• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

zkorejo

The city is beautiful and so varied. After 20 or so hours I got to see little china and few other locations I don't even remember the name of and it all looks so different yet futuristic.

Did the "beast in me" side quest..

. I saved Sampson but haven't gotten Sampson's call yet. I skipped 7 in game days but nothing, is it also tied to level requirement?

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
Has anyone finished the Epistrophy series of side quests for Delaman? I finished the Badlands one as my last mission, and every time I find the car it glitches up my cell phone video call. After doing the mission, I can't seem to call anyone without my video call being glitched.

Black Chamber Black Chamber - the OT2 playlist is... *chef's kiss*

aakYPjR.gif

I AM PLAYING THIS GAME FOR THE THIRD TIME NOW. MY WIFE IS THREATENING DIVORCE IF I DON'T LEAVE THE BASEMENT BUT I DON'T CARE! HYPE ON
I spent about 5 months curating that tracklist🤘
This one is criminal!
Hopefully one of the expansions will remedy this.

Synthwave artists probably come a lot cheaper that most of the artists they did manage to acquire.

You nailed it. That is exactly how it works.

Okay so I'm noticing items called "skillshards" that upgrade your abilities.

If I pick up a skill shard for quickhacking and I have 10 intelligence and 10 quickhacking, that skillshard would have normally given me 11 quickhacking but since I don't have 11 intelligence it's just wasted and does nothing? Is that correct?

DonJorginho

Banned
Double jump leg mod completely changed the game for me, insane how I can go onto some of the highest skyscrapers in Night City and in missions it gives me a completely new way of scoping out the environment around me and allows me to traverse so organically.

Also when paired with mantis blades makes you a stone cold killing machine that strikes fear into it's victims.

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone finished the Epistrophy series of side quests for Delaman? I finished the Badlands one as my last mission, and every time I find the car it glitches up my cell phone video call. After doing the mission, I can't seem to call anyone without my video call being glitched.
Try restarting the game?

TIGERCOOL

yeah spot on, im only 5 hours in. Nomad
My only hesitation in recommending you stick with it is that a proper next gen console update might be worth waiting for. It does absolutely improve. Everything will come together for you. There's a brilliant game beneath all the clutter and initially clumsy mechanics.

DonJorginho

Banned
How's everyone's playtime, street cred and level looking?

Im at 32 hours played now, at Level 27 with a Street Cred level of 50, Nomad lifepath.

That's annoying.. i don't actually care that the weird Freudian exercise of assigning myself a large dick has been taken out of my hands, but i do feel like I'm getting less for what I've paid for... If there's no nudity in this game because i bought it in Japan.. that's pretty awful, and i hope i can get it as free dlc or something

Yes sucks. Thats one of the reasons I stopped buying disc versions of games.

JP version is probably also no decapitations or dismemberments. Most JP certified games like like that...

Cyberpunk non censored version has plenty of both of those.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
It's really unfortunate how bad the AI is in this game. Tons of enemies will just kind of give up on life and stand doing nothing while you destroy them. Their ability to cope with changing situations is dismal.

Honestly seems a bit worse than Fallout 4 in this respect. Still love the game for its atmosphere, visuals, and story, but CD Projekt Red is basically 0/4 in my book in terms of making satisfying combat.

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
How's everyone's playtime, street cred and level looking?

Im at 32 hours played now, at Level 27 with a Street Cred level of 50, Nomad lifepath.

35 hours I think I’m level 15, I don’t remember

I spent a lotttt of time just exploring and wandering

Barely into act 2

Pantz

Does the materials required to upgrade an item ever stop incrementing? Is there a limit to how many times you can upgrade an item?

Hadoukie

Had this same problem. Only thing I could do was go back to an earier save, which was hours prior. Really pissed me off, and soured me a little on the game.

Okay so I'm noticing items called "skillshards" that upgrade your abilities.

If I pick up a skill shard for quickhacking and I have 10 intelligence and 10 quickhacking, that skillshard would have normally given me 11 quickhacking but since I don't have 11 intelligence it's just wasted and does nothing? Is that correct?
Skill shards are just free exp for the corresponding skill. If your skill is already maxed or currently capped by your attribute then it's useless.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
Try restarting the game?
Tried multiple times. Ended up going back to a previous save and will skip the side quest.

Had this same problem. Only thing I could do was go back to an earier save, which was hours prior. Really pissed me off, and soured me a little on the game.
Did you end up finishing the mission in your reloaded save? I tried, and kept running into the problem.

Last edited:

I finished it.

After you find all the taxi AI. You do a mission back at Delaman HQ.

There are 3 options.
  1. Kill Delama core to set the personalities free.
  2. Reset the core to wipe them out
  3. Merge the personality back into the core. (Requures 10 int)
I chose option 3. But it does not seem to impact much. The voice of the AI is a bit different depending on the option. Also you are gifted the car. But that taxi sucks to drive anyway. Its like a boat.

darrylgorn

Unintentionally? 🤔

Rayderism

Playing on a PS4 Pro......

Enjoying it immensely! Love the futuristic setting the game conveys. As a fan of sci-fi shows and movies, this game is refreshing compared to all the medieval style open-world games. SO burnt-out with the medieval open-world setting.

This game has that magical ability to make you think you played for maybe an hour, but then you look at the time, and 3 hours went by. I think to myself, "3 HOURS!? But I hardly did anything." Everything is just so interesting and enjoyable that you don't get bored while (apparently) wasting all that time. Heh.....sign of a good game.

Even though I don't use my laptop for gaming (other than legacy emulation), it IS a pretty capable laptop (Alienware) with an RTX 2070 8gb maxQ. Has an Intel Core I7 8750h CPU and 16gigs of system RAM. 512gb SSD, plus an internal 1TB HDD. The laptop's screen is only 1080p, so it would probably run the game decent enough, maybe even with some ray-tracing, and that DLSS stuff. (never messed with DLSS before) Since it wouldn't be pushing the res, and I'm ok with anything at least 30fps or better, I'm thinking I MIGHT get some decent results. Considering double-dipping just to see how much better it would be with all the bells-and-whistles turned on.

killatopak

Gold Member
I keep thinking if I should buy the game now or wait until February for the patches...
Depends on your tolerance of bugs. I think I’ve been playing for 40 hours already and I’ve crashed more or less 5 times with occasional graphical bugs that just needs a save/reload to fix.

Playing on a pro.

darrylgorn

Playing on a PS4 Pro......

Enjoying it immensely! Love the futuristic setting the game conveys. As a fan of sci-fi shows and movies, this game is refreshing compared to all the medieval style open-world games. SO burnt-out with the medieval open-world setting.

This game has that magical ability to make you think you played for maybe an hour, but then you look at the time, and 3 hours went by. I think to myself, "3 HOURS!? But I hardly did anything." Everything is just so interesting and enjoyable that you don't get bored while (apparently) wasting all that time. Heh.....sign of a good game.

Even though I don't use my laptop for gaming (other than legacy emulation), it IS a pretty capable laptop (Alienware) with an RTX 2070 8gb maxQ. Has an Intel Core I7 8750h CPU and 16gigs of system RAM. 512gb SSD, plus an internal 1TB HDD. The laptop's screen is only 1080p, so it would probably run the game decent enough, maybe even with some ray-tracing, and that DLSS stuff. (never messed with DLSS before) Since it wouldn't be pushing the res, and I'm ok with anything at least 30fps or better, I'm thinking I MIGHT get some decent results. Considering double-dipping just to see how much better it would be with all the bells-and-whistles turned on.

Using a 2060 laptop, I can tell you that it performs pretty well at 1080p. The biggest factor is whether or not to hit the psycho button on screen space reflections.

It will be close to 60 pretty consistently without that on, even with the minimal setting for ray tracing and DLSS at quality.

With it on, it can still perform pretty well in most cases but there are moments it can drop to as low as 45.

Last edited:

GenericUser

Man, the game controls like ASS on playstation (pro) and the performance is also really shitty. The whole game is blurry and every input feels delayed and the ADS sensitivity just sucks. I really want to play the game, because it looks so fascinating, but I can't. Hard to forgive CDPR this cockblock. Yes, I'm mad.

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
Lol just did the side quest that was a reference to an episode of The Office

Pretty amazing

jbortz78

Man, the game controls like ASS on playstation (pro) and the performance is also really shitty. The whole game is blurry and every input feels delayed and the ADS sensitivity just sucks. I really want to play the game, because it looks so fascinating, but I can't. Hard to forgive CDPR this cockblock. Yes, I'm mad.

changing the controls and activating advanced and putting like everything under there to 0 helps.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Had a crash so bad tonight on PS5 that it turned my console off. Never seen that. Can you imagine if my shit bricked because of the game? 👀

I'm finding it really hard to make a Caucasian character.. all the presets look vaguely asian, anywhere from the fertile crescent to Japan, and while there's nothing wrong with those ethnicities i wanna play as myself and, well, I'm Caucasian. Also, my version of the game doesn't seem to have penis customisation or a nudity option.. ps4 pro, Japanese box.. i wonder what's up with that
But is there a tentacle option?

Last edited:

Shouta

They really need to add some QOLs to crafting like creating multiple items at a time and an indicator for ammo when you make it, lol. I made some nice Legendary weapons for myself though like a Smart SMG that has 900 DPS. All the other weapons I get are barely 300-400, lol.

GenericUser

changing the controls and activating advanced and putting like everything under there to 0 helps.
i tried it, it's still ass. It feels as if everything has a severe input lag. Reminds me of Battlefield 3 on the PS3. ADS is also WAAAY to sensitive. For a game that relies heavily on the shooting controls, that's a no-no. People complained about the controls in Witcher 3, but compared to cyberpunk, Witcher 3 was perfect right from the start. Why can't CRPR make good controls, what's so hard about it? There are dozens of great examples on how to do first person shooter controls on console.

