• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 |OT| This is what happens Larry...

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
dark10x said:
Just enjoy the game. You'll be able to come back later and tweak the hell out of the INI files just like Crysis. Did people really end up using the various options in the original? Most people created their own configs rather than relying on Crytek's settings.
Can you confirm they are not encrypted like the demo?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Ickman3400 said:
Nope. I've cranked AA to max on some games before, and all I noticed was a framerate drop so I set it back to either nothing or the lowest AA. Doesn't affect my enjoyment of games at all.

No offence man, but you've got some nerve looking down your nose at people who are upset at, amongst others, lack of customization, while you say you can't even tell the difference between AA and no AA?

Yeah, let us who care stick to things like this then. This is akin to going into the SF4 thread and asking why people are upset that the new fightsticks have 200ms inputlag, " I can't tell the difference "

nib95 said:
If you don't notice the aliasing or lack of AF when playing certain games (including Crysis 2 consoles, no idea what the PC version is like) then you need new eyes lol. Either that, or I envy you. Not being affected by crappy IQ like TAA and 0xAF must be awesome...

It's the "Crysis 1 is not a big deal anymore" junior! :lol

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
it ditches Koreans entirely, instead focusing more on the aliens that were widely thought to have been the weak part of the original Crysis

Glad I'm not the only one that thought this. Good review from Gerstmann, seems fair and conclusive.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
they didnt give a fuck about locks textures right?

playing ps3 version

mxgt

Banned
Ickman3400 said:
That's because I just play games. While I'm actually playing I'm not running off to the side to meticulously check each railing of a stairway for jaggies or whatever, I'm just playing and enjoying.

You don't have to search for jaggies to notice them.

But whatever.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
From IGN

360 version
9.5 Graphics
Crysis 2 on Xbox 360 has taken the crown for best graphics in a console game. It's well animated and the effects are great, but light is always the star of the show.

PS3 Version
8.5 Graphics
Crysis 2 looks great on PS3, but a worse framerate, lower resolution, and missing effects compared to the 360 release hurt it. PS3 owners expect more.

"New game+ hook" ??? Hmm

capture7q89.jpg

Edit: I don't know why this screencap is so big lol sorry

From the graphics portion of the IGN review (which got a 9.5):
Crysis 2 on Xbox 360 has taken the crown for best graphics in a console game. It's well animated and the effects are great, but light is always the star of the show.
Interesting that he mentioned "on the Xbox 360" and also interesting that the PS3 review isn't up yet. I hope the PS3 version holds up. :/

Then again, this is Arthur Gies we're talking about.

EDIT: 8.5 for graphics on PS3. Didn't change the overall score though...

I'm having the exact same goddamn login issues I had with the demo. I can log into MyCrysis.com just fine but it won't work in the game. I made a dummy account from scratch for the demo and it worked, and it'd probably work for the full game, but I'd much rather play with my usual username, and I haven't been able to get an ounce of help on MyCrysis. Ugh.

Great scores! Day one confirmed!

Eurogamer:
Who knows how Crytek managed to squeeze Cry Engine 3 onto the consoles while maintaining such extraordinary level of detail? But this world sits next to Uncharted 2's as the most detailed and well-expressed yet seen on our TVs.
IGN:
Crysis 2 on Xbox 360 has taken the crown for best graphics in a console game. It's well animated and the effects are great, but light is always the star of the show

Big Ass Ramp said:
PS3

9.0 from IGN.

Crysis 2 shines most when you push the Nanosuit to the limits of what you think it can do, and the best moments come from points where you stop and ask "did I really just pull that off?" Crysis 2 is a collection of sandboxes, some enormous in size, all laid out to provide multiple options for tackling your objectives.

THIS is what I was looking for. Sold.

V_Ben

Banned
He (Agies, IGN Reviewer) wrote a nice little paragraph explaining the differences;

The PS3 version of Crysis 2 has particular idiosyncracies. After playing both console versions, and playing through the same set of levels multiple times on both consoles, it became clear to a number of editors at IGN that the PS3 version is lacking somewhat in comparison to the 360 version of the game. The game still looks great on PS3, but the framerate is less consistent, the resolution is lower (in the neighborhood of 10% lower than the Xbox 360 release), and certain graphical effects and some lighting appear dialed back. In layman's terms, there are more jagged edges in the PS3 version of the game, and things get choppy more often than its 360 counterpart, which hurts controller response. The 360 is not immune to this, it just doesn't happen as often.

His PS3 graphics blurb;

Crysis 2 looks great on PS3, but a worse framerate, lower resolution, and missing effects compared to the 360 release hurt it. PS3 owners expect more.

Cornbread78

Patrick Bateman said:
"Crysis 2 on 360 is the best looking console game this generation."

And what about the PS3?

:/

Fuck those reviews. It's always the same.

Confirmed, Reviewers are fanboys too, LOL...

Rengoku

cyberheater said:
From IGN

9.5 Graphics

Heh, from the same guys who gave Modern Warfare 2 a 10 in graphics?

Gvaz

Banned
cyberheater said:
From IGN

360 version

PS3 Version

Did they seriously give it a whole point less simply for graphics?

I'm going to say then that that 9.5 is inflated and the 8.5 is the "real" score.
Also IGN is worthless, but that's beside the point. Crysis 1 owned but I'd never score it more than an 8, and warhead maybe an 8.2-5. maybe.

edit: also 5 is average not 7. don't equate scoring videogames to academia thanks.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Gvaz said:

I'm going to say then that that 9.5 is inflated and the 8.5 is the "real" score.
Also IGN is worthless, but that's beside the point. Crysis 1 owned but I'd never score it more than an 8, and warhead maybe an 8.2-5. maybe.
I think they consider it more of an experience to have good graphics like that on consoles I suppose.

Gvaz said:

edit: also 5 is average not 7. don't equate scoring videogames to academia thanks.
That's not the overall score, only the graphics score. Both versions got a 9.0 overall.

Gvaz

Banned
The_Darkest_Red said:
That's not the overall score, only the graphics score.

Seems you're right.

Well, a 9 seems rather high. I'll have to play it myself to see how right they are.

Though IGN does tend to rate games higher than they actually are.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Gvaz said:

PS3 version confirmed as the technically inferior version.

Top Bottom