• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

RPS37

Anyone else have the limited editor XOX console? You think they went up in value after the game’s release?

DeaDPo0L84

So are crafted weapons just better versions of weapons you potentially already have? I saw I could craft the Overwatch sniper which is blue but the crafted one looked like it might be legendary. I have put zero points into crafting so don't really understand it.

So pc version is a joke to you? How more next gen it could be?

Well less than 1% of PC users have access to a 30 series card so. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ You could argue that next gen consoles are rare too but they are atleast in the hands of a few million people where the 30 series cards i doubt are even in 100k peoples hands. Since the release of the 3080 cards we have only gotten like a few dozen a month to stores in Sweden.

Last edited:

Ivory Blood

So are crafted weapons just better versions of weapons you potentially already have? I saw I could craft the Overwatch sniper which is blue but the crafted one looked like it might be legendary. I have put zero points into crafting so don't really understand it.
Yes, there are perks that give crafted versions of weapons and armor additional bonuses even.

Kadayi

Banned
Rolled back a bit to prior to the heist as I wanted to do some of the side content. Did the ride with Dex, then T-Bugs mission to learn the hacking breaching stuff, but then had a wander around taking out a few gang activities and picked up a sweet rare Assault rifle with a no recoil mod. That coupled with a silencer and a decent scope just melts when it comes to stealth kills. Decided to payback Viktor once I had enough cash, but also thought to stop in on misty's shop and she read my Tarot cards which was kind of cool. Then I found flaming crotch guy needing a Ripper Doc (not Viktor though) dropped him off there, I then got an alert about some Scavs needed killing and ended up in some massive underground car park come homeless tent city duking it out with a whole bunch of them....frikken awesome. Also not sure if story related but after flaming crotch guy phoned me (around about when I finished the Scavs off). I swung by the RipperDocs (old Tattooed dude) and he has some free rare skin armour for me (not sure if a reward or not tbh).

Last edited:
Double jump leg mod completely changed the game for me, insane how I can go onto some of the highest skyscrapers in Night City and in missions it gives me a completely new way of scoping out the environment around me and allows me to traverse so organically.

Also when paired with mantis blades makes you a stone cold killing machine that strikes fear into it's victims.

How much do they cost? What rip dog is selling them?
I'm only lvl 15. Guess I need to progress much furher?

Anyone else have the limited editor XOX console? You think they went up in value after the game’s release?

Nop, but the Controller is.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
What's the best way to make money in this without glitches/exploits?

I've got the double money from hacks skill, anything else I can do/look out for?

Outlier

PSA: For some (including me), this game is BROKEN! Story mission is officially stuck!

I'm currently on the mission "Love like fire", where there is a turret sequence where I cannot destroy enemy turrets to progress the mission.

I have tried reloading, restarting the game, an restarting my computer, and the problem persists.

I cannot recommender this game!

This is NOT an acceptable state, for the game to be in.

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned

I've got the double money from hacks skill, anything else I can do/look out for?

Gang Activity, Police missions, also watch out for Jewelry in junk earrings are worth a lot don't get the perk to disassemble junk automatically at the moment until they patch that.

Reactions: GHG

SJRB

Gold Member

A lot of [side]mission locations have money caches lying around. They're small, red containers that can have up to 3000 eddies.

It can also help to sell off the higher tiered loot you don't wish to use. Especially considering you get like 40 weapon drops per mission.

Kadayi

Banned
PSA: For some (including me), this game is BROKEN! Story mission is officially stuck!

I'm currently on the mission "Love like fire", where there is a turret sequence where I cannot destroy enemy turrets to progress the mission.

I have tried reloading, restarting the game, an restarting my computer, and the problem persists.

Maybe report it there.

Lol. Just got a similar issue on another mission.
When I get into a car, the game loads and never finishes. I can restart the mission there, but it fails again

GHG

Gold Member
Gang Activity, Police missions, also watch out for Jewelry in junk earrings are worth a lot don't get the perk to disassemble junk automatically at the moment until they patch that.

A lot of [side]mission locations have money caches lying around. They're small, red containers that can have up to 3000 eddies.

It can also help to sell off the higher tiered loot you don't wish to use. Especially considering you get like 40 weapon drops per mission.

Thanks guys, so in summary just do the generic open world stuff that you spot?

I'm astonished there are no mini games you can make money from (gambling would be a good fit) or businesses you can build (sex club anyone?).

scalman

How much do they cost? What rip dog is selling them?
I'm only lvl 15. Guess I need to progress much furher?

Nop, but the Controller is.
Did same time double jump and blades in hands , guess you will get those after reach some level i think i found them on lvl 20 or smt. Now if its like 400m to mission i just run and jump around dont drive and go straight not around. Its so cool as he said changes game for good.
Once one ripperdock have them then others too so go to any of them. They can cost somw but worth it as i loot everything and everyone buying all cars that i find money its not problem. For others it might be though
Im 40 hrs and still just about lvl 25 or so. And those percentages 30 /10 /10%

Last edited:

Komatsu

I keep thinking if I should buy the game now or wait until February for the patches...

BUYIT.jpg

Kadayi

Banned

I'm astonished there are no mini games you can make money from (gambling would be a good fit) or businesses you can build (sex club anyone?).

The more your Street Cred goes up the more stuff gets offered to you. Including Side Missions. I dare say more content will be added down the pipe. There's a lot of doors in-game that are locked but likely can be filled out.

• Thoughtful

mcz117chief

Future content updates need to add more interactivity, that's the only thing this game really needs, interactable arcade machines, soda machines....etc. Night City is a very good foundatiion and it deserves it.
Interesting, because the latest Call of Duty has a TON of arcade machines with dozens of games and you can all play them. There is even an entire arcade. For Cyberpunk though, I wonder what kind of games they could put on those machines, they would either have to license some classics or make them themselves.

SJRB

Gold Member

...you're "astonished" you can't build a sex club?

What part in any of the trailers gave you the impression building a business was a possibility?

Komatsu

What part in any of the trailers gave you the impression building a business was a possibility?

Club building is a massively popular Yakuza/Ryu Ga Gotoku minigame that has been very influential in the open world genre as a whole.

Not sure that it would fit with the Cyberpunk theme at all, TBH, but that's where this is coming from.

Exentryk

Don't sell your junk items - dismantle them (except for jewelry which you should sell). That's a good source of money. Also dismantle common (cheaper) gear, as it works out better.
There are other ways, but you'll likely consider them exploits.

Ivory Blood

Future expansions should be set after the ending. It would make no sense to cram them into an already time critical (storywise) narrative of the main game. Or give us a new protagonist like in DA: Awakening when your Warden from the main game dies.

Also what's up with that seventh stat on the stats screen? Hint to a future content? Maybe a full borg finally.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member

From my perspective it's about missed opportunities for them to provide us with more varied things to do in the game that would be a good fit within the game world. The things I mentioned were just examples of what they could have done and others have mentioned various other things throughout the thread.

The world building is fantastic and the next step would have been to make the player really feel a part of that world in various ways for personal gain (which again fits with the character/lore). As it stands it's very much "look but don't touch". There's a lot of untapped potential here.

I don't care what the trailers said, I'm looking at this from the perspective of what I'm currently playing and it would 100% be better if there were more varied opportunities to make money in the game world other than having to engage in a bunch of generic open world side content.

Dries

So those boxing quests that get stuck in your log at the very beginning: I’ll never do these with my hacker playthrough.

will these quests forever stay in my log?

GHG

Gold Member
GHG GHG

Did you have the same issues with Geralt unable to open a Brothel in TW3?

No but there was gwent which was such a good side activity that they then made a stand alone game out of it.

I'm just thinking out loud with my examples, they don't need to be specifically what I said but I think there should be something. The game would be better for it.

Isendurl

Future content updates need to add more interactivity, that's the only thing this game really needs, interactable arcade machines, soda machines, Barber and tattoo shops....etc. Night City is a very good foundatiion and it deserves it.

Exactly. I mean c'mon its Cyberpunk game, how come I cannot eat noodles in a bar? :cry:

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
No but there was gwent which was such a good side activity that they then made a stand alone game out of it.

I'm just thinking out loud with my examples, they don't need to be specifically what I said but I think there should be something. The game would be better for it.

It will come. The focus at present is going to be fixing the bugs and sorting out the base consoles, but there's big updates coming and the DLC plans are more expansive than TW3 so I think it will fill out more over time.

scalman

Yh so many fast food places but they not selling stuff but thats because you not getting hungry or thirsty i tuink and good because i dont need to look for food on every corner.
Funny things with those missions where you help police like being together with them sometimes they start hunting you too after you shoot all bad guys for some reason...maybe as i threw granade it hit police too or they just pissed at you for some reason that you stole their job so many times im ending shooting them as well and just then mission is done lol.

