• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cube World |OT| Who ever said the world was a sphere?

Anyone having any luck with multiplayer over LAN? I created a multiplayer world and they are trying to join by entering my IP in the connect to server dialog but it's not connecting for anyone.

Mognet

glad to see some of you finally able to register

messing around and trying to climb everything is some good fun
iqLGt8PLmA2HH.png

recorded a video of my friend and i playing around with our gliders. looked for the tallest mountain and jumped off it. fun stuff!
i'm horrible at climbing trees

It seems like you might have to use Hamachi to get multiplayer working from what I am reading? Hmm...

My multiplayer world is not showing up in the multiplayer world list for other users on the LAN. When I run the server application, I can connect to the game by IP, but no one else can.

Skab

It seems like you might have to use Hamachi to get multiplayer working from what I am reading? Hmm...

My multiplayer world is not showing up in the multiplayer world list for other users on the LAN. When I run the server application, I can connect to the game by IP, but no one else can.

Port needs to be opened. 12345.

Zomba13

I've been waiting to throw money at this since I first saw it years ago. Why am I so close yet still so far ;_;

How on earth do I buy from a merchant? I keep trying to click the items in the shop and nothing happens. I have plenty of money. I can't drag and drop the items into my inventory either. Help me plz!

Ok, Nevermind, I'm and idiot and I figured it out. Apparently I was buying glass flasks when it was making a noise whilst clicking on it.

Kouriozan

I'm just exploring and learning and I already fell in love with this game! And it's just the Alpha, hope it'll get bigger and better!

My newly made character, a lizard mage, I really like the art style.
y64.png

Skab

I'm seeing people say that as the game gets further into development the price is going to go up, kinda like Minecraft did.

If true then I might as well buy it sooner rather than later I guess.

Mognet

I'm just exploring and learning and I already fell in love with this game! And it's just the Alpha, hope it'll get bigger and better!

My newly made character, a lizard mage, I really like the art style.
http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/1876/y64.png[img][/QUOTE]

it get's so much better after buying your glider

[quote="Skab, post: 68198146"]I'm seeing people say that as the game gets further into development the price is going to go up, kinda like Minecraft did.

If true then I might as well buy it sooner rather than later I guess.[/QUOTE]

on the picroma site the dev states that the price will get higher each testing phase

[quote]The alpha will be available for a lower price than the beta version and the final version. We're planning to release updates regularly. Updates are free. [/quote]

[url]https://picroma.com/cubeworld[/url]

[quote="b0neshank, post: 68198416"]How do you get a pet? I have multiple pet food types but can't figure out to use them.[/QUOTE]

you need to use certain pet food with certain pets

for example, the bunny can only be tamed with a carrot

here's a link that should help you [url]http://cubeworldwiki.net/index.php/Category:Pets[/url]

Xyber

How do you get a pet? I have multiple pet food types but can't figure out to use them.

Equip the right food for the right animal and it will start to eat automatically when you get close.

A tip for those who don't like the night, just find a campfire with a bed. Time passes much faster when you are sleeping, even in multiplayer when it's only you in the bed. A night passes in a couple minutes then instead.

Edit: Also, the ranger is broken as fuuuck now. He can do some long jump and as long as you keep jumping you don't lose the speed. Combine this with the glider and you can fly the same distance it takes 5 minutes to walk in about 30 seconds.

How on earth do I buy from a merchant? I keep trying to click the items in the shop and nothing happens. I have plenty of money. I can't drag and drop the items into my inventory either. Help me plz!

Ok, Nevermind, I'm and idiot and I figured it out. Apparently I was buying glass flasks when it was making a noise whilst clicking on it.

The crafting and buying process in this game is a tad bit "WTF how do I do it". I am embarrassed to admit that I have had this game for about 10 hours so far and only NOW discovered how to buy shit from the shops (you use the right mouse button to buy stuff) and I have only just discovered now how to craft health flasks :-/

ys45

Just got a horse but how i am suppose to ride it ?
Tried with r key or e and nothing happen even tried the CTRL key

Anyone know ?

iFirez

Such a fun game, I'm level 15 now, played all today with my friends, I got it when it first came out the other day but was a little bored just playing in single player - multiplayer is a blast though.

I'm an Orc Warrior... who rides a Bunny... yep only because I haven't found a crocodile yet.

Me and my attacking pet 'John Snow' the crow

TROLL!

Autumn Land

Desert Pyramid

Panoramic image of my first starting city

eorl

Banned
I figured it would probably be best to make a short FAQ for those struggling with some of the concepts that Cube World offers in its vast world. Let me know if I miss anything or needs updating.

What are the controls?

