• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

Ludono

*Sees like 2 new pages of posts in a few hours*

*Sees like 5 new members posting*

*scratches head*

*sees knife giveaway*

Ohhhhhhhhhh

cresto

This thread is always nuts. It's just salty nuts atm

Salty is the majority of the community. Even most of the pro's are salty. NBK just pulled a 5 year old move and said, "I'm so done giving interview for such a community, this is such a joke. Farewell internet-warriors, I hope you enjoy your life full of hate!"

Getting to ridiculous levels. Device bitching about the patch. Valve doing nothing to help further CS as a proper esport aside from throwing what I can only imagine is a small sum of money at 2-3 majors per year.

I'll be real curious to see where this game is at in 6+ months.

CoolS

Salty is the majority of the community. Even most of the pro's are salty. NBK just pulled a 5 year old move and said, "I'm so done giving interview for such a community, this is such a joke. Farewell internet-warriors, I hope you enjoy your life full of hate!"

Getting to ridiculous levels. Device bitching about the patch. Valve doing nothing to help further CS as a proper esport aside from throwing what I can only imagine is a small sum of money at 2-3 majors per year.

I'll be real curious to see where this game is at in 6+ months.

They will have hired Volcano as a designer who is responsoble for balancing the game towards the competetive scene.

I can dream, can't I?

So many giveaways!

confusedcena.gif

Clydefrog

create drama with giveaway.... success.

I only blocked a few of you that seem to always win shit, so no worries. Shadownet, you're fine.

CoolS

create drama with giveaway.... success.

I only blocked a few of you that seem to always win shit, so no worries. Shadownet, you're fine.

Well, at least you admit you blocked us specifically by writing down our names :D

I'm okay with that. I'm starting to hate my knife though, and I hope I can get my hands on a new one soonish.

cHinzo

I'm okay with that. I'm starting to hate my knife though, and I hope I can get my hands on a new one soonish.

I'm starting to dislike my stock knife too. Could use a new one. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Go TSM! Even though Fnatic won the first map. :\ Too bad we haven't seen anyone play on the new Train yet. Really interested what pro teams have come up with on that map.

impact

Banned
both of you guys giving away knives are crazy generous

unsure whether to go for CLG or elevate here. It's basically like choosing skill over an actual team with strats, but the actual team is just not very good. think I'm gonna go with elevate tbh

I haven't been feeling the p250 as showcased in this ugly webums. Also esea invite when?
http://a.pomf.se/exmrnb.webm

should have not put that first kill LOL

Sajjaja

both of you guys giving away knives are crazy generous

unsure whether to go for CLG or elevate here. It's basically like choosing skill over an actual team with strats, but the actual team is just not very good. think I'm gonna go with elevate tbh

should have not put that first kill LOL

I went elevate. In Hiko we trust.

Mokoi

Banned
On the serious side, what do people think about the awp nerf?
Shitty ass update I greatly dislike the new awp update, and don't even bother to use it unless really needed. Who asked to slow down scope movement speed? It wasn't needed, and removes any incentive to challenge another awper. For example. d2 mid a ct shouldn't even bother tyring to peak it with awp since they're going to die from the T player in spawn. Unless the T player sucks ass CT going to die. Hyperbole? No fuck the update.

Pafnucy

I always hold shift while sniping with awp anyway, so don't notice a difference. But what do I know, I suck at sniping.

Now, SMGs buff is something else. I kinda like how accurate they are now, so I started to buy MAC10/MP9 after winning pistol round. Seems super effective. Though I don't know if I like how easy it is to run and gun with them.

Btw, when is the new operation coming out?

vocab

but he sucks at 3rd Strike

True.

The awp nerf would of been fine (it removed the overpowered crouch peak), but since they changed tagging, and added more running and gunning you are pretty much at a disadvantage. It seems crazy you get slowed down, but the other team can abuse the high movement acceleration and run and gun while you are stuck in quicksand. Also, if they added back instant scoping instead of the delay shit like we have now it would of offset some of the problems.

I'm starting to Tside awp more with the nerf though. Seems a lot of people are sleeping thinking that tside awping is dead.

I use to awp in 1.6 before the first awp nerf that added a delay to quckscoping and I'll say quickscoping was too powerful. If it was added back I would be a primary awper.

The current awp does feel like you are stuck in molasses. I don't feel it much since I still quickscope and rarely awp.

KingKong

imo instead of trying to make all the weapons useful they should have cut almost all of them, but that would never happen. The only reason there are that many smgs and pistols and shotguns is because that's what mods were like 15 years ago

I wonder if they're just trying to make eco rounds more dynamic and games closer - sometimes if the loser cant pull off the eco the rest of the match is almost decided.

impact

Banned
True.

The awp nerf would of been fine (it removed the overpowered crouch peak), but since they changed tagging, and added more running and gunning you are pretty much at a disadvantage. It seems crazy you get slowed down, but the other team can abuse the high movement acceleration and run and gun while you are stuck in quicksand. Also, if they added back instant scoping instead of the delay shit like we have now it would of offset some of the problems.

I'm starting to Tside awp more with the nerf though. Seems a lot of people are sleeping thinking that tside awping is dead.

when I T side awp now I 1.6 the corners and just jump into the angles. It's worked decent for picking mid on mirage

really the only options now are peak the corner like you would have before (slow as fuck, you're dead if the dude isn't shit), crouch around corners or jump around corners

and before anyone tries to act like this nerf didn't really affect the AWP that much... kennyS was bottomfragging with BOT Ex6teNz yesterday.

imo instead of trying to make all the weapons useful they should have cut almost all of them, but that would never happen. The only reason there are that many smgs and pistols and shotguns is because that's what mods were like 15 years ago

First CS game? The "only" reason those guns are there is because they've been in most versions of CS. Some shit got changed obviously like P225 (or whatever it was) -> P250, MP5 -> MP7 but it's mostly the same guns and categories. Only difference is CS:GO is the first time a lot of guns in a CS game have been viable like you said.

KingKong

First CS game? The "only" reason those guns are there is because they've been in most versions of CS. Some shit got changed obviously like P225 (or whatever it was) -> P250, MP5 -> MP7 but it's mostly the same guns and categories. Only difference is CS:GO is the first time a lot of guns in a CS game have been viable like you said.

no, I'm saying the reason those guns were added to CS 0.x or 1.x was because thats what people were doing. Action Half Life, Firearms, any mod had tons and tons of guns. Dual berretas were totally a 2000s Matrix thing

CS:GO started as a Source remake so thats why, but imagine if they just cut all that crap and had maybe 10 guns and just balanced those

impact

Banned
no, I'm saying the reason those guns were added to CS 0.x or 1.x was because thats what people were doing. Action Half Life, Firearms, any mod had tons and tons of guns. Dual berretas were totally a 2000s Matrix thing

CS:GO started as a Source remake so thats why, but imagine if they just cut all that crap and had maybe 10 guns and just balanced those

I hear you, but even as someone that thinks 1.6 is the best game ever made I think I'd rather have our current CSGO gun meta over AWP deagle AK M4 being the only guns in the game. At least here if I'm at 3k and the rest of my team can buy I can go SWAG7/armor/p250 and I've got everything covered.

But yea Valve knows fuck all about balance so it's still a mess.

Honestly the real reason is more guns = more viable things to buy in a round = more skins = more money for GabeN

haveheart

Banned
I finally did it. I ordered the LG 24GM77-B.

I have been looking for a decent gaming monitor for quite a while, now I got a good price on this one (~190€).

I cannot wait and I'm really excited for 120Hz. Last time I was playing CS on a good display was back in 1.3 with some 90Hz CRT.

If anyone's interested I can keep you updated.

cHinzo

I hear you, but even as someone that thinks 1.6 is the best game ever made I think I'd rather have our current CSGO gun meta over AWP deagle AK M4 being the only guns in the game. At least here if I'm at 3k and the rest of my team can buy I can go SWAG7/armor/p250 and I've got everything covered.

But yea Valve knows fuck all about balance so it's still a mess.

Honestly the real reason is more guns = more viable things to buy in a round = more skins = more money for GabeN

I really like having all of those viable guns over only the AWP, Deagle, AK47 and M4A1...
Also, imagine having the MP5 in this game where u had max movement speed. People would totally shit on the 'run and gun'. I miss that gun. :d

bounchfx

are the servers down? I don't see any wait times for any matches nor can I join public games... not sure what's up or what changed.

Top Bottom