• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 |OT| The Future Is Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
hWeAlry.jpg
Jesus, what is it with so many big releases have shitty HDR implementation?

ajanke

i7-7700k @ 4.2 GHz, GTX 1080, 32 GB DDR4, SSD drive (820 MBps W / 840 MBps R)

1440p, 'High' preset, so no ray tracing or anything special. Crowd density is high.

Out in Night City my FPS hovers around 35 almost at all times, will drop to 30 if a lot is going on, especially while driving. When I am inside a building just strolling around it will go over 100 at times.
mines around 70FPS I got i9 9900k name and a 2080ti I’m on 1440p with ultra ray tracing :)

Hugare

PS4 here, just started, Street Kid

Game is reaally pushing the PS4 to its limits

Looks good in terms of effects, character models and etc. But image quality? Damn

Must be running at 720p most of the time, I swear to God

Performance was really good so far tho

Textures also look really low resolution

They must be using TAA, which is a good solution, but for a game running in low resolution and with low textures, it agravates things even more. Image is really soft.

Loving the feel of the weapons, stealth also seems smooth. Gameplay in general seems to be really polished compared to other games of the genre (miles better than the Deus Ex games)

Its far from being the best way to experience the game. But I'm sure that I'll have a damn good time

HotPocket69

Banned
PS4 here, just started, Street Kid

Game is reaally pushing the PS4 to its limits

Looks good in terms of effects, character models and etc. But image quality? Damn

Must be running at 720p most of the time, I swear to God

Performance was really good so far tho

Textures also look really low resolution

They must be using TAA, which is a good solution, but for a game running in low resolution and with low textures, it agravates things even more. Image is really soft.

Loving the feel of the weapons, stealth also seems smooth. Gameplay in general seems to be really polished compared to other games of the genre (miles better than the Deus Ex games)

Its far from being the best way to experience the game. But I'm sure that I'll have a damn good time

Base PS4?

Pantz

So annoyed with games that can't get HDR right and/or have a user friendly HDR settings menu. Who ever thinks it's a good idea to have your fine tuning reference image change every few seconds?

Probably going to play with it disabled and maybe try again if they get it right for the next-gen version.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
This is the best looking game I have ever seen. It’s fucking incredible.

100%. I'm saying this running on High at 1440p (with dynamic resolution scaling down to 75%) and High settings, no RTX.

I'm really enjoying the game, but I'm tempted to stop playing until next week when my RTX 3080 rig will arrive.

I used the New Zealand trick on Series X to play the game 12 hours earlier than my time zone would allow. 12+ hours of gameplay later, I can already say that this is a very special game. I have never played anything of the sort, and it's not even a compliment or a criticism: there's simply no games like this around. The Witcher 3, Watch_Dogs, The Division, Borderlands, Skyrim - they all share similarities for sure, but Cyberpunk 2077 is its own breed of videogame, and I appreciate that.

At first I was... fairly unimpressed, actually. The graphics looked incredibly blurry and poorly detailed, turns out the performance mode of the game is just incredibly toned down. While I always opt for 60fps where possible, the trade-off here is simply not worth it. Everything looks muddy, there's no shadows, lights and smokes are flat as hell, people look like they're made of plastic. I wasn't gonna play a 30fps game anytime soon this generation, but the gap between the two modes' look here is too damn high. DIRT 5 and Valhalla looked fine in the higher framerate mode, this game does not. That should be fixed.

When I went for the graphics mode and got used to the lost "art" of 30fps, things started to click. The game's world is marvelous. Characters are varied and cool. I must have spent at least half an hour in photo mode by now. While the default poses are a bit wacky, you can make some incredible stills in this game's world that just invites you to create magnificient stills. And like Valhalla, much of the experience is that: looking, exploring, absorbing what this digital world has to offer. The fact you can interact with nearly anybody (even if with pre-packed convos most of the time), that there's so much interactivity and animated billboards - it's all so lively and cool.

The RPG aspect seems pretty deep already, but at the same time, it feels somewhat superfluous at times. Pushing towards more effective stealth and better interactions with the world in the form of hacking, forcing or talking is great, but once a firefight erupts, it all kinda becomes irrelevant: you're hugging covers and shooting at braindead enemies with giant healthbars like it's The Division. It's not a bad thing in itself because the first person shooter module is solid enough, but for how deep and varied the rest of the game feels, this one element seemed a bit too standard. It's enjoyable enough to go on however.

What's a bigger issue right now is the glitches. Sometimes objectives glitch out. I encountered several freezes where the game stalled for 10-15 seconds, sometimes even during a fight, once even two times in a row separated by a frame or two. Characters walk through me, they disappear into the ground, a lot of loot can't be picked up as it falls into other objects, I once died jumping from 3 meters high on full health, controls can be wonky, exiting photo mode "locks" the button you were pressing prior, and so on. There's a lot to fix. Nothing gamebreaking, but it's certainly one of the most glitchy high quality triple-A games in a while. Seems like a Bethesda game, though at least the saves seem to be working fine.

The last bullet point I'd touch on is loot. It feels excessive. I'm a bit of an OCD guy in games as I Iike to pick up everything. Well, every enemy drops a weapon. Sometimes clothes and other items. Every room has like 4-5 things you can interact with, maybe more. And at the end of the day, 99% of what you find is salvaged, sold, because once you find a good item that you mod it's probably not gonna be a random weapon on the ground that's gonna change your life. Sure, the solution is not picking everything up you might say. But the loot game, in general, feels fairly unimpressive in that sense, as I keep finding the exact same items all the time with barely any difference in stats. Oh well, at least it's giving me badass clothes.

I focused on a lot of negatives, but it's only because this game is hyped as hell and one of the biggest releases in gaming history. It's a great game with touches of brilliance all over the place, and the first 12 hours on day one flew for me. I do want to see some large fixes and performance upgrades though, because the game does feel a bit close to a beta often. But a Cyberpunk 2077 "beta" is still superior to most games released in the last years, so...

pogggggereree

Neo Member
what platform are yall playing it on? I have a ps5 and im on the fence...

1070ti and 6700k here. Think i can run this decently at 1080p?

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
The opening areas (as nomad, got up to where you pick up your 45 or whatever from the gun vendor after the initial missions/tutorials) run surprisingly well on my PC (3770k/gtx1080). No counter but it feels smooth so probably around 50fps with medium/high settings (high for those important to me, like the last detail/lod one) though I might just increase the graphics, lock to 30 and play with a gamepad given the horrible un-PC menus (think Oblivion, lol). I'm not impressed with the graphics or any part of it yet. It feels super clunky like the 2020 equivalent of Deus Ex: Invisible War in 2003. There aren't many graphical options and in particular I'm annoyed there's very little in terms of lod distance for stuff, even just wandering in the protagonist's small initial apartment and looking at the door from the far corner then walking towards it has the shadow on the door pop-in. Much of the clutter objects everywhere are similar and just materialize as you run around (hate this in so many modern games). My PC probably couldn't handle higher distances but I also can't turn off that clutter altogether either. Bigger environment elements also have really obvious and close up lod switches . Also it has very unrealistic systems, get seen shooting some random for no reason (I was just testing) and police will spawn in and home in on your ass, even from dead ends that were clear just a moment ago and such. I guess this sort of thing is to make it more RPG style than normal action game but even The Witcher or TES games didn't have that so abrupt and just had the proper npc guards and stuff show up when alerted rather than crazy spawns, right? It's definitely not an immersive sim game given stuff like this. So many minor bugs so far too, npcs disappearing in floors or floating in some weird pose, similar for objects, collision issues, checking the mirror shows my character messed up, bald, sometimes naked, instead of with my clothes/looks, there's just a general unpolished, clunky feel (like, go and try shooting your gun while carrying a body, lol?).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
what platform are yall playing it on? I have a ps5 and im on the fence...

Yeah, you would easily be able to play at 1080p and High settings. Probably would get 40+ FPS.

Ten_Fold

Ok so after watching too much of this game, I don’t understand how does sjw hate this game? You can make LGBTQ character if you want? Once this game gets the patch it needs. I would say it’s probably the best hyped up game all year.

Is anyone playing on the Xbox Series X that can share what quality the game is - as far as graphics and framerate?
I’m playing on quality mode, haven’t noticed bad frame rate at all - runs pretty damn smooth. Some low res textures but it honestly looks phenomenal. And the 30fps isn’t choppy like the 30fps demons soul mode - it feels really smooth like last of us 2 or something

Komatsu

Hi, Trishul.

I have a workbench and I set this up to test the game on:

Ryzen 5 3600 (only about 7% faster than your CPU)
16 GB RAM (DDR4)
AORUS B450
GeForce GTX 1070

Running it easily on Med, hovering around 50. Looking pretty good too.

My main PC, with an i7 9700F and a RTX 2060 Super is running it with most settings on Ultra, RT on and DLSS and getting around 50-70FPS right in the middle of Night City

Last edited:
Ok so after watching too much of this game, I don’t understand how does sjw hate this game? You can make LGBTQ character if you want? Once this game gets the patch it needs. I would say it’s probably the best hyped up game all year.

Right now as it stands - never played a game like it. With the depth of this totally fictional cyberpunk world it’s - so far up my alley. But I don’t actually get the hate AT ALL now because when you play it you quickly realize corporations are sexualizing everything to sell it to the masses in this world. Like the whole “mix it up” poster is actually completely relevant to the game world. I’d be shocked if any actual trans person played this game without previous bias and felt attacked by it in any way.

[QUOTE="Balducci30, post: 261489613, member: 781941"

Also there is A LOT of sexual content in this game - and that sexualization is clearly a part of what makes this dystopian. The “mix it up” poster completely makes sense in this world where everything has become a commodity - and every gender is sexualized throughout to the level of satire. So everyone calm down
[/QUOTE]

That mix it up poster is everywhere lol. Ree would go into cardiac arrest every 5 minutes.

pogggggereree

Neo Member
Hi, Trishul.

I have a workbench and I set this up to test the game on:

Ryzen 5 3600 (only about 7% faster than your CPU)
16 GB RAM (DDR4)
AORUS B450
GeForce GTX 1070

Running it easily on Med, hovering around 50. Looking pretty good too.

My main PC, with an i7 9700F and a RTX 2060 Super is running it with most settings on Ultra, RT on and DLSS and getting around 50-70FPS right in the middle of Night City

Hey thanks a lot for the reply. That's encouraging. I haven't been able to get my hands on a gpu so I haven't bothered upgrading anything else.. I was going to wait and see how the ps5 version stacks up with the update but I kind of want to play it over the coming weeks.

Much appreciated! Hope you enjoy the game.

Chiggs

Gold Member
What's a bigger issue right now is the glitches. Sometimes objectives glitch out. I encountered several freezes where the game stalled for 10-15 seconds, sometimes even during a fight, once even two times in a row separated by a frame or two. Characters walk through me, they disappear into the ground, a lot of loot can't be picked up as it falls into other objects, I once died jumping from 3 meters high on full health, controls can be wonky, exiting photo mode "locks" the button you were pressing prior, and so on. There's a lot to fix. Nothing gamebreaking, but it's certainly one of the most glitchy high quality triple-A games in a while. Seems like a Bethesda game, though at least the saves seem to be working fine.

I'm thinking I'm going to wait to play this until the next patch comes out.

I just pointed my gun at someone in the middle of the street and they shot up thousands of feet into the air and disappeared, like it was The Rapture.

I'm thinking I'm going to wait to play this until the next patch comes out.

I just pointed my gun at someone in the middle of the street and they shot up thousands of feet into the air and disappeared, like it was The Rapture.

That's fair, besides, game seems unoptimized on PC and it lacks the proper next-gen upgrade on XSX and PS5 too. It's a work in progress by all means, guess they could not delay it any longer. If you want to have an ideal experience, come back in a year or so. And I tell you that as someone who is enjoying the game very much, as you could read from my post.

Chiggs

Gold Member
That's fair, besides, game seems unoptimized on PC and it lacks the proper next-gen upgrade on XSX and PS5 too. It's a work in progress by all means, guess they could not delay it any longer. If you want to have an ideal experience, come back in a year or so. And I tell you that as someone who is enjoying the game very much, as you could read from my post.

Completely agree. You can tell there is a ton of potential here, and the lighting is just perfect, IMO. It's truly beautiful. I feel bad for anyone not playing with ray-tracing.

Tahj

Playing on an I-9 9900k, 16gb RAM, & a 1070ti - running alright so far, been playing for an hr or so, 1440p...hope it continues!!

Hugare

Base PS4?
Yeah

Pop in is pretty bad sometimes.

There's a scene with Jackie in the prologue that he is driving around the city and when he reaches a garage, it just loaded right in front of the car. It was pretty bad.

And I cant state enough how low the resolution is. I'm pretty sure it reaches 720p quite often.

As someone who has played GTA V on the PS3, yeah, it certainly reminds me of that

Rex_DX

Gold Member
Playing on an I-9 9900k, 16gb RAM, & a 1070ti - running alright so far, been playing for an hr or so, 1440p...hope it continues!!

Damn this gives me hope. This game has got to be the swan song for my 1080 Ti. Yet I feel like you're ahead of the curve with an i9. I'll also be doing 1440, only ultrawide so ... fingers crossed.

HotPocket69

Banned
Yeah

Pop in is pretty bad sometimes.

There's a scene with Jackie in the prologue that he is driving around the city and when he reaches a garage, it just loaded right in front of the car. It was pretty bad.

And I cant state enough how low the resolution is. I'm pretty sure it reaches 720p quite often.

As someone who has played GTA V on the PS3, yeah, it certainly reminds me of that

I’ll be firing it up on the Pro in seven minutes...

magnumpy

they wanted to get this game out before the end of the year. even with the bugs. I'm not such a delicate princess though who absolutely can't stand to have my toes stepped on, I will live and just wait for some patches to do a real playthrough.

Jdroop

Damn, they weren't kidding when they said this thing looks great. Just had a chance to play the opening hour or so and it definitely feels revolutionary for an open world game. The tech is on another level.

They were also right about the bugs, but hopefully it'll get sorted out.

But yeah, pretty amazing what I've seen so far.
Right
CDPR can't do inventory...lmao. I'm lost, completely lost. This game is amazing but what the hell am I supposed to do with all these items!?
lol I’m just picking up everything I see. Cards, fans and guns etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom