• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 |OT| The Future Is Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dampf

Question for PC players, how much worse is Night City performing compared to the Badlands? Getting pretty good performance so far.

TheFawz

I'm playing the game on PC via GOG and I keep crashing in Character select when changing through the options, usually back and forth on the same one. Powered through to get away from it and then crashing within minutes in-game.

Have a pretty high end PC (3080, 8700k, 32gb RAM, SSD) and running at reasonable settings. Made sure to validate game files, check for update, turn off all overlays and restart my PC but the game keeps crashing. Ran various benchmarks and all run without issue so doubt it's system stability, especially since I formated yesterday. Anyone else running into this?

skneogaf

Anyone know which character creation settings will create the two in the trailers?

I hate character creation so I just want to make those two.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
I'm playing the game on PC via GOG and I keep crashing in Character select when changing through the options, usually back and forth on the same one. Powered through to get away from it and then crashing within minutes in-game.

Have a pretty high end PC (3080, 8700k, 32gb RAM, SSD) and running at reasonable settings. Made sure to validate game files, check for update, turn off all overlays and restart my PC but the game keeps crashing. Ran various benchmarks and all run without issue so doubt it's system stability, especially since I formated yesterday. Anyone else running into this?
You got the new drivers installed? Just guessing here.

MastAndo

Spent 45 minutes in the character creator because I don't know how to make a decision, then about 30 minutes playing as a Nomad. The game looks phenomenal. It controls pretty well too, so far.

Problem is, and this doesn't come as a surprise, I've already gotten a few horrendous bugs. One bug knocked me back about 300 meters when I tried to jump on a box, but even worse, I can't currently drive anywhere. My car is just stuck in the garage, not responding to my controller. I'm going to try restarting the game after I grab a bite to eat, but I'm hoping that's all it takes.

Exentryk

All downloaded with patch and everything, but stuck at work :/
Oh well, at least the OST is sounding glorious!

Can't wait to start playing!

So who picked having a big anteater?

giphy.webp

K.S v2.0

Banned
I'm stuck at work, all I got to do is make sure it runs before I had to leave, bah. Why do they gotta release gaem on a THURSDAY?!...

Man all the concerns people were bringing up beforehand - now after playing the game for a bit (about an hour or two in) psychotic expectations or downright just trolling. Tons of pedestrian traffic graphics are great except maybe low texture resolution at points? Pop in happens but isn’t overwhelming - world is interactive where it matters, gameplay is smooth as fuck. People were straight up tripping this is actually EXCEEDING what I expected right now

Also there is A LOT of sexual content in this game - and that sexualization is clearly a part of what makes this dystopian. The “mix it up” poster completely makes sense in this world where everything has become a commodity - and every gender is sexualized throughout to the level of satire. So everyone calm down

Last edited:

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Man all the concerns people were bringing up beforehand - now after playing the game for a bit (about an hour or two in) psychotic expectations or downright just trolling. Tons of pedestrian traffic graphics are great except maybe low texture resolution at points? Pop in happens but isn’t overwhelming - world is interactive where it matters, gameplay is smooth as fuck. People were straight up tripping this is actually EXCEEDING what I expected right now
What Platform?

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Question for PC players, how much worse is Night City performing compared to the Badlands? Getting pretty good performance so far.
Performance is great for me on Ultra on my 2070 but I play on a 1080p monitor.

Holy shit this game is incredible looking. They actually undersold it in the videos, probably for the sake of consoles. This is a true next gen game.

What Platform?

I’m playing on series x, I just switched it to New Zealand. And I maybe ran into like - ONE bug so far? This actually is a next level open world game. They have blended a story driven immersive sim with a GTA level open world. I’m very impressed.

Last edited:
WTF is up with the character creator screen with the mouse jumping around randomly sometimes. its the first thing you interact with in the game, how is it buggy lol

very good creator though

Last edited:

Dampf

Performance is great for me on Ultra on my 2070 but I play on a 1080p monitor.

Holy shit this game is incredible looking. They actually undersold it in the videos, probably for the sake of consoles. This is a true next gen game.
Thats cool but it was not the point of my question! I wanted to know how huge the performance difference from Badlands to Night City is

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Anyone playing this on Xbox Series X and having a reasonably stable experience?
Well, it is, one quest got fucked, but reloading save (auto) fixed it, FPS is around 40-60FPS, picture is like 1080p in 60FPS mode...

Reave

Looks pretty good on Stadia. Seems to be pretty much like what people say it looks/runs like on XSX. Performance/Fidelity toggle and all. Hits 60fps easily (so far).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom