• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

cHinzo

5ee6b87724.png
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHA
Flusha is calling for Fnatic atm. Teams are going down.

It might be a mental thing, but ever since the new west coast servers went up, I've been playing better. Before I never had a ping below 50. I was always around 80 sometimes even higher. With the new servers I haven't been above 50 once. Generally it's 20s or 30s. It's not like I've been playing or practicing more, I actually play less now. Personally I see ping as the factor for this.

My two cents on the ping thing

Alot of people I talk to always say that ping does not make a very huge difference, but yeah.. fuck that. 80% of my time in CSGO is with like 130 ping, and there was a dark period of 200 ping in MM games. (The struggle of a EU person playing on US servers I suppose).

Requires a whole different playstyle.. With ping like that you always want to be the guy coming around the corner and peeking someone. If you hold a site after plant, and sit there waiting for someone to peek you you're almost certainly already dead. Holding corners is incredibly difficult as well, and often not worth it because you know the other guy is gonna pop your head before you even see him. Alot of things that would be bad habits under normal conditions (being super agressive, always peeking ppl first etc.) are essential here.

Picked up so many shit habits that fuck me over whenever I play with good ping.. lol

All of that is MG and up tho, things at Nova and below are a bit easier because ppl usually have shit reaction times/aim.
Since I play with similar ping to you, I'll add on to that. For the holding down corners, yeah it's pretty bad. I had guys that peek, stop and shoot my head off, then move again, while on my screen it looks like that player did a running headshot on me. I can't win an upfront confrontation for my life against players with low ping unless I get an instant headshot.

Being seen way before you see them sucks ass. I know it's a fraction of a second, but it feels like forever in this game.

cHinzo

Why exactly did HR pick Train when they can't play that map? XD
Kenny also proving people he still got sick AWP skills.

Odah

Banned
Yepp. Typical Titan, lose game almost to 14:16, win insane clutch to make it into OT, proceed to rape in Overtime and go on to third map in order to lose that one.

ChrisW

Man what an entertaining evening, first off I watched a game me and my team played the other day back, cause we were sure two of them were cheating, turns out they were walling and both now have a VAC ban on their account, which is great....but we actually won the game too!

Then tonight I WAS GN3 and rest of the team are GN4 and MG1 we played D2 and smashed this team 14-1 first half and then went on to win the game 16-8 I think and we started T side. Turns out they were all MG1 0_0 couldn't believe it! & an added bonus I ranked up to GN4

Think our team play is definitely working for us on T side cause we seem to be winning loads of rounds on T side, even on CT sided maps. We struggle more on Ct cause of holding more and it being expensive, but we seem to be clicking atm.

Gone 9 games now with only 1 lose and 1 draw

haveheart

Banned
I just won betting 1.20$ on VP. My return should 0.30$ however I got nothing.

In the forum some guys quote that there's a rule that you will get nothing in return if you're reward is below 1$.

What's that? I've won dozens of small amounts (even below 12 cents) before. Is this new?

Odah

Banned
^ You bet on the VP > G2 game right? Well it's HIGHLY likely that you get nothing when you bet >5$ on 80%+ odds

I would have thrown my PC out the window if HR managed to lose d2 after being up 13-2.

Imagine how Titan feel, winning almost every single round in a row, bring the score to 14-15 and then lose a whole b03 including 1 OT without killing a single player in the last round.

If I would be a Kenny, Maniac, rpk .... I'd jump down from the Eiffel Tower

Rivitur

Banned
I just won betting 1.20$ on VP. My return should 0.30$ however I got nothing.

In the forum some guys quote that there's a rule that you will get nothing in return if you're reward is below 1$.

What's that? I've won dozens of small amounts (even below 12 cents) before. Is this new?
That's not true. Csgo has they tendency to screw you over sometime when you are supposed to get returns. Sometime you will get the 30cents returns and sometime you won't. 80% odds haven't fail me so far when it come to getting returns but 90% is hit and miss.

There is no "it's too small you wont get a return" that's a myth .

Top Bottom