• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 |OT| This is what happens Larry...

scitek

L0st Id3ntity said:
Why? I ain't even mad, just tell us why crytek.

Cry-Adam said:
Hi guys,

A lot of CVars were disabled to prevent cheating but as many of you are aware we have literally thousands of CVars so we add the most crucial ones to a whitelist where they can be used.

If you feel there are CVars that should be available that can't be related to cheating (things like draw distances tweaks can give people the ability to hide objects and see players who would normally remain unseen, similar case for clear as day nanovision whilst others remain unclear) then please list them in this thread (or attach a txt file) and we can look into adding them to the available list.

These CVars are disabled to give everyone a fair playing ground. At the same time, we want to give you guys the ability to tweak and customise the game to suit your wishes.

Cheers!

BeeDog

What the fuck is wrong with this piece of shit game?

I figured I'd replay the single-player campaign now that the patch is out and PSN is down. The nano catalyst shit is even more fucked than before; despite reloading, I can't collect a single drop of it since it seems to be stuck at 0 when I bring up the nano menu.

:/

BeeDog said:
What the fuck is wrong with this piece of shit game?

I figured I'd replay the single-player campaign now that the patch is out and PSN is down. The nano catalyst shit is even more fucked than before; despite reloading, I can't collect a single drop of it since it seems to be stuck at 0 when I bring up the nano menu.

:/

Same issue on PC, I've got all the updates except one and no way of getting it cause I can't even collect a single nano crystal

BeeDog

DualShadow said:
Same issue on PC, I've got all the updates except one and no way of getting it cause I can't even collect a single nano crystal

Forgot to clarify that I'm also playing on PC. Do they even QA these fucking patches?

I guess it's up to the community to fix everything when the proper tools are released. Ridiculous.
Well they finally gave the ability to update your logon info to something that will work within game. I'm still fucked out of using my actual name, but at least I can get in there to experience the multiplayer clusterfuck that others have reported. What a mess.

I honestly don't know what they can do at this point to address all the community concerns with the game. I'm still floored (in a good way) that community tools are doing a better job of dealing with some of those things.

Jerk

Banned
Hmm, I am really enjoying this game, but I really hate what they have done to the shotgun. Ugh.

Also, is it safe to patch to 1.3? I have been playing the game as-is, but there are a couple of bugs I really want to see gone.

Drewsky

I blasphemed and bought this on 360 since my rig broke about six months ago. I'm really impressed by how well they did on the console version, I was expecting to be severely disappointed. Granted I haven't played much yet, but my first impression is a good one.

eznark

Banned
Is there a quick save patch for this anywhere? Really getting tired of the check points. If I wanted a console game I would have bought a console game....or maybe I did? /twist

So it's for real, we basically can't edit shit in config files, my game is back to looking the blurry mess it was, can't unlock GI or extra draw distance either, all for the sake of the retarded CoD wannabe multiplayer that no one actually plays anymore, Crytek you sad sad being.

I'm uninstalling this garbage.

Blizzard

Banned
L0st Id3ntity said:
So it's for real, we basically can't edit shit in config files, my game is back to looking the blurry mess it was, can't unlock GI or extra draw distance either, all for the sake of the retarded CoD wannabe multiplayer that no one actually plays anymore, Crytek you sad sad being.

I'm uninstalling this garbage.
I'm kind of glad I didn't pick it up yet. So are you saying they literally disabled the commands that let you get the sharper singleplayer graphics? (I assume they don't work in console either)

They claimed they were accepting suggestions or whatever, maybe someone will suggest that those commands be added back in or at least some sort of singleplayer workaround be possible. It's so crazy.

Brannon

So this is what it has come down to.

Well it has no online pass malarkey, so I'll happily get it one day used. I'm in no rush at all.

U2NUMB

Drewsky said:
I blasphemed and bought this on 360 since my rig broke about six months ago. I'm really impressed by how well they did on the console version, I was expecting to be severely disappointed. Granted I haven't played much yet, but my first impression is a good one.

I have really enjoyed it on the 360... I only have a Mac as a PC so this was my only option and it really is impressive. I am also enjoying the online modes.

Red

Blizzard said:
I'm kind of glad I didn't pick it up yet. So are you saying they literally disabled the commands that let you get the sharper singleplayer graphics? (I assume they don't work in console either)

They claimed they were accepting suggestions or whatever, maybe someone will suggest that those commands be added back in or at least some sort of singleplayer workaround be possible. It's so crazy.
Is there anything the latest patch actually improves?

RobbieNick

Welp, I made the mistake of buying this POS on sale for PS3 for $40 on the same day that online went down. I'm guessing it's only good for online because the campaign mode is a piece of shit! I'm having more fun playing Conduit 2 than this!

I mean, the graphics are absolutely stunning and gorgeous, but the level design is poor and the A.I. is dumb as rocks!! I took a sniper rifle to some guys from far away who's allies were around and they did not react at all! They wouldn't react to THEMSELVES being shot if I was far enough away. Also, there's people in horror or slowly turning to mutants or whatever. If you shoot at them, nothing happens and they don't react. WTF?! Also, got a few "enemies running into wall" scenes.

I'm sure online is great, I enjoyed the demo, but I got enough FPS's to play online right now. I'm trading this game in while I can get some good credit for it. What a disappointment.

Finally finished the campaign. While I still stand by my opinion that KZ3 is still a much superior looking game Crysis 2 has the best recreation of a destroyed modern city. I love all the smoke and sense of scale, especially the night time missions and final level.

When it comes to the A.I. the aliens are dumb. They constantly get stuck on the environment and most of their tactics just boil down to rushing you once they see you. The human A.I. is much better.

I have to give props to the level design though. The game lets you play how you want. I played it as a stealth game, and avoided 90% of all the enemies throughout. I'll take this over a corridor shooter any day.

And it's a good thing the gameplay is fun cause the story and characters are nonsense.

Overall 8/10.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
RobbieNick said:
Welp, I made the mistake of buying this POS on sale for PS3 for $40 on the same day that online went down. I'm guessing it's only good for online because the campaign mode is a piece of shit! I'm having more fun playing Conduit 2 than this!

I mean, the graphics are absolutely stunning and gorgeous, but the level design is poor and the A.I. is dumb as rocks!! I took a sniper rifle to some guys from far away who's allies were around and they did not react at all! They wouldn't react to THEMSELVES being shot if I was far enough away. Also, there's people in horror or slowly turning to mutants or whatever. If you shoot at them, nothing happens and they don't react. WTF?! Also, got a few "enemies running into wall" scenes.

I'm sure online is great, I enjoyed the demo, but I got enough FPS's to play online right now. I'm trading this game in while I can get some good credit for it. What a disappointment.

It's really too bad you feel this way. I absolutely loved the campaign. It's far and away the best campaign in an FPS in a long time (not including Crysis 1).

I honestly don't even understand how you can call the level design poor. The AI is bad? Fine. But the level design? It's fucking top notch from beginning to end.

coopolon

Whenever I try to change my resolution the game crashes. This also happens when I try to turn off V-sync.

Any ideas? I don't really want to uninstall and reinstall since I have no idea how the DRM is set up for this game. I looked in the system.cfg figuring I'd change it there but there's basically nothing there and though I know I could put in commands there to change the resolution, I haven't been able to find any examples of what those commands would be.

Edit: Well I found a workaround. By turning off vsync via the config files I am able to change the resolution once. If I try to change it again, the game crashes. Weird. But I can now play it.

Zimbardo

pc version here ...

the last couple days i'm only seeing like 4 servers. there used to be a shitload of different servers.

what's up with that?

edit: nvm, i had it shortcutted in Steam and it wasn't auto updating. was pointing to the wrong exe file i guess. should have had the shortcut pointing to crysis2launcher.exe instead of crysis2.exe.

ran the launcher exe and it patched itself to the newest version. seems good now. duh!

