• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 |OT| The Future Is Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
lol I’m just picking up everything I see. Cards, fans and guns etc
Same but will probably hit a limit, when I got the first lvl up I saw some of the perks or whatever are to increase carry capacity or something.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Here we go!!!

YRaZNnx.jpg

ForestVSea

Finished playing through all the unique 3 backstorys before they reach the same point, they seem to be about 30 minutes each. I think nomad is definitely the best.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
So in ultrawide the black bars kick in during certain menus and it cuts off actual information on each side...nice.

This was a thing in the Witcher 3 before a shit-load of patches, sadly. Still it was kind of understandable in 2015, but ultrawide support should be a given for a 2020 release. Looking at you, too, RDR2.

JayK47

Finally was able to play for a little bit. Crashed. Downloaded new video card drivers and has been fine since. So far the game looks great. I am not liking V's voice so far. I was not able to remap the keyboard to my liking (could not change F). So I may try a controller next time. Pretty lame that I am unable to fully remap my controls. The game has so many other settings, but I can't even do something as simple as remap all controls to my liking. I wonder if I will be able to fully explore the world at some point.

mr.dilya

Banned
One thing I will have to get used to is the HUD....shit is wayyyyy too busy and colorful. Nothing I can't get used to though.

I am playing with a controller. Too much going on with the controls to play this with a KB/M in my opinion.

Isendurl

Guys, do not be afraid to experiment with different stuff in this game.
I just got a quest where Im suppose to meet somebody and I just randomly decided to call different person and that person actually gave me new info that could potentially completely change the outcome of the quest (not sure about that yet).
Nothing in the journal or in the dialog gave me any hints that I can do this, I just decided to try it on the fly.

Last edited:

MrMephistoX

So it just unlocked for me where’s the Day 1 patch on Series X? I thought it was like a huge install but it’s only taking up 59.3gb?

Rex_DX

Gold Member
One thing I will have to get used to is the HUD....shit is wayyyyy too busy and colorful. Nothing I can't get used to though.

I am playing with a controller. Too much going on with the controls to play this with a KB/M in my opinion.

Man it's funny how this works. I can play something like Elite: Dangerous with a HOTAS and like 82 inputs and be fine. Then something like RDR2 comes around and it's like ... nope; controller time! Getting the sense this will be the same type of game.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Oh my god... so many perks. 5 main attributes, each with multiple trees of 15+ perks and abilities each! This is going to take a while to dig through!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I'm calling it a night, choombas. First impressions: Fucking incredible.

This is the first game that's made my 1080ti struggle on ultra. Switched to high and getting 60 - 80 fps.

No bugs to speak of. Gameplay is smooth and responsive. Graphics and are jaw dropping. I'm playing as a street kid and there's already been a few super intense moments that left me itching for more.

Atmosphere is next level. The music, fashion, lighting, attention to detail...just mind blowing stuff. CDPR knew what the fuck they were doing.

Will be playing again ASAP and I can't wait. Also, nice job canceling this game resetera :messenger_tears_of_joy:. Hope you weirdos choke on your girl dicks.

scalman

Game takes lots space because all 10 languages takes about 47gb. Steam version with just eng language is just about 57gb with day 1 patch.
It can run 30 fps 1080p on gtx 1060 on ultra and about 50fps on medium still looks better then blurry consoles i think. So runs pretty well. No need anything more then was needed for legion or valhalla

Last edited:

GenericUser

I haven't played enough to say anything about the gameplay, but in terms of atmosphere, this game is easiely the game of the gen. Easiely, not even a close contest. It even outshines bloodborne which has a fucking phenomenal feeling and atmosphere.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
I haven't played enough to say anything about the gameplay, but in terms of atmosphere, this game is easiely the game of the gen. Easiely, not even a close contest. It even outshines bloodborne which has a fucking phenomenal feeling and atmosphere.

What if Bloodborne could be played at 1440p ultrawide at 60fps though? Some kind of black magic, PC setup? Even then, still?

Odradek

Banned
Well shit. My shop didn’t have any copies for Xbox so I had to get for PS. I wanted to play it on my Xbox Series X for the performance/quality options but I guess I’ll have to spin it on my PS5 instead. Hopefully the PS4 version runs okay on PS5.

IgnotumCL

Runs smoothly with all rtx in ultra with my 3080 FTW3. The only bug is I can't take some items trash from the floor sometimes

Xdrive05

Wow... this is really something! I have to call it quits for the night. Started as Nomad and made it to the first ripper doc. My little GTX 980 4GB is hanging in there just fine, to my surprise. I'm playing a mix of medium and high settings and getting 35-55 fps with vsync on 60. It's smoother than on 30 for me so I'm leaving it higher to get every last little frame lol. I've seen a few bugs but nothing game breaking; just NPCs that clip into each other, saw jackie's pistols floating at one point, little stuff like that rarely. I'm sure they'll get that stuff patched as well.

The immersion is incredible at this point in the game. The options and the city itself is almost overwhelming. It's quite a spectacle! Loving the audio design, too.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
So far this absolutely rules. The graphics are definitely PS4 level but super smooth and will only get better with patches and the free PS5 update.

Driving looks really awesome, in motion the world is fucking gorgeous. It has the attention to world design you see in Witcher III as well. Really looking forward to spending a lot of time in this world!

I did see one bug while I was driving out of town some guy was floating in the air on the other side of the road lol. Love it.

