• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

haveheart

Banned
But what about color/saturation etc on a 144hz monitor? Heard it's really bad for anything else than gaming.

tbh, I don't see myself spending more money on my monitor than my graphics card. A decent 144hz is >280 € iirc...

soultron

Banned
Colour and saturation are a bit shit when you're running Lightboost, but other than that, it's fucking amazing if CSGO is a game you play all the time.

MayMay

Banned
anyone down for a 5v5 later? I'll probably post an announcement anyway but just seeing if I should even bother.

Not me, but the server is up and running alright - so there should not be any issues in case you guys play. (If Valve doesnt update the game tonight, that is lol) Rcon password is still the same, so you should be able to execute all admin console commands.

If not, just bother Shadownet to type in the commands in the admin panel because I'll probably not be online.

haveheart

Banned
Matchmaking:

Leading 8:0.
Lost one round 8:1.
Our team falls apart. One guy plays his first hour of CSGO, he has one kill after 9 rounds.
Two other players both named Bot start blocking, teamflashing etc. One of them gets kicked, the other one leaves.
Then it's me, another guy who knows how to play and the newb against 5 regular players.

We lose 15:10. We both had about 30 kills, the rest of the team has 5 altogether.

Matchmaking is getting so frustrating. In the past weeks I didn't have one game without ragequitting, griefing and fucking things up for fun.

What is happening? Is it the constant sales?

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Matchmaking:

Leading 8:0.
Lost one round 8:1.
Our team falls apart. One guy plays his first hour of CSGO, he has one kill after 9 rounds.
Two other players both named Bot start blocking, teamflashing etc. One of them gets kicked, the other one leaves.
Then it's me, another guy who knows how to play and the newb against 5 regular players.

We lose 15:10. We both had about 30 kills, the rest of the team has 5 altogether.

Matchmaking is getting so frustrating. In the past weeks I didn't have one game without ragequitting, griefing and fucking things up for fun.

What is happening? Is it the constant sales?

random queeing can be a shit show. Played two games with shala and the first game we had some guy complaining about climbing ladders and the other guy who ran all the way back to spawn, typing insults to our other team mates.

The second game wasn't bad, we had nice people on our team, but the other team there was the typical condescending asshole that thinks he's better than the whole team, and at times would call out positions of his own team mate.

Strider

I laugh every time I catch someone streaming an overwatch. It's amazing how many people use wall hacks but still can't get most of the kills because their aim is so shit. I feel like silvers face the most hackers lol

udiie

so for tonight i think we're at 9 players so far...

omega
overdoziz
soul
phantom
me
atsouououou
sneakypete
crimsonclaw
animl

anyone else up for it?

soultron

Banned
My luck right now is hilarious and sad at the same time.

Trade contract, burned a bunch of purples to get a pink... and it's a P250 Cartel.

Opened a case I got today... it's a P250 Mehdni.

2 pinks... no AWP/M4/AK. C'mon son.

I'll use them in my P250 slots.

udiie

My luck right now is hilarious and sad at the same time.

Trade contract, burned a bunch of purples to get a pink... and it's a P250 Cartel.

Opened a case I got today... it's a P250 Mehdni.

2 pinks... no AWP/M4/AK. C'mon son.

I'll use them in my P250 slots.

i was at about 15 FN awp corticeras until my luck ran dry and i lost all my profits
i should add: they were obtained through trade contracts

I'll be home in about 45 mins

lol, good call on that.. not 10 mins later i hit a deer going about 55 mph. ripped my hood completely off the hinges and pole vaulted that fucker over the roof of my car. surprisingly my battle cry of FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK didn't phase the deer, nor did my horn. can't imagine what the guy driving behind me thought. all in all pretty lucky the hood and deer went up or else the deer likely would have come through my windshield and fucked me up rel good. so much for my plans of a new pc, hoods ain' cheap y'all and i never upgraded my insurance to have proper coverage when i switched from an old pos to my new car. :(

O5lO0k7l.jpg

KingKong

lol, good call on that.. not 10 mins later i hit a deer going about 55 mph. ripped my hood completely off the hinges and pole vaulted that fucker over the roof of my car. surprisingly my battle cry of FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK didn't phase the deer, nor did my horn. can't imagine what the guy driving behind me thought. all in all pretty lucky the hood and deer went up or else the deer likely would have come through my windshield and fucked me up rel good. so much for my plans of a new pc, hoods ain' cheap y'all and i never upgraded my insurance to have proper coverage when i switched from an old pos to my new car. :(

O5lO0k7l.jpg

damn dude, I'd say you got lucky though, thats very little damage compared to what a deer usually does

also I was playing Mirage for the challenge missions and it seems like there's a way to glitch yourself inside the corner to the left of CT spawn so you can shoot people and not even be visible, anyone seen this?

soultron

Banned
Shit, glad you're OK!

