• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

Robot Pants

So does Valve actually care about this game now?
When did they either add servers to California, or do major updates to their existing ones?

Cause I used to get a minimum of 40 ping MAX for years. Now I'm getting 13-16 in every game I play. (reg still shit)
What happened?

cHinzo

So does Valve actually care about this game now?
When did they either add servers to California, or do major updates to their existing ones?

Cause I used to get a minimum of 40 ping MAX for years. Now I'm getting 13-16 in every game I play. (reg still shit)
What happened?

They added servers in the west coast some weeks ago. :D

Also, I made it to Eagle, woohooo! Was fragging so hard that game, of course on my favourite map. :D We had a bot from round 7, but we still won. One enemy also ragequit during the last round and got a cooldown, just when we were about the win the game lol. The salt was real.
81BF01C2B82EB99087890F404C0B5CF9752E9D3F

Mokoi

Banned
Fucking annoyed, tbh. Ptr is NOT that teams biggest problem. It's fucking fns or hazed w/out a doubt.

I think ptr was hideously overrated however based on 1 good map.
Overrated yes, but I was hoping they drop FNS already. Regradless of IGL bullshit. Dude really sucks compared to everyone else.

Also gaben is my uncle and I shall be getting my own sticker capsule full of my third grade doodles.

impact

Banned
Fucking annoyed, tbh. Ptr is NOT that teams biggest problem. It's fucking fns or hazed w/out a doubt.

PTR is like the CS version of Mario Chalmers

Dude had one big match against a good team. He's not that good

I agree though FNS sucks. Their strats are not great and his frag power is mediocre at best. He's like seangares without the looks.

The bickering is dumb (but doesn't really happen that much). However, betting is a huge draw for the CS community so that complaint doesn't really make sense to me.

Thanks for the outside perspective. You're welcome to come in, but if you want to stay outside, you can do that too.

I mean that probably seemed like a douche thing to say, but I love CSGO and am quite skilled (eagle). I just want to find a community that cares more about being friends on a game they mutually enjoy. I get the opposite impression from hearing about cliques.

I guess that comes with any community, just wanna know how accurate my assertion is--if I'm being unfair.

And yes I have seen talk about lurkers during giveaways. I don't care about skins and haven't posted here yet (to my knowledge).

Rivitur

Banned
I mean that probably seemed like a douche thing to say, but I love CSGO and am quite skilled (eagle). I just want to find a community that cares more about being friends on a game they mutually enjoy. I get the opposite impression from hearing about cliques.

I guess that comes with any community, just wanna know how accurate my assertion is--if I'm being unfair.

And yes I have seen talk about lurkers during giveaways. I don't care about skins and haven't posted here yet (to my knowledge).
I'll let you join my clique if you give me skans.

We're all together really (since one is no longer on GAF and the other is also no longer on GAF)

We just play separate at time because of ranks, Australia/Asia, and we don't have a GAF server for another month maybe.

I'm eagle too. Except when I make silver plays. But add me if you like, at work so I can't link but my profile is www.steamwhatev.. /peakysnete

P.s. I was voted least toxic in my high school yearbook

I'll let you join my clique if you give me skans.

We're all together really (since one is no longer on GAF and the other is also no longer on GAF)

We just play separate at time because of ranks, Australia/Asia, and we don't have a GAF server for another month maybe.

Gotcha. Thanks for the feedback. Sorry for ruffling any feathers by my seemingly antagonist post. I notice there is a NeoGaf group. Says membership only--who do I have to buy a $100 skin for to get in? ;)

I'm eagle too. Except when I make silver plays. But add me if you like, at work so I can't link but my profile is www.steamwhatev.. /peakysnete

P.s. I was voted least toxic in my high school yearbook

Added. Thanks.

My steam ID: Fahzzy

Sajjaja

The community is quite nice, we are generally interested in having in a good time with people we like to play with. The conflict you see here is generally a conflict between personalities, as a few like to watch and tease while most others like to play to have fun. One or two people in particular are often sources of conflict here but that's just how it goes. The kind of behaviour that results in conflict was exemplified here not too long ago (one or two pages ago depending on your ppp settings) and resulted in a ban. Not everyone can get along with everyone. Inevitably that will bleed out into this thread but most of us try to keep it out of here.

Betting is a large part of the CS:GO culture now, so it is pretty difficult to avoid. It's become so big that teams even throw because of it. It just goes to show how rewarding CS:GO can be both financially through skins and skillfully through the game itself.

There is a large variation in skills here, ranging from Silver 3s to Global Elites. I myself am a Master Guardian 2, and generally play with like minded people of similar ranks, but we're more than happy to play with lower ranked players as we have time and time again just because we play to have fun and not necessarily to rank up.

Feel free to add me on Steam if you'd like, would love to play with you if you want. If not, that's cool too, we can just hang out in mumble.
http://steamcommunity.com//id/Sajjaja

The community is quite nice, we are generally interested in having in a good time with people we like to play with. The conflict you see here is generally a conflict between personalities, as a few like to watch and tease while most others like to play to have fun. One or two people in particular are often sources of conflict here but that's just how it goes. The kind of behaviour that results in conflict was exemplified here not too long ago (one or two pages ago depending on your ppp settings) and resulted in a ban. Not everyone can get along with everyone. Inevitably that will bleed out into this thread but most of us try to keep it out of here.

