• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CourtRivals Season 3 thread! Starts July 23rd

Season 3 GAF MVP

Results are only viewable after voting.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
NewLib said:
Miner's agent released the following statement: "Harold Miner is demanding a trade. He is tired of John Starks using all his CDs and Noel Gallagher playing his slam dunk trophies. He also wishes The Machine would not go 0-50 in the 4th quarter. Since he is obviously the best player on the team and is left to the bench because of team jealousy, Miner demands he be traded to a better environment.

He is holding out his services until he is traded."

CRA where awesome happens

Meier

NewLib said:
Miner's agent released the following statement: "Harold Miner is demanding a trade. He is tired of John Starks using all his CDs and Noel Gallagher playing his slam dunk trophies. He also wishes The Machine would not go 0-50 in the 4th quarter. Since he is obviously the best player on the team and is left to the bench because of team jealousy, Miner demands he be traded to a better environment.

He is holding out his services until he is traded."

Miner needs to sit down, take a few deep breaths and realize that things will get better in time. Season is still very early. Look at Rotoguru -- one of the top teams in the game and they're 7-6. Same with Dyestat -- another top team from previous seasons.

Give it time my friend, we'll be back.

Enron said:
GAF Standings update plz
Check your PMs.

I think Mark Price is leading the GAF league in assists/game (5.9). His teammate Will Smith isn't far beyond either (5.4). He gets those assists efficiently too: only 0.8 turnovers per game.

pilonv1

Code:
Division D Standings
Rank 	Team Name 	W 	L 	% 	Rating
1 	Melbourne Ravens 	13 	0 	1.000 	156
2 	Snap Attackerz 	11 	2 	0.846 	182
3 	Back to the Kitchen Part II 	11 	2 	0.846 	172
[b]4 	ACEN 	10 	3 	0.769 	199[/b]
5 	Hoover Sooners 	10 	3 	0.769 	160
[b]6 	OKCityBarons 	10 	3 	0.769 	128[/b]

*shotsfire.jpg*
*freshprincelaugh.gif*

Enron

Banned
pilonv1 said:
yeah which conference you are in is purely based on how many points you have

Yes I know, i figured we'd have enough to get back up to C at least. I don't want to hear no excuses from *ahem* other teams not quite as good as us *ahem* about our record or rank or anything!

J m A v X p

Meier

pilonv1 said:
yeah which conference you are in is purely based on how many points you have

JAX is averaging 22ppg in quality games.
He's killing it. I wish Noel would take as many shots... still hasn't had a single game with over 12 attempts all year. :(

Enron

Banned
Meier said:
He's killing it. I wish Noel would take as many shots... still hasn't had a single game with over 12 attempts all year. :(

A good coach knows how to get the right balance out of his players!

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
If Felton doesn't get a nod for 1st Team All-Defense this year heads are going to roll.

Only 2 guys have dropped more than 10 points on him all season long!! Just because he doesn't gamble for every steal like certain players in the league, he shouldn't be penalized for playing conservatively.

Meier said:
Fewer rebounds, fewer blocks, fewer steals per game. Against inferior competition. There is no comparison.
Jerome plays in a lineup of good boards including fellow Tower Mark Eaton. Go one-one-one with the Defensive Player of the Year and you will recognize what they all recognize.

Mess with the best and get put down like the rest!!!

AirBrian

viakado said:
Tnt coverage coming soon! someone get me top 10 in rebounds, points, assists, blocks and fg% stat so i can post the tnt page faster! stat!
If I wasn't still at the fucking office working on next year's forecast, I'd update them for you. :-(

AirBrian said:
If I wasn't still at the fucking office working on next year's forecast, I'd update them for you. :-(
guess im doing it manually then. jesus christ, there should be a way to do this faster.
someone teach me excel crash course stat!:lol

N-Bomb

ACEN reveals new logo; teamgafs in awe of awesomeness.

acen3.jpg

Film at 11.

AirBrian

viakado said:
guess im doing it manually then. jesus christ, there should be a way to do this faster.
someone teach me excel crash course stat!:lol

Copy the stats from the website and copy/paste into Notepad. They should be tab delimited at this point. You might have to adjust the columns a little bit to get it lined up properly (use the tab key, not the spacebar). Then cut/paste into Excel and it should import OK. Again, you might have to make some slight adjustments to the columns. Once in Excel, you can sort all you want. Cut/paste back into Notepad, adjust your columns, then cut/paste into GAF with the "code" tags.

AirBrian said:
Copy the stats from the website and copy/paste into Notepad. They should be tab delimited at this point. You might have to adjust the columns a little bit to get it lined up properly (use the tab key, not the spacebar). Then cut/paste into Excel and it should import OK. Again, you might have to make some slight adjustments to the columns. Once in Excel, you can sort all you want. Cut/paste back into Notepad, adjust your columns, then cut/paste into GAF with the "code" tags.
sweet, im gonna meddle with that. but maybe next game. im almost done.

and to Acens, for the love of god, don't sport that logo on your avatar. i'll do yours after i finish 2.0's!:D

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
good try N-bomb... what the hell is an acen anyway... maybe a card with Ace

edit Via
select all the data you are trying to sort
data ---> sort ----> sort by the stat number you want.

AirBrian

viakado said:
airbrian, once the data is in excel, how do i arrange them in numerical order?
Are they all in rows? Like, no empty rows in-between teams or anything?

Once they are without empty rows, click on the first cell under the first heading, then the menu option "Data" --> "Sort..." It should highlight everything and give you sorting options. Choose the column heading you want and sort descending. Choose ascending for the TO per game stat.

AirBrian

Your rows look good, but what happened to most of the players' PPG? :lol

And I'm using Excel 2003, so the menus are different. The sorting function is under "Data" though; I know that much.

AirBrian

viakado said:
ok, i think i got it. thanks mall and airbrian!:D
edit: damn, so much faster!

Awesome! Yeah, once you get that process down, it takes no time at all to get the stats going. The biggest time consumer is getting the columns right because Excel is a little bitch sometimes.

DCX

DCX
woodchuck said:
finally. we get to play a playground team next.

after playing 12 straight quality games in a row, we deserve a bit of break.
Told you, some sucker games are coming. We played a murderous schedule. We played hard, hung in there and just couldn't close ut games. We would be closer to 10-3 than 6-7. Now we begin to feed out the same types of opponents ACEN and the Barons have for most of their seasons.

DCX

Enron

Banned
hey, wait a second.....i smell a rat! Why is QUALITY WINS being used as a stat and not QUALITY WIN % ??!!!!?!?!?!

No matter. Acen will have more quality wins AND the best Quality win % once it is all said and done!

Oh no! Acen with a new chemistry! League Trembles!

Top Bottom