EDIT: KingKong, it was published to youtube a few days ago, that's why everyone is doing it now. Valve employees are probably on vacation until 05 January, so I wouldn't expect it to get fixed any time soon. :(

damn dude, I'd say you got lucky though, thats very little damage compared to what a deer usually does

also I was playing Mirage for the challenge missions and it seems like there's a way to glitch yourself inside the corner to the left of CT spawn so you can shoot people and not even be visible, anyone seen this?

Someone used that glitch earlier when I played competitive, I reported him for griefing.

edit: also what time are we playing? it's almost 8 pm here (PST) and my girlfriend wants me to play Minecraft for a bit.

soultron

Banned
Finally had better luck and traded up to a G18 Water Elemental. I'm done burning my skins now. My inventory is much, much smaller now.

MayMay

Banned
Why do you guys always break the server when I'm not there? Second time now, that I'm not part of a 5v5 and the server just dies apparently lol.

No idea what you guys are doing on there >_>

Checked the logs, apparently the server had massive CPU issues,

Code:
05:02:24	ClanForge Control	ny26	Server is using too much CPU for 10 players [157.081 > 128.529000282288] (new) (restarting)	
05:01:28	ClanForge Control	ny26	Server had issues (is using too much CPU for 10 players [166.081 > 128.529000282288] (new)) for 60 seconds (Restarted 0 time(s))	
04:37:26	ClanForge Control	ny26	Server unavailable (restart already in progress)	
04:36:52	ClanForge Control	ny26	Server TIMEOUT (restarting)	
04:35:59	ClanForge Control	ny26	Server had issues (TIMEOUT) for 60 seconds (Restarted 0 time(s))	
04:21:47	ClanForge Control	ny26	Server had issues (is using too much CPU for 7 players [184.707 > 106.470300197602] (new)) for 60 seconds (Restarted 1 time(s))	
04:10:49	ClanForge Control	ny26	Server is using too much CPU for 10 players [160.032 > 128.529000282288] (new) (restarting)	
04:09:53	ClanForge Control	ny26	Server had issues (is using too much CPU for 10 players [135.307 > 128.529000282288] (new)) for 60 seconds (Restarted 0 time(s))	
04:00:27	ClanForge Control	ny26	Server had issues (is using too much CPU for 10 players [145.903 > 128.529000282288] (new)) for 60 seconds (Restarted 0 time(s))	
03:57:36	ClanForge Control	ny26	Server had issues (is using too much CPU for 10 players [144.639 > 128.529000282288] (new)) for 60 seconds (Restarted 0 time(s))	
03:39:38	ClanForge Control	ny26	Server had issues (is using too much CPU for 10 players [139.694 > 128.529000282288] (new)) for 60 seconds (Restarted 0 time(s)
03:24:31	ClanForge Control	ny26	Server had issues (is using too much CPU for 6 players [138.142 > 99.1174001693728] (new)) for 60 seconds (Restarted 1 time(s))

I just set the server back to 64 tick for the time being, maybe that's the issue - (even though that still doesn't explain why that only happens when I'm not around). I can try something around ~100 tick later I guess. lol

Oh well, sorry for the trouble.

Just got back into CS today. Used to play 1.5 and 1.6 all the time in my teenage years.

Now I'm playing aim maps relearning how to control my spread and I'm awful. But hey, at least I know not to run and gun...except maybe with some some SMGs? Is that still viable?

Armaly

So with my knife money I started trading up. Got 4 red line aks, a usp orion, usp guardian, and an awp redline. I'm too scared to actually try to go for an asiimov. My friend went for it and got one. Do tradeups only give field tested stuff? I've only ever received field tested quality weps.

Top Bottom