• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

tootsi666

If they do it right and in coordination with Valve this could be great. The amount of different leagues going on at the same time is crazy. The professional CSGO scene needs some kind of official regulation

Seriously a schedule like this would be perfect.

1 official league with 3 seasons a year. Basically LCS clone with NA, EU, Asia/Oceania, SA region. Also with lower divisions for promotion/regulation. 2 Million $ price money per season = 6 million per year

4 major tournaments a year with sticker money etc. 2 Million each = 8 million a year

16 smaller tournaments spread throughout the year. Each 300.000 price money

So in total 23 lans a year (every ~2 weeks with a little break in the summer) with ~19 Million dollars price money.
+ 4 times Sticker money + higher salaries

Keep it clean, structured and professional and not this chaotic mess like right now
Good for the players, good for the viewers.

I have a feeling they will somehow fuck it up though and slow the growth of the scene.
It would kill T2 teams

f0rk

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
It would kill T2 teams

How is it different than the current system? How many different teams participate in the big tournaments? It's basically always the same 20 something teams. It would be the same in this case.
Of course there would also be countless small non regulated tournaments for the t4,t5 teams

Those smaller tournaments and also the majors would have an open qualifier to give every pro/semipro team the chance to qualify.

Raise the number of teams in the majors to 20 and make it a week long competition.

20 teams in the leagues, 20 teams in the 2nd division and so on with the chance to promote to the top level. Basically the same as ESEA invite/premier/main/open.

Seriously it would be the same as right now with the only difference being that all those tournaments like Gfinity/Dreamhack/ESWC etc. would be regulated by one organisor and there would just be one official league instead of so many smaller ones.

The scene would just be officially regulated by one organisor like Valve and ESL or whoever like any other sport in the world too.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
LCS is super boring though. Region segregation doesn't help.

I don't really follow lol but I don't see how that would be any more boring than Faceit/ESEA/Starladder etc.

Let's be honest, leagues in e-sports aren't that exciting anyway whether you have just one official league or 10 smaller ones.
It would also have 3 seasons a year to keep it fresh.

Region segregation exists in the current system as well. You have the regional online phase and then the top teams of the regions advance to the global playoffs.

I'm just spitting my ideas out. I really doubt something like this would be implemented but I like to dream about stuff like this

frbrr

LCS is super boring though. Region segregation doesn't help.

Still sounds sketchy until they come out and say what they are actually trying to do

They probably want control and a cut from other events in return for "their teams" showing up, isn't this how LCS started?

Rivitur

Banned
So mirage... We've all seen the smoke for the b fake but what about faking A with what appear to be A set smokes for B APS outside of underground?

Haribi

You are talking about a dream scenario here (which'll never happen) and even that is worse than the current system because it's a monopoly.

NBA is monopoly, NFL is monopoly, Champions League is monopoly etc.
Monopoly in sports is normal and IF done right way better than a chaotic non regulated scene.

But yeah it most likely (and unfortunately) won't happen though.

Titan gonna comeback on Inferno!

laughing-gifs-jonah-jameson.gif

Clydefrog

Generally speaking, if you hear someone’s footsteps, is it better to peek them or wait for them to peek you? I like being more aggressive so I peek them. I feel like I get an advantage from turning a corner fast and shooting them because I’ll be moving around and they will have to move their crosshair. If I just wait, I’m a static target: shark bait. Right?

Generally speaking, if you hear someone’s footsteps, is it better to peek them or wait for them to peek you? I like being more aggressive so I peek them. I feel like I get an advantage from turning a corner fast and shooting them because I’ll be moving around and they will have to move their crosshair. If I just wait, I’m a static target: shark bait. Right?
I prefer to wait, usually because my headphones aren't the greatest so I can't always tell how far away they are.

I'm also just a gold nova one so.. take that with a grain of salt.

Overdoziz

Banned
I'd say the majority of the time it's better to wait. Nothing better than getting that easy kill on someone who comes around the corner without a care in the world. I'm also not that great at aiming so getting those peek kills are more difficult for me. :(

Mokoi

Banned
Nahh, waiting is stupid. Well it all depends on the situation, but you be that guy who comes around the corner going 420mph getting the insta headshot.

Top Bottom