Pressing F1 in-game will open up the control layout, which is pretty straightforward. Currently you can not remap keys, and the Xbox controller does work, however you have to start a game first and the plug the controller in for it to be recognised.

What do you do? I'm lost!

The world of Cube World is procedurally and randomly generated, so on the basic level it just never ends. A map is available that will display what you have discovered, but it will also highlight several handy icons.

When first jumping into a new world, it is always best to find the closest city. This is marked on your map with a small village sign. At the city, you'll find a number of vendors including a potion vendor for making health potions, your class trainer for assigning skill points and quests. These quests will be marked on NPCs with little green dialogue marks above their head. Quests in Cube World are random and never "end", in that their will always be quests in your world similar to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

My game lags!

Cube World isn't the most intensive title available on PC, but it will need some good tech inside your PC or laptop. You can find the recommended specs on the first post of this OT, which should give you an idea on what you'll need. Do note that this is an alpha client, so it will be varying in optimisation.

Where can I find pets? How do I tame them?

Almost all of the animals in Cube World are tameable. The trick is to finding their favourite food in order to win them over and help you out. Once you've found some pet food, simply navigate to the pet tab in your bag (press B and find the little cat icon tab) and right-click the food. You'll place it in your hands and if the food is right, begin taming the animal.

Hostile creatures will not attack you if you are taming them, and if you would like to rename your animal you can type /namepet yourpetnamehere. You can rename your pet as many times as you like, however at this moment a name can only be one word long. To mount an animal you will need the appropriate skill point to do so.

What is crafting?

Crafting in Cube World requires many ingredients, just like your usual RPG. You will need to find the base ingredients, or if you are lucky a vendor will sell more high-tier ingredients. If you find an ingredient in the wilderness, simply attack the item to "destroy" it and you'll be able to pick it up.

Pressing C will bring up your crafting dialogue where you'll be able to browse a number of weapons, armour, food and miscellaneous items. Some recipes required a crafting table or spinning wheel, these are found in the crafting district of a city.

How do I join a multiplayer/host one?

Making or joining a multiplayer is actually fairly easy. Simply open up your install directory (where Cube World was installed) and you will find a Server.exe file. Run this (you may have to run as administrator for some) and a new world will be created. The ports to forward for people on online networks to connect is 12345. If you do not know how to portforward, a fairly easy guide over here can help.

When running a multiplayer server, you can not choose a world sadly. It seems to be randomly generated at this moment, however I presume further progress will be made. The current playable limit on players is four, however you can connect more than four though their health bars will not be shown. All your character stats will be brought over including all items and pets.

What are these swords on the map?

Glad you asked! These are world bosses, and can either be very, very difficult or fairly easy depending on your level. When you enter the region you'll gain a notification saying that the world boss needs to be killed, which you can find at the swords. They will also be marked individually on your map and can be spotted easily by their size. Killing them will reward you a large amount of XP and some very rare items.

What NPC coloured names do what?

I don't actually know the full list on this one, so if anyone else could answer that would be much appreciated. I do know that the colour Red is very difficult and most likely very high level.

Stoze

What I should have done. I had no idea you needed an account to buy it though. Should have paid more attention. :(

Same here :(. I've been following this game for so long too, I remember Wollay shooting for last spring as a release date for the alpha. He's added a lot of stuff since then so I can't blame him though.

Friend roped me into buying this but

"User registrations are currently disabled due to server maintenance. Please try again later."

*shakes fist*

Surprised I only heard about this today, seems neat. How long before I can register?

Damn, this ruler of the mountains is tough. I can kill all the Minotaurs but I can barely dent him. Maybe because I'm only level 4?

smr00

Banned
So has it been said if this is like the Minecraft model where i pay now and i get all updates/final version? Or am i just paying for the alpha version and then have to pay again for the final verison?

Kouriozan

So has it been said if this is like the Minecraft model where i pay now and i get all updates/final version? Or am i just paying for the alpha version and then have to pay again for the final verison?
You pay for the Alpha at a lower price than Beta/Full and get all updates just like Minecraft.

Talamius

The entire world goes pitch black for about an hour of playtime, and as far as I can tell there's nothing you can do about it but deal with it. And it's really fucking annoying.

F key by default turns on your iron lamp. Unsure if it's upgradable.

As an alternative whenever you are in a city, talk to the innskeeper to reset the game world time to 7:00 AM. However, this resets enemy health.

nataku

Finally got the registration to go through.

Now I wait on the email.

EDIT:

The card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different credit or debit card number.

Why the fuck not, Paypal?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Is wood/minerals a random drop or do I need to gather it? If so, how can I chop down trees?

Also, beware of my lvl 2 sheep, all of you evil creatures of this world:

Top Bottom