Betting is a large part of the CS:GO culture now, so it is pretty difficult to avoid. It's become so big that teams even throw because of it. It just goes to show how rewarding CS:GO can be both financially through skins and skillfully through the game itself.

There is a large variation in skills here, ranging from Silver 3s to Global Elites. I myself am a Master Guardian 2, and generally play with like minded people of similar ranks, but we're more than happy to play with lower ranked players as we have time and time again just because we play to have fun and not necessarily to rank up.

Feel free to add me on Steam if you'd like, would love to play with you if you want. If not, that's cool too, we can just hang out in mumble.
http://steamcommunity.com//id/Sajjaja

Thanks for taking the time to write that up. I appreciate it. Added you on steam. I generally float around the MG2 rank because I play with anyone that wants to play with me (as long as CSGO allows it). I have learned that caring about rank makes everyone, especially yourself, miserable.

Will have to hit you all up sometime!

Edit: Love the Steam Profile pic

Anybody here have experience making weapon skins or stickers? I've been thinking about getting back into trying my hand at hats for Dota, so I figured I also may as well investigate the CS:GO stuff as well.

cHinzo

Odah, u could have lost that 14 value, but instead we hit the jackpot. No need to thank me. :'D

Edit: fck jinxed
Edit2: man the choke :( 14-7 into 15-14..
Edit3: welp fuck rip jackpot
Edit4: woohoo overtime win. They can suddenly play well again, 19-16!

Rivitur

Banned
Odah, u could have lost that 14 value, but instead we hit the jackpot. No need to thank me. :'D

Edit: fck jinxed
Edit2: man the choke :( 14-7 into 15-14..
Edit3: welp fuck rip jackpot
Edit4: woohoo overtime win. They can suddenly play well again, 19-16!
Ahahha congrats.

Time for me to go shit post on HLTV before sleep after those GAF games 0.o

cHinzo

Ahahha congrats.

Thanks, but why are they giving me shit? No big boys. :\ Won the AK Case Hardened in my last bet though, which got overpaid by 7. :d
d5212f2a84.jpg

Came back into the betting scene, since my Steam wallet was getting a bit empty after buying GTA V, Borderlands Pre-Sequel, Cities: Skylines and Dragon Ball Xenoverse. Time to make some bank again. Got a nice start though!

5f8a8f9473.png

MayMay

Banned
Did not have a good day of CS, rekt on Inferno and played super well -- and then I got an insane headache but still kept playing and we lost like 4 in a row. They were awful and I played like garbage.

And one of them had one of the most blatant wallhackers I've ever seen playing >_>

Still had fun tho, like always playing with gaf.

cHinzo

Did not have a good day of CS, rekt on Inferno and played super well -- and then I got an insane headache but still kept playing and we lost like 4 in a row. They were awful and I played like garbage.

And one of them had one of the most blatant wallhackers I've ever seen playing >_>

Still had fun tho, like always playing with gaf.

If u didn't add the last bit, I would have thought it was the worst day of ur life. :d

That Dust 2 game I was on point, it was a shame that one of the opposing team was a triggerbot and waller.

30 bomb vs 40 hacker bomb. 13-16 game.

kasane

after not playing for months and being a silver 2 scrub

i played again and got into silver elite. Now im gold nova 1

not sure if i got better somehow or just lucky

danielcw

after not playing for months and being a silver 2 scrub

i played again and got into silver elite. Now im gold nova 1

not sure if i got better somehow or just lucky

You may be better,
but there was also a banwave, removing many hackers,
and read the games/ranks are being readjusted. If you lost against a hacker, it doesn't count anymore.

In my last 3 games I got upranked 3 times.

kasane

You may be better,
but there was also a banwave, removing many hackers,
and read the games/ranks are being readjusted. If you lost against a hacker, it doesn't count anymore.

In my last 3 games I got upranked 3 times.

well i think i actually got better cause im paying more attention now and im taking it a bit more seriously. I noticed that my headshots went up since i lowered my sensitivity. i played 1.3 and a bit of 1.6 but that was millenniums ago

Ludono

To all you lurkers.

Yes, we all hate each other here.

None of us actually play, we just bet skins all the time. Then complain when we inevitably lose it all

How much Odah?

So what are you waiting for? JOIN US TODAY :D

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
I don't know if anyone saw Freakazoid's stream right now but he got 59 kills in a MM.
I thought ok nothing special playing against silvers but in the end everyone else on the server was Eagle and one or two DMG. Like I still can't believe how that's possible. Those guys were playing like the biggest scrubs out there. I know ranking up got easier but not that much that gold novas can suddenly be Eagle.
His teammates who were also eagle were aiming like they just bought the game.

I always thought people who say NA eagle is like EU double AK were bullshitting but I don't know anymore man, that was even worse.

Top Bottom