TheKratos

I think I'm halfway through the game (main story anyway) as Nomad. Playing on PC my next play will be on PS5 as corpo, I hope they add good Dualsense features.

Does anyone know what level cap is?

perkelson

I am close to finishing story i think first time. It is easily already best game i have ever played and i played shitload of rpgs. The absolutely amazing part about it is that the game keeps getting better and better and better as you play in practically every way. Main story gets better and better and better, sidequests start from low brow ones to really high brow ones (like kidnapping case, aldecados quest arc). Even main quests from other games can hardly match sidequests in this game.

Combat which started simple and i never had huge hopes about became basically second MGS5. Guns that i expected to be junky became basically one of the best in gaming each being superb and packing punch with bonkers animations.

Cars which i thought would be below something like GTA are like 2 levels quality above them and they are almost as good to drive and looks good like something from Forza Horizon 4

And there is the city. Honestly after playing 77 every single open world game out there regardless of genre feels like complete wasteland of nothing compared to The Night City. In 2-3 streets there are more interiors not connected to any mission that in whole GTA5 and if you count mission related interiors... fuck me.

Finally this is i think second next gen game after Demons Souls but it looks eve level above Demons with basically unmatched visuals by any.

There are only small issues that really don't matter. On PC game is also basically bug free as i had only 2 glitches in 50 hours i played so far.

All above is already nuts but then you have to take into account that Choices and Consequences matter and various other playstyles you want to try on your 2nd and 3rd and 4th playtrough....

Fuck me. Mad lads did it.

I leave you with screenshot from my favorite part of game so far. The whole sequence is fucking nuts balls to the wall best moment in gaming in last 20 years:

photomode_14122020_015726.png

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
I finished it.

After you find all the taxi AI. You do a mission back at Delaman HQ.

There are 3 options.
  1. Kill Delama core to set the personalities free.
  2. Reset the core to wipe them out
  3. Merge the personality back into the core. (Requures 10 int)
I chose option 3. But it does not seem to impact much. The voice of the AI is a bit different depending on the option. Also you are gifted the car. But that taxi sucks to drive anyway. Its like a boat.
Uhh, I didn't get any options. It just defaulted to #3.

2AdEPT

What does one do with 3 million Eddies?

Did y0u pay back Viktor?LOL

I have a question, early in the game main quest you go to the afterlife to meet Dex and prepare for the heist. You are given the option to say to Jackie, "I'll meet you in a sec got something to do first" I chose that option because obviously something to do right? Well the only thing worht big thrills is a closed glass door in a room through a door near the back of the bar. I can clearly see two loot boxes and a netrunner chair. I cant sem to find a way in. Cant pucn cant shoot as its a quest area I guess? what gives? DO I have to wait for a separate later quest perhaps?

Did y0u pay back Viktor?LOL

I have a question, early in the game main quest you go to the afterlife to meet Dex and prepare for the heist. You are given the option to say to Jackie, "I'll meet you in a sec got something to do first" I chose that option because obviously something to do right? Well the only thing worht big thrills is a closed glass door in a room through a door near the back of the bar. I can clearly see two loot boxes and a netrunner chair. I cant sem to find a way in. Cant pucn cant shoot as its a quest area I guess? what gives? DO I have to wait for a separate later quest perhaps?

At the very very end of the game you can go into that room. If you make the choice to
to do the mission with Rouge and break into Arasaka tower to connect to the mainframe there or whatever.

You borrow the netrunners pod in there to make a deal with Alt who is this goddess in the machine.

There are multiple endings so not sure if the other paths also lead to using that room yet.

Last edited:

Starfield

okay, after 20+ hours of gameplay I can give a verdict, not the final one though.

Game world is amazing, story and quests are amazing.: I can't wait what else I'm going to find. Can't wait to see whats in store for DLC (maybe moon?)

Gameplay is okay-good: driving is okay, gunplay is okay-fun, hacking is boring

RPG elements is lacking-bad: no customizable apartment, no barber or store where you can change your face/hair (seriously WTF), not enough to do outside of quests, your life path has no meaninguf influence to your decisions except who you can bang (which is also quite a short list) and what you can say. the hell where they thinking.

AI is horrible: this one I hope will be fixed by CDPR but I doubt they can adress everything. To me the world looks like the main focus they gave during development of this game and some other company did the AI. it is so fucking basic, barely functional and often just a buggy mess. World crowds, cops ai, enemy ai, traffic ai. it is so fucking bad.

overall the game is still a 8/10 for me bc im a sucker for the genre aswell as its theme. the game looks amazing aswell as the story.

If CDPR doesnt fix atleast the AI bugs and glitches in the next 1-2 months I'll lower the score to 7/10

If they don't fix the rpg elements within the next 4 months or so I will lower it to 6/10

I know they are already scared.

Top Bottom