• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 |OT| The Future Is Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Night.Ninja

Banned
Night.Ninja Night.Ninja you're playing on Series X right? How's resolution for you brother? That 60fps as stable as the livestreams led to believe? And how's the bugs 😂

Its definitely not 4k lol I want to say 1080p the game doesn't look sharp you can tell its not new gen, performance mode is the way to go its not a locked 60fps but it's more than playable.

HDR looks beautiful, sounds is amazin and works with quick resume.

Few bugs
  • Floating guns, seen once.
  • Sometimes it doesn't allow you pick speech text, but a simple save game reload fixes it. Happened twice so far.

I am VERY happy with what I have played so far

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
Its definitely not 4k lol I want to say 1080p the game doesn't look sharp you can tell its not new gen, performance mode is the way to go its not a locked 60fps but it's more than playable.

HDR looks beautiful and works with quick resume.

Few bugs
  • Floating guns, seen once.
  • Sometimes it doesn't allow you pick speech text, but a simple save game reload fixes it. Happened twice so far.

I am VERY happy what I have played so far
Sounds great, I like 1080p just as much as 4K tbh as long as the game runs well and a mostly reliable 60fps sounds great to me!

Hope you keep enjoying it man!

If you've got no interest in open world games and know it's not going to be your thing, what's making you want to buy? Genuine question, I'm not sniping at you. For me it's the world - it looks so atmospheric.

Its the World and Art style. I feel like the whole package (Art, Graphics, World, Story, gameplay) is something I want to be part of first hand, but I don't think I'll particually WANT to put several dozen hours into it but I feel its a game you really need to. I really want to as it seems like it could be Incredibly unique.

Last edited:
I preordered this on PC via Amazon. I guess they are shipping me a physical copy with a GoG download code inside. I wonder if they will email me the code when it releasss later today?

Last edited:
You playing on Series X or a last gen Xbox?
Xbox One X. The biggest torture is navigating menus with that pseudo-cursor. Whoever thought that this is a good idea... well, I don't like him/her.

Also... the bugs. Oh, the bugs. NPCs talk to you without moving their mouth, weird collision and item psychics. I was peeking around the garage and one of the boxes just started flying around. I recently played Prey so I freaked out that it might be a mimic. :messenger_grinning_sweat: You jump off the cliff and hit run your character's shadow will have falling animation long after you are on the ground and running in a straight line. Cop's car just outside of the garage is not a car, it's a static object that can't be moved. That's just in like 5 meters radius from the starting area.

The biggest disappointment thus far is the physic engine. It seems to be very, very limited and glitched.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Am I the only one that thinks the game still looks great in these stills captured on console? Yeah the resolution isn't the crispiest thing ever but the artstyle is outstanding.
Not at all. I think it looks more than fine, people are just being overly harsh and critical IMO per usual.

I mean, to each their own, but those screens show a game that looks better than a number of titles that have come out in the past year.

Last edited:

Brute

Its the World and Art style. I feel like the whole package (Art, Graphics, World, Story, gameplay) is something I want to be part of first hand, but I don't think I'll particually WANT to put several dozen hours into it but I feel its a game you really need to. I really want to as it seems like it could be Incredibly unique.
Personally I'd wait for a few months in that case - until it's been patched a few times.

I've ordered the disk version but not going to play it for a while as it sounds buggy as hell right now.

-Shodan-

Neo Member
So I started up playing....and well it does not really look good. Like let's say passable 2017 game, when X1X came out. I would say that Witcher 3 looks considerable better. I think the closest thing which is to this is Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and that looked better. Also why I am mentioning Deus Ex, fine people of that Polish company who is responsible for those Czech voices in MD (and that's not localisation everyone got them) is also responsible for translation to Czech for this game and it's nothing short of terrible. Formal language with some sort of edgy/folk version of the words, mixing relentlessly formal/non-formal speech and yeah, I quickly switched to full English.

Here are screens, pretty terrible, if you ask me.

https://ibb.co/SrVgGJc
Going by the shots provided it doesn't look bad at all? I'm sure evaluating it in motion and natively on the big screen is a completely different story, but still.

I was just playing Mankind Divided on PS4 Pro and yeah, it looks nothing like that.

Personally I'd wait for a few months in that case - until it's been patched a few times.

I've ordered the disk version but not going to play it for a while as it sounds buggy as hell right now.

It was either this post or Similar where I last discussed this, and that was the decision I made. Wait until the Next Gen patch and wait for the bugs to be ironed out a bit. But I got FOMO reading through this thread.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Going by the shots provided it doesn't look bad at all? I'm sure evaluating it in motion and natively on the big screen is a completely different story, but still.

I was just playing Mankind Divided on PS4 Pro and yeah, it looks nothing like that.
It's probably that 4k TV which makes it look all that worse.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Got mine DL on XSX and switched to NZ. Started up at 5:00cdt. Too bad I work today. But can play beginning at 5pm. But if I waited to get the physical tomorrow I would be downloading all night tomorrow and wouldn't get to play until Friday after work. So I was impatient, but get to play 2 days before I normally would have. I'll get the physical down the line.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
What attributes you guys pick at character selection? The descriptions are kinda limited, I did:

3 body
4 intelligence
6 reflex
6 technical
3 cool

Hugare

Look at the subtitles around the screen, those are fully sharp. So not it's not compression. You should probably get some, it really does not look good in any stretch of imagination.

Just unlock it, nothing more, it's not separate mode.

Sadly not yet. But it's like overly plasticy or how else to put it, everything looks as if it would have a matte finish.
Fully sharp? You gotta be fucking kidding me

Subtitles, quest detail and menu looks like they are rendered at 360p

I find it VERY hard to believe that they would let it render at that resolution

In 9h I'll see for myself when I start playing on the PS4, but honestly, Its hard to believe

Brute

It was either this post or Similar where I last discussed this, and that was the decision I made. Wait until the Next Gen patch and wait for the bugs to be ironed out a bit. But I got FOMO reading through this thread.
I've bought it for the Series X and I'll also wait for the next gen patch I think.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Fully sharp? You gotta be fucking kidding me

Subtitles, quest detail and menu looks like they are rendered at 360p

I find it VERY hard to believe that they would let it render at that resolution

In 9h I'll see for myself when I start playing on the PS4, but honestly, Its hard to believe
Look at that "Arthur Jenkins" on the top of the first screen, that font is rendered without any glow or effect that font is sharp.

eDCNATV9G7nt6kpoxnPqCS-970-80.jpg

Wait, this doesn't include console versions?! I had it in my head that tonight at 7pm I'd be erecting cyberpunk on ps5!

raviolico

Sorry, it´s an obssession in open world games for me: How interactive is the water? Physical reactions? RDR2 god tier level? Waves, ripples when stepping in etc? And the vegetation..in the PS5 streams i´ve watched there was no visible movememt in the trees or grass...anybody who already played the game...please report. thanks. ;-)

GHG

Xbox One X. The biggest torture is navigating menus with that pseudo-cursor. Whoever thought that this is a good idea... well, I don't like him/her.

Also... the bugs. Oh, the bugs. NPCs talk to you without moving their mouth, weird collision and item psychics. I was peeking around the garage and one of the boxes just started flying around. I recently played Prey so I freaked out that it might be a mimic. :messenger_grinning_sweat: You jump off the cliff and hit run your character's shadow will have falling animation long after you are on the ground and running in a straight line. Cop's car just outside of the garage is not a car, it's a static object that can't be moved. That's just in like 5 meters radius from the starting area.

The biggest disappointment thus far is the physic engine. It seems to be very, very limited and glitched.

Don't let MMaRsu MMaRsu see this.

He will tell you you're jumping to conclusions and to wait for a patch.

Hopefully the PC version fairs better.

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
I will say, watching a PS5 livestream from Mr Dalek JD, it looks absolutely amazing but there is some slight pop in, lights in tunnels, traffic crossing signs on the road, crowd density doesn't look too bad, but not too great either.

DonJorginho

Banned
Lots of bugs in one of the main montage cutscenes on the PS5 version, so much pop in and characters standing motionless just sliding around 😂

Nothing the day one patch can't fix though I bet.

Last edited:

b0bbyJ03

my biggest dilemma with this game is whether I'm going to play as a female or a dude. lmao. the default chick is hot as hell and I'd rather look at her and listen to her voice the whole game but if i'm gonna be romancing females, maybe I'd rather do that as a dude. game time decision incoming. haha

Tesseract

Banned
my biggest dilemma with this game is whether I'm going to play as a female or a dude. lmao. the default chick is hot as hell and I'd rather look at her and listen to her voice the whole game but if i'm gonna be romancing females, maybe I'd rather do that as a dude. game time decision incoming. haha

MMaRsu

Aint nothing wrong with some girl on girl action you know :p

Freeman76

There was no patch for me on series X. I preloaded it on Monday is it possible the patch was included in that download? My friend text me saying he had a 15GB patch today on series X?

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
Fuuuuck i can't decide if i'm gonna start the game tonight or if it's better waiting for a couple of patches.

I don't know if i have the strenght in me to postpone the game...

Sorry, it´s an obssession in open world games for me: How interactive is the water? Physical reactions? RDR2 god tier level? Waves, ripples when stepping in etc? And the vegetation..in the PS5 streams i´ve watched there was no visible movememt in the trees or grass...anybody who already played the game...please report. thanks. ;-)
Ah, a fellow water fetishist! I only saw a brief clip of someone swimming and you couldn't really tell how interactive the water was but it was definitely NOT RDR2 level effects. Looked ok though compared to other games.

KO7

Didn’t realize Best Buy Canada doesn’t ship preordered copies until the day of release, so I won’t be receiving the physical copy until Friday at the earliest :/. Damnit, should’ve preordered instore.

diffusionx

Gold Member

Is this you?

BoQzLqdCYAAtmkJ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom