement change, right?

udiie

I'm a big advocate of dropping the moving accuracy with pistols (and now with the mac10), in part because being rushed while awping by force buys is basically a guaranteed loss of the awper
There's not many awpers who can defend from a full speed rush, and now that number is even lower thanks to this scope movement speed nerf.
If you consider the problem of overpowered awp peekers, we basically just see the common ground of a movement speed issue, as impact's post discussed.
It's pretty simple to see as the real issue.

Xizk

I'm a big advocate of dropping the moving accuracy with pistols (and now with the mac10), in part because being rushed while awping by force buys is basically a guaranteed loss of the awper
There's not many awpers who can defend from a full speed rush, and now that number is even lower thanks to this scope movement speed nerf.
If you consider the problem of overpowered awp peekers, we basically just see the common ground of a movement speed issue, as impact's post discussed.
It's pretty simple to see as the real issue.

Fix movement to be more like 1.6 and then make quick scoping more viable and we have a pretty good game.

Top Bottom