• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 |OT| This is what happens Larry...

TheOctagon said:
Crytek kept the original Crysis close to home, too. That's just how they like to do things, though I'm guessing the console versions went out with the usual EA gush.

At least mine's preloading now - and the PC version's been confirmed to have the original's devmode and command console support. *rubs hands*

13007987013791.jpg

scitek

TheOctagon said:
Crytek kept the original Crysis close to home, too. That's just how they like to do things, though I'm guessing the console versions went out with the usual EA gush.

At least mine's preloading now - and the PC version's been confirmed to have the original's devmode and command console support. *rubs hands*

Here's 3774 console commands for Crysis 2. Have fun.

http://www.gamerconfig.eu/commands/crysis-2/

The best thing is that I've been grabbing the original game again for the last week so all the cvars are fresh in the mind.

r_displayinfo 0
r_nodrawnear 0
r_sunshafts 0
r_useedgeaa 0
r_depthoffield 1
e_screenshot 3 (removes tiling errors)
e_screenshot 1
cl_fov 50
F3 once (fly mode)
F3 again (ghost mode)
*finds action*
e_timescale 0.1
*takes shot*
e_time_of_day 14
*fun begins*

Oh yes.

charsace

This thread shows that most people on here don't know what they're talking about ingards to effects in games.

On another note does the console version have SSS?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
markao said:
Why does IGN have a PC preview version and RPS not?

Answered your own question I think. Ign will probably review it much more favorably ( no offence Arthur ), whereas RPS will go kneedeep into the pc-centric stuff ( which are at this point reduced in favour of a more "continuous" multi-platform quality ).

i.e good press > less good press

nib95

Banned
Nearly 10GB LOL. My current internet (1.5mbs) would die at the thought. Luckily I get 33mb fibre optic on the 30th! Thank God...

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
TheOctagon said:
The best thing is that I've been grabbing the original game again for the last week so all the cvars are fresh in the mind.

r_displayinfo 0
r_nodrawnear 0
r_sunshafts 0
r_useedgeaa 0
r_depthoffield 1
e_screenshot 3 (removes tiling errors)
e_screenshot 1
cl_fov 50
F3 once (fly mode)
F3 again (ghost mode)
*finds action*
e_timescale 0.1
*takes shot*
e_time_of_day 14
*fun begins*

Oh yes.
I cannot wait.

markao

Corky said:
Answered your own question I think. Ign will probably review it much more favorably ( no offence Arthur ), whereas RPS will go kneedeep into the pc-centric stuff ( which are at this point reduced in favour of a more "continuous" multi-platform quality ).

i.e good press > less good press
Ah ok, the tinfoil hat theory explains it all again on GAF, how could I forget and why did I even bother asking.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
markao said:
Ah ok, the tinfoil hat theory explains it all again on GAF, how could I forget.

Ah must feel good to be soo ingorant, it's a bliss afterall. Maybe oneday I'll also believe that everything is rainbows and butterflies and those who even hint at less than fair play are labeled as lunatics/tin foil hats/etc.

edit : also, why the fuck even ask a question like that if you'll never accept the answer anyway? Maybe you thought the answer would be " well RPS didn't wish Crytek happy birthday last week so they'll simply have to sit tight for a retaildisc"?

edit 2 : You're head of marketing at crytek/ea/whatever, you send out review copies to outlets that are more likely or to the ones that are less likely to review it favourably?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I'm about tired of even seeing the words tinfoil hat used. Like "puts on tinfoil hat". Most annoying thing I read on the internets recently.

Spookie

Hari Seldon said:
Do they have FOV sliders built into the final game or do you still need to use console commands?

Considering we can't even adjust the basics (AA, AF) I'd be stunned if they did.

scitek

Spookie said:
Considering we can't even adjust the basics (AA, AF) I'd be stunned if they did.

I don't know, one of those previews earlier in the thread mentioned a drop-down menu on startup with AA in it.

JoeBoy101

scitek said:
I don't know, one of those previews earlier in the thread mentioned a drop-down menu on startup with AA in it.

I saw that too, but didn't see anyone confirm it. Anybody with the PC version or downloaded from Steam yet that can confirm this?

markao

Corky said:
Ah must feel good to be soo ingorant, it's a bliss afterall. Maybe oneday I'll also believe that everything is rainbows and butterflies and those who even hint at less than fair play are labeled as lunatics/tin foil hats/etc.

edit : also, why the fuck even ask a question like that if you'll never accept the answer anyway? Maybe you thought the answer would be " well RPS didn't wish Crytek happy birthday last week so they'll simply have to sit tight for a retaildisc"?

edit 2 : You're head of marketing at crytek/ea/whatever, you send out review copies to outlets that are more likely or to the ones that are less likely to review it favourably?
And on the otherhand we have the assumption is the mother of all fuck-ups.

I just would like an answer from someone who might actually know something, strange not, instead of the general GAF tinfoil hat speculation. There are enough German magazine PC reviews out, that made me wonder why some don't have acces and others do (maybe all on location), simple as that.

About an hour into the PC version. My jaw dropped during the opening sequence and I just now picked it up. The bar is once again set.

But I just died and reloaded for the first time, and melee no longer works. Like, at all. Awesome.

bluedeviltron said:
About an hour into the PC version. My jaw dropped during the opening sequence and I just now picked it up. The bar is once again set.

But I just died and reloaded for the first time, and melee no longer works. Like, at all. Awesome.

AA options, does it have them ?

JoeBoy101

bluedeviltron said:

scitek said:

Answer, please. Does it have a launch console with more graphics options in it?

EDIT: DAMMIT. Thanks.

Dreams-Visions said:
anyplace to pick this up for under $60 for PC?
Well since you missed the opportunity to use the 20% off D2D code this weekend, all you can do is buy a Russian/Eastern European EADM key off of a key site like OnlineKeyStore or IntKeys. Won't unlock until Friday at least, and the customer service may not be the best, and you have to use EA Download Manager.

Gawd... I wasn't planning on buying the game this week... But now, I'm so god damn hyped by all this talk and info that I'm having trouble resisting.

I absolutely loved the shit out of crysis and warhead, but I was planning to not buy new games while I'm devoting time to my back catalogue.

Oh mcfuck I'm pretty sure that I'm almost certainly going to end up caving... Lol

I think I'll wait 'til DX11 drops to pick this up. More info will be out by then as well.

plagiarize said:
at the very least i'm expecting to be able to force off the TAA and force on MLAA.

As far as I'm aware you can force MLAA on anything because it uses direct compute.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
This is starting to have a game of the year feel about it.

Top Bottom