Last edited:

GenericUser

What if Bloodborne could be played at 1440p ultrawide at 60fps though? Some kind of black magic, PC setup? Even then, still?
I play cyberpunk on the PS4(pro) and yes, Bloodborne is incredible and has some of the best moments in videogame history, but the atmosphere in cyberpunk is just on another level. It's really a new gold standard. In my head, I imagined the slums of FF7 to look like some parts of night city. Square enix should take a look at night city and apologize for their shitty version of the slums in FF7 remake part one.

I'm stuck at work now, for the next 9 hours, but I can't stop thinking about cyberpunk. Fuck my life.

What difficulty are people playing at?
I chose hard.

Last edited:

DeaDPo0L84

My first night with this game is just not going the way I had hoped. Between the screen flickering issue and the ass performance in the city even after turning down multiple options, it's really dragging the game down for me. I am playing on a 3090fe so figured I wouldn't have to worry too much about messing with settings, guess I was wrong. The screen flickering issue is legit making me want to just go to bed cause it's pissing me off.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
I play cyberpunk on the PS4(pro) and yes, Bloodborne is incredible and has some of the best moment in videogame history, but the atmosphere in cyberpunk is just on another level. It's really a new gold standard. In my head, I imagined the slums of FF7 to look like some parts of night city. Square enix should take a look at night city and apologize for their shitty version of the slums in FF7 remake part one.

I'm stuck at work now, for the next 9 hours, but I can't stop thinking about cyberpunk. Fuck my life.

I chose hard.

Nicely put. It'll be there when you come home though. Hope you have a swift work day.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Ended up getting the Steam version so I can play it in bed :messenger_smiling_with_eyes: on GeForce Now when I feel like it, and when I went to link it in GeForce Now it had GoG and Steam options. That means you can link your GoG/Steam account and use GeForce Now free, or upgrade to the monthly premium for $4.99. Feel kinda bad now, but I'll end up double dipping anyway to support CDPR.

I had to tend to a bunch of shit earlier, so I'm just about to dive in. I'll be taking the red-eye flight with whoever is just starting. Ready to rock!

Last edited:

bargeparty

I haven't been thrilled with the controller... controls. Tried tweaking some of the advanced options, sensitivity, ramping, etc., But it's just not very smooth. Granted I play like zero FPS's with a controller so maybe I just need to adjust.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I don’t think I’ve seen a bug yet, v1.03. No hitching or anything either and shit loads super fast off nvme
I have seen some very inconsequential bugs, a character walking through a closed door, a couple jumpy animation hiccups, that kind of thing, but no, it does not appear to be terribly buggy for an open world game at launch.

And yeah load times are about 5-6 seconds, amazingly.

GenericUser

Game also benefits immensly from HDR. Though they don't have a proper calibration screen. I just set the values to whatever I thought looked fine and rolled with it. Impressed with the results, but I don't know if I did it right.

And yeah load times are about 5-6 seconds, amazingly.

I saw the early PS4 video from last week and there were like 3 minutes loading times, now the initial load takes like 25 to 30 seconds I think. Incredible work by the team. Crunch sucks, but I love you for what you did here CD projekt!

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Yes some of the textures are PS4 level but those will get updated with the next gen version. We have to remember they had to prioritize last gen specs since PS4 has the far bigger user base. It runs super nice on PS5 and this is the version optimized for last gen. Essentially we will see a PS4 game turn into a PS5 game! We are going to see massive improvements rolling out for free and this is a good place for the game to start. The art design the voice acting the gameplay is all there and it’s all so wonderful!

At its very worst this game looks no worse and is no buggier than Fallout 4, a game that everyone loved. In fact I’d say the animation UI and qc is all heads above anything Bethesda has done.

Loving it so much more than I even expected! CDPR you are the masters of the meaningful fantasy open world game!

Last edited:

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
mines around 70FPS I got i9 9900k name and a 2080ti I’m on 1440p with ultra ray tracing :)

Yea, I've let my system get out of date... so, no more fucking around, this arrives Friday (placed my order about 45 minutes ago):

qdQX24Q.png

I'll add my current 1TB SSD as a secondary drive for files and non-game apps, and once the RTX 3070/3080's get back down to reasonable prices I'll cop one and sell this 2080 Super. It's Christmas time, treating myself.

Last edited:

JonkyDonk

Played a few hours just now. Game runs ok on 1080ti, 1440p all settings maxed except for RT of course, and frame rate is smooth enough for the most part; gets a bit rough when driving.

Not quite sure how I feel about the game at this early stage. There are some very impressive things about it. It certainly has a strong atmosphere and feels vast, but we'll see how long that feeling will last. So far I don't have any real grasp on the world or the systems or combat. It's mostly been just talking to people and trying to make sense of all the jargon they throw around constantly. Movement is a bit fiddly, difficult to feather the stick to walk without breaking into a run. Driving is similarly weird at times. Had to adjust the camera movement abit cause it felt very off to begin with. Thankfully no real bugs to report just yet.

Story is hard to immediately get invested in. You meet a lot of characters very quickly and not all of the writing lands perfectly. But I am intrigued by some of the things being setup in the intro, and the overall vibe of it is certainly interesting.

Last edited:

ajanke

Yea, I've let my system get out of date... so, no more fucking around, this arrives Friday (placed my order about 45 minutes ago):

qdQX24Q.png

I'll add my current 1TB SSD as a secondary drive for files and non-game apps, and once the RTX 3070/3080's get back down to reasonable prices I'll cop one and sell this 2080 Super. It's Christmas time, treating myself.
Hell yea. I have my crowd density all the way too and in the city even crowded I get 80-85 FPS in some parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom