• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 |OT| The Future Is Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok game is literally melting PCs

My 3080 reached several hundreds higher rpm than I have ever seen before and I was already throwing all the supposedly heavy tests at it - whole pc went into PS4 jet engine mode :D

If anyone is interested (3900x, 3080, 32 GB of ram)

Corpo rat prologue - 1440p, Ultra preset with ultra RT - I had over 40 fps in office. After enabling DLSS at Quality it kept 70+ whole way up to the club.
Haven't checked further yet since I need to go to work tomorrow sadly :(

But the way it looks and operates lightning is something I have never seen before. This is literally new Crysis and it will be performance benchmark for years to come.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
how the f do you raise athletics? It’s not obvious like using a shotgun or hacking stuff

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
About 11k concurrent players on Steam missing until they crack 1M. Photo finish time.

Edit: About 8k left now. They'll probably reach 1M in 15 minutes. Steam updates these stats on the store page every 5 minutes.

Edit: The gap shrunk to roughly 5k. This is HAPPENING

Edit: Put on your seatbelts, we're about to land. 2.4k left until touchdown. AAAAAAAH

Last edited:

skneogaf

Wow is absolutely amazing, the city feels and looks like nothing I've played before. Gta 6 will surely rival it but so far I'm very impressed.

cudiye

Genuine question. My backlog is pretty full on ps5 collection and cold war atm. Was considering picking this up today but i heard a few reviews stating that its best to fully experience this when all the bugs have been smoothed out.
Should i wait for ps5 upgrade or buy now?

Dr. Doak

You can’t sell them?
I'm still in the tutorial mission. I have no idea what I'm collecting and why I should pick all those items up. I'm not able to use some of these items. Some things are junk and other things are crafting materials but why should I keep them during the tutorial? I'm lost. I'm two hours in and still in the beginning.
Basic actions are explained but everything else is just....there. This is not a bad thing btw...I'm just confused. My inventory is full of things I don't understand.

Last edited:
Genuine question. My backlog is pretty full on ps5 collection and cold war atm. Was considering picking this up today but i heard a few reviews stating that its best to fully experience this when all the bugs have been smoothed out.
Should i wait for ps5 upgrade or buy now?

Personally, I’d buy it now from what I’m playing - I mean sure if you want wait, but IMO the doom around this is FAR overstated. Looks basically as good as a regular next gen game but in a way more detailed world - jank isn’t NEAR Bethesda level. Frame rate has not been a problem. I don’t know am I having some unique experience here?

Like I was expecting things to be WAY worse. This is in better shape than most open world games stability wise - and it definitely looks the best and plays the best.

Last edited:
I'm still in the tutorial mission. I have no idea what I'm collecting and why I should pick all those items up. I'm not able to use some of these items. some things are junk and other things are crafting materials but why should I keep them during the tutorial? I'm lost. I'm two hours in and still in the bginning.

You played the Witcher? It’s similar to that, you can either break em down for parts or, sell em. There’s just a lot more stuff

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
I'm still in the tutorial mission. I have no idea what I'm collecting and why I should pick all those items up. I'm not able to use some of these items. some things are junk and other things are crafting materials but why should I keep them during the tutorial? I'm lost. I'm two hours in and still in the bginning.
You can mass sell junk, it will auto sell it

every other item has a description as to what it does

armor, weapons, etc can also be broken down for crafting

Hugare

Will be funny seeing this game get GOTY at the VGA next year

Until there, CDPR will release dlcs, patches for next gen ... The word of mouth about this game will get even bigger, I think

The hype won't cease even after launch anytime soon

lefty1117

Gold Member
It's like the WoW of open world games. Doesn't do anything completely new, but it polishes different elements into a high quality production. Very early into the game yet but so far it's quite good.

Last edited:

Dr. Doak

You can mass sell junk, it will auto sell it

every other item has a description as to what it does

armor, weapons, etc can also be broken down for crafting
You played the Witcher? It’s similar to that, you can either break em down for parts or, sell em. There’s just a lot more stuff
Yeah, I've played Witcher 1-3. This makes sense then. Sell junk and keep crafting materials to level up your weapons.

no, playing on xsx and having a blast
All right great I thought I was going crazy. Like this is one of the best looking games on series x yet lol. My only issue is I got it for both series x and ps5 but haven’t played the ps5 version. Does anyone know which is best? Cus I’m gonna let my buddy borrow the lesser version.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs

Until there, CDPR will release dlcs, patches for next gen ... The word of mouth about this game will get even bigger, I think

The VGA's tend to forget any game released after November 15th for the following year's show

Yeah, I've played Witcher 1-3. This makes sense then. Sell junk and keep crafting materials to level up your weapons.
Yeah you don’t get the ability to do it till you go to your apartment tho - after that tho yes you can break down and use parts to either upgrade weapons, craft or sell the items

pogggggereree

Neo Member
giphy.gif

This thing is 5k away from hitting 1,000,000 players on steam. good lord.

only game getting near this number is GTA6.

what a launch. heres hoping to some robust post launch support!

Last edited:

John2290

Finished the prolouge for Nomad, looked better than B-roll and ran as smooth as a Sony exclusive. It looks twice as good as I thought it would, it's very remenisent of the style in Sekiro.

Nope this is better than Witcher 3 imo - just because the gameplay itself is far smoother and fun to play

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
All right great I thought I was going crazy. Like this is one of the best looking games on series x yet lol. My only issue is I got it for both series x and ps5 but haven’t played the ps5 version. Does anyone know which is best? Cus I’m gonna let my buddy borrow the lesser version.
I think Valhalla looks better in 4K HDR. But once the next gen upgrade comes out next year then this may look better

klosos

Just played the first two hours,loving it so far, going to bed now to get up before mid day and jumping straight back in. I definitely made the right choice with picking female Vee her voice is excellent

Pc performance thread? Games running really well for me so far

hollams

Gold Member
I'm having a hard time reading the Journal and such because of the red text and I don't see away to change that either.

Mhmmm 2077

Ladies and Gentlemen!

We officially hit 1 MILLION SIMULTANEOUS PLAYERS on Steam alone (and it's continuing to grow!).

To put it in perspective - The Witcher 3 had under 100k simultaneous players on release (on Steam).

It became #4 most popular Steam game in less than 3 hours since release.

I think that's a huge success. Congratulations, CDPR.

pa6qZG5.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom