• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

In a match it's completely different. You can know the pattern, yes. But doing it consistently in a match is different. It is more about feel. I know the pattern, but does my arm knows it? That kind of thing.

Distance plays a huge factor as well. That's why I prefer deathmatch for learning. You shoot at people from all sort of distance. Shroud and Hiko practice their sprays on Free for all deathmatches.

Learn the pattern with that map, make your arm learn it in DM.

My mind gives me positive feedback when I get a good spray kill, negative feedback on terrible misses. You don't get a feedback like that on walls.

In a match it's completely different. You can know the pattern, yes. But doing it consistently in a match is different. It is more about feel. I know the pattern, but does my arm knows it? That kind of thing.

Distance plays a huge factor as well. That's why I prefer deathmatch for learning. You shoot at people from all sort of distance. Shroud and Hiko practice their sprays on Free for all deathmatches.

Learn the pattern with that map, make your arm learn it in DM.

My mind gives me positive feedback when I get a good spray kill, negative feedback on terrible misses. You don't get a feedback like that on walls.

I love DM, it's where I spend a lot of my time. Just turn on some music and zone out for a few hours.

rugioh

Banned
Is it strange I really don't like DM? I mean sure, you CAN teach yourself proper aim placement discipline but in FFAs it seems like its so counter-productive because 7/10 times trying to clear angles correctly will just get you shot in the back. I much prefer to cut down on DM time and jump into a 1v1 arena/retake server for a few rounds in order to get myself in a good rhythm.

I love DM, it's where I spend a lot of my time. Just turn on some music and zone out for a few hours.
I actually plan on training myself on it soon. I have been away from this game for too long

True FFA is mostly getting shot in the back, but it's a way to see how precise your sprays are. You either spray them down fast or die fast.

Ludono

I think a 1v1 server would be cool. Allows us to kill some time before we get a full team.

I was 1 v 1 ing Divius and Strazy earlier, though I was hosting so they were at a major ping disadvantage ;P

Anyway had a nice game with some GAFers tonight, sadly another tie but we played well for the most part :D

Mokoi

Banned
surfing is also good for helping your aim guys, you don't HAVE to always DM!
I had a good surf server saved. If was located close to home too, but the dude who owned it become all communists on everyone. Started putting in horrible maps, and demanded everyone pay.

frbrr

Is it strange I really don't like DM? I mean sure, you CAN teach yourself proper aim placement discipline but in FFAs it seems like its so counter-productive because 7/10 times trying to clear angles correctly will just get you shot in the back. I much prefer to cut down on DM time and jump into a 1v1 arena/retake server for a few rounds in order to get myself in a good rhythm.

1v1 really is a lot of fun, I usually do a map of it before jumping into mm

cHinzo

surfing is also good for helping your aim guys, you don't HAVE to always DM!

I wish I could surf. My nephew can do the coolest tricks, while I stay hardly afloat in the air without any speed. ;_; I did see some tutorials, but I somehow still can't make speed and have full movement in the air, when surfing, even though I should be pressing the right buttons.

I don't like DM either. Much prefer to jump straight in a Dust2 game as warming up for some more Dust2 games later.

Had a fun game with Ludono, Shadow, Riv and ???? on Inferno (ugh). Ended in a tie, even though half our team had crazy ping and the enemy team had a pretty big advantage over us. :D Got rushed down in the end though, but oh well, can't win em all. Definitely up for some more games later!

impact

Banned

If you're familiar with surfing you should know that it's mostly down to your mouse movement

If you want it to actually help you control your aim and sensitivity then DO NOT PULL A SUMMIT and switch your sens just for surfing. It completely misses the point.

I can't really give you guys tips cuz I actually just started surfing not too long ago but this is the video I watched when I first wanted to start doing it

It's hard as fuck at first, don't get discouraged. It's gotten me through times where no one wants to play and I don't wanna solo q. Surf + music

Is anyone else's GO constantly crashing since the last update? It will either lock up completely, forcing me to logout or restart, or just crash straight to the desktop. No error messages, but I tried restarting my computer and verifying the game cache. I'll provide more information if needed.

Sorry for the repost, but ever since the last big update, CS:GO will just not start a game. All of my other games on my computer (including Team Fortress 2) run fine, but every time I try to connect to a community server or join a matchmaking game, the game completely freezes up when it flashes back to the main menu. I think it also makes a buzzing sound sometimes when freezing, but that's not 100% consistent. Since my first post, I tried renaming the clientregistry.blob file in the Steam folder, and reinstalling CS:GO, but nothing has helped. I'm at work now, but I'll check back in when I'm at my home computer tonight. As stated before, I'll provide more information if needed.

Maybe it has something to do with other programs running while playing? I had issues with CSGO freezing on start up but ever since I turned off RAPTR's background recording it's been fine.

I'll check that, but the only other program that I run in the background when I'm playing games is GeForce Experience. I could try disabling that, now that I think of it. My anti-virus is Windows Defender, if that matters.

Overdoziz

Banned
Sorry for the repost, but ever since the last big update, CS:GO will just not start a game. All of my other games on my computer (including Team Fortress 2) run fine, but every time I try to connect to a community server or join a matchmaking game, the game completely freezes up when it flashes back to the main menu. I think it also makes a buzzing sound sometimes when freezing, but that's not 100% consistent. Since my first post, I tried renaming the clientregistry.blob file in the Steam folder, and reinstalling CS:GO, but nothing has helped. I'm at work now, but I'll check back in when I'm at my home computer tonight. As stated before, I'll provide more information if needed.
Maybe it has something to do with other programs running while playing? I had issues with CSGO freezing on start up but ever since I turned off RAPTR's background recording it's been fine.

Xizk

cAdYUSg.jpg

Almost ready to carry some GAF games. The 1-taps were real. My spray still sucks.

udiie

also, if anyone wants to practice smokes but doesnt have an exec for it use this
sv_cheats 1
sv_infinite_ammo 1
sv_showimpacts 1
sv_grenade_trajectory 1
mp_roundtime_defuse 60
bot_kick all
mp_warmup_end
mp_restartgame 1

bind f1 "give weapon_smokegrenade"
bind f2 "give weapon_hegrenade"
bind f3 "give weapon_flashbang"
bind f4 "give weapon_molotov"
bind f5 "give weapon_decoy"

basically, paste that into a notepad file, rename it something like smokepractice.cfg (cfg is the important part), and paste it in your steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\cfg directory
load up casual offline, then just type in console exec smokepractice
this one is set to give grenades using f1-f5

Clydefrog

Ehhh calling others noob while resorting to the laser gun that is the M4A1... I don't know about that :p The real pros use the M4A4!

You're probably one of those people who whine when someone uses the P90.

If it gets the job done, then fuckin’ use it. Wins are wins. The accuracy of the M4A1-S rules.

FYI: I just took one of those 5-Hour energy shots. Holy shit

Shadownet

Banned
Some people can't tap people with the M4A1 so they use the M4A4. I'm probably one of those. Plus I can appreciate the extra 10 bullets. They can be lifesaver.

I tend to play more passively when using the M4A1, so I don't get overwhelm if there is a rush.

Divius

I switched to the M4A4 because of the money and the amount of bullets, but I find myself reloading way too often and I am just not really feeling it. I really love my M4A1 though so I might just switch back, if I cannot afford it I am happy with the famas as well.

Ever since the update I've been trying the A4 more since it's cheaper. I still prefer the A1 more, laser gun is best gun.

Plus it has better skins, and we all know that's the most important part!

Top Bottom