Last edited:

Loostreaks

RPG elements is lacking-bad: no customizable apartment, no barber or store where you can change your face/hair (seriously WTF), not enough to do outside of quests, your life path has no meaningfull influence to your decisions except who you can bang (which is also quite a short list) and what you can say. the hell where they thinking.
Lol those are not "rpg elements". It's weird how people are freaking out over barber or apartment customization...what rpgs even have that? It's incredible how people have been spoiled and expect everything from the game ( did anyone complain about this in New Vegas or Masquerade Bloodlines?).
Lifepath intros could have been more expanded, but they work well in giving you more knowledge about situations and easier way to talk your way out of certain situations ( like better version of Shadowrun's etiquettes).

not enough to do outside of quests
Wut? There is practically too much to do in all the fixer gigs and world activities. They didn't simply add pointless mini-games ( which are a waste time unless devs put some real effort into it: Gwent, Triple triad, etc). I like this more over some crappy version of fishing or doing some weird QTE yoga: you actually feel like an urban merc living his life on the streets, either committing crimes or "larp-ing" as vigilante.

It's really unfortunate how bad the AI is in this game. Tons of enemies will just kind of give up on life and stand doing nothing while you destroy them. Their ability to cope with changing situations is dismal.

Honestly seems a bit worse than Fallout 4 in this respect.
Eh, I've played Fallout 4/Deus Ex recently...aside from them sometimes "freezing" in combat ( which they will very likely fix), even AI here is much better. They move, properly take cover, use cover fire, flank, jump on higher ground, etc...I expected much worse. And core gameplay mechanics are just leagues ahead of similar games.

Komatsu

Man, though my primary playthru was with a male V, the voice actress for FemV is just so much better. Cherami Leigh (also the voice of Asuna in the anime Sword Art Online, Makoto in Persona 5 and Ririka in the English dub of Like a Dragon) is great.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
About 17-20 hours in (I left it idling sometimes and played with settings so I don't really know).

Mixed feelings. On one hand, the world is amazing, the shooting is way tighter than I expected and even the driving ain't bad, and it looks gorgeous. I've only really had minor visual bugs, nothing upsetting, so I can't complain there.

However I do feel like so far, nothing has even remotely lived up to act one story-wise, and given how short the main story is supposed to be, I'm concerned that it won't until the end of the game. I haven't done the parade yet, so maybe that's the next big set piece.

I'm also really disappointed that so far I haven't found a single "real" side quest, as in, with an ongoing story. Every single icon I drive to is just get a call, go into building, kill/rescue/steal, end. Which isn't terrible, as they all have small self-contained stories, but I can't believe I haven't come across any side quest chain so far. Closest I got was the guy with the Samurai bootlegs which was basically just walk here, talk to guy. I'm also not doing the fight club quests as I'm not a body build, maybe that opens up into more of a story? Who knows.

Last edited:

Komatsu

I'm also really disappointed that so far I haven't found a single "real" side quest, as in, with an ongoing story.

There are at least five multi-quest side stories that have a huge impact on the game's ending and which you can miss entirely. Two of them involve companions which you may be able to romance depending on your gender expression.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
There are at least five multi-quest side stories that have a huge impact on the game's ending and which you can miss entirely. Two of them involve companions which you may be able to romance depending on your gender expression.

Cool, I already know there's a "point of no return" notice so I'll just make sure I've had my fill before then.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I just finished it, not sure if I am doing another playthrough right now, when it's really like, not that varied. Damn that was SHORT... I mean with Witcher you would be like at half or maybe in 1/3....

Also lot of garbage fetch quest. Game was good but I honestly expected something really different, not sure if I did not even liked Deus Ex: Mankind Divided more 🤔 Because it's what this game is, it's not open world like GTA, but more day Deus Ex, almost like an immersive sim, but far more janky than other games in this genre.

I even feel, like I barely scratched the surface of what the city and outback has to offer. Hell Doom Eternal took me longer. I don't mind shorter games but fuck me this was touted s this second coming RPG.

I am sitting here like:
S5gGSrXxYZYNzfVGtknjIdLlF8v15L88FucSLSNB45eyIXPMiJjFgskRMY2BlTGVBHcKucwu3Bh7EBUqCl5xOumyPEin--1qhDljCPZVkWpu5fR80Iw23_GBvzMD4iVMLpi8OXp09VG2Uf6B16EqvWFA6aq5VCEA1Ks

Compsiox

Banned
Is this the first ever crossgen launch title ever to actually be very next-gen looking and next gen ambitious?

edit: okay I see the old gen versions are dogshit. I guess having a crossgen game this ambitious be good on the old platforms was too good to be true.

Last edited:

Komatsu

Cool, I already know there's a "point of no return" notice so I'll just make sure I've had my fill before then.

I won't spoil it for you, but I strongly recommend doing all the quests that come up associated with characters you meet as you progress the main story. There is one group of sidequests in particular, given by a prominent nomad character, which IMO are the best to be found in the game.

I just finished it, not sure if I am doing another playthrough right now, when it's really like, not that varied.

LOL, there's a shitload of variation to be found in the later stages of the game. Also, the 30h it takes to beat the main story of the game would place you about 80% of the way into Witcher 3.

Makariel

Apparently the "average player" on GOG spent about 17h on this game so far (and seems I'm falling slightly short of the average myself).

Completed "Heroes" yesterday.

giphy.gif

This quest also shows how little people know before they write (mild spoilers ahoy) shit on the internet.
Diego Perez said:
While the game makes it seem like you have a choice, you can actually only bring one thing to the ofrenda. Inside Jackie’s garage is a copy of a book called “For Whom the Bell Tolls” by Ernest Hemingway. This is the only item you can take to the ofrenda.
This is complete nonsense. It is the only thing you can find in the first room you look in. If Diego would have spent at least a little time with this quest he should have spotted a key right next to the book, which opened another room, in which there are at least two more items I could find that can be offered. A bottle of tequilla and a leather belt.
But hey, it stopped being about the game last week, now it's about being part of the outrage and claiming that this is "not RPG enough" for real nerds, or shit like that. Claiming it's not giving options, when rushing through and not looking for any options.

kuncol02

Banned
okay, after 20+ hours of gameplay I can give a verdict, not the final one though.

Game world is amazing, story and quests are amazing.: I can't wait what else I'm going to find. Can't wait to see whats in store for DLC (maybe moon?)

Gameplay is okay-good: driving is okay, gunplay is okay-fun, hacking is boring

RPG elements is lacking-bad: no customizable apartment, no barber or store where you can change your face/hair (seriously WTF), not enough to do outside of quests, your life path has no meaninguf influence to your decisions except who you can bang (which is also quite a short list) and what you can say. the hell where they thinking.

AI is horrible: this one I hope will be fixed by CDPR but I doubt they can adress everything. To me the world looks like the main focus they gave during development of this game and some other company did the AI. it is so fucking basic, barely functional and often just a buggy mess. World crowds, cops ai, enemy ai, traffic ai. it is so fucking bad.

overall the game is still a 8/10 for me bc im a sucker for the genre aswell as its theme. the game looks amazing aswell as the story.

If CDPR doesnt fix atleast the AI bugs and glitches in the next 1-2 months I'll lower the score to 7/10

If they don't fix the rpg elements within the next 4 months or so I will lower it to 6/10

I know they are already scared.
At best you will get barber to change your hairstyle, so you can already lower it.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I won't spoil it for you, but I strongly recommend doing all the quests that come up associated with characters you meet as you progress the main story. There is one group of sidequests in particular, given by a prominent nomad character, which IMO are the best to be found in the game.

LOL, there's a shitload of variation to be found in the later stages of the game. Also, the 30h it takes to beat the main story of the game would place you about 80% of the way into Witcher 3.
I don't know I spend like 100 hours in Witcher and it was with interesting quest, not like "find a car" or "go for race" and like mundane shit like that. I mean, I am not really fan of such quest. And why I don't really have motivation to continue, I....didn't like Takemura, as character and he plays a huge role. I would honestly want to dick around with Panau, do quest at open and stuff like that.

But I mean, it really feels more like straight forward game and I travel with car all the time, it feels like it needs DLC to add more quest. When I finished Witcher, it was like almost overwhelmingly long experience, when I remember tons of memorable quest, here? Really not so much. But hey, that's just me.

Top Bottom