LCGeek

formerly sane
Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Finally finished the campaign. While I still stand by my opinion that KZ3 is still a much superior looking game Crysis 2 has the best recreation of a destroyed modern city. I love all the smoke and sense of scale, especially the night time missions and final level.

No it's not.

This shit needs to stop an opinion can't be superior however the resolution and way things are done in a game can be. If you make that argument you can't have it both ways despite the wealth of pics in this game that on IQ level of aa af and other things related to precision Crysis2 and 1 bitch smack KZ3 with peoples current choice of pc hardware.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Game is great. Having a lot of fun and I am pleasantly surprised with how the 360 handles the game. I've been wowed a few times to be honest, considering its coming from 2005 tech. The FPS can get downright nasty at certain points though.

Dacon

Banned
I don't get these complaints about "constant" AI failure. Especially for the aliens. I rarely encountered the aliens getting stuck on walls issue(didn't encounter it at all during my supersoldier playthrough), and for the most part they were pretty tough to handle on SuperSoldier.

I definitely don't understand the complaints about level design. I absolutely loved it and felt it was far and away the best level design in a shooter in the last 2 years.

sleepykyo

LCGeek said:
No it's not.

This shit needs to stop an opinion can't be superior however the resolution and way things are done in a game can be. If you make that argument you can't have it both ways despite the wealth of pics in this game that on IQ level of aa af and other things related to precision Crysis2 and 1 bitch smack KZ3 with peoples current choice of pc hardware.

What if he was comparing the PS3 version of Crysis 2 and KZ3? The IQ and frame rate on the Crysis 2 is pretty poor (not that KZ3's frame rate is anything to write home about)>

sleepykyo said:
What if he was comparing the PS3 version of Crysis 2 and KZ3? The IQ and frame rate on the Crysis 2 is pretty poor (not that KZ3's frame rate is anything to write home about)>

Killzone 3 frame rate is damn near flawless in Single player so i have no idea what you are talking about.

Anyone have this bug (?) where their unlocks are always starred when they boot up the game? Every time I go in, at least half of my dog-tags / cutscenes / emails / collectable riff-raff is flashing-starred waiting to be clicked, even though I've already looked at that crap. Not a big deal, but kind of annoying. 360 version here. Love this game.

Gvaz

Banned
catashtrophe said:
Killzone 3 frame rate is damn near flawless in Single player so i have no idea what you are talking about.
Sometimes it gets around 20fps (going by eye here) but I wouldn't say it's flawless because it's totally not 60fps

Jerk

Banned
You know what, aside from a couple of things, I definitely enjoy this game more than I ever did the original (never played Warhead).

I am still not sure if I can conscientiously say that this is the superior game, but I definitely had more fun with it.

Gvaz said:
Sometimes it gets around 20fps (going by eye here) but I wouldn't say it's flawless because it's totally not 60fps

20fps? At what point does it drop as low as that as i have the game and finished it twice and its always been smooth as butter.

The game never aimed for 60fps, it aimed for 30 and even according to Digital Foundy the framerate is very impressive considering everything thats going on the screen.

According to DF and there frame-rate vids it never drops lower than 28fps.

nib95

Banned
I honestly wish I never purchased this game. Instead of a patch with DX11, we get patches that are removing, not adding functionality.

FR are good devs. The Timesplitters series and Second Sight proves that.

I know Haze got a lot of hate (never played it) and the multiplayer in this game is shit, but still. If they got to do their own thing I would bet they're still a good studio.

RooMHM

Foliorum Viridum said:
FR are good devs. The Timesplitters series and Second Sight proves that.

I know Haze got a lot of hate (never played it) and the multiplayer in this game is shit, but still. If they got to do their own thing I would bet they're still a good studio.

They're good console developpers. This type of experience is not enough on PC, you need to up your game son.

Top Bottom