• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

Where did you get that cool skull mask?

Mad Warrior set. You have to do some SERIOUS farming for it.

It came rather naturally to me when I farmed the Mad Warrior
(Bellfry Sol, every now and then, a red phantom spawns, kinda looking like the Predator with two swords. He has a chance to drop a piece of his set. He also counts as a kill for Rank 3 of the Bellkeepers. I had the silver serpent ring +2 and the jester's cap equipped)

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
It came rather naturally to me when I farmed the Mad Warrior (Bellfry Sol, every now and then, a red phantom spawns, kinda looking like the Predator with two swords. He h
as a chance to drop a piece of his set. He also counts as a kill for Rank 3 of the Bellkeepers. I had the silver serpent ring +2 and the jester's cap equipped)

Did you get the whole set...? Takes a long time because he doesn't always spawn, plus he only has a small chance to drop stuff. Put those two figures together and it ended up taking me five days.

Ah yes, I have never seen the front of it actually. I'm worried that it might have dropped once but I've died and didn't pick up the item =/ Have the berserk blade and gauntlets.

Yeah, that happened to me with the Chest Piece. I had to trade my precious Berserker Blade with another player for it.

You uh... you using that Berseker Blade much...? It looks really nice... :)

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Walking around a serial killer is better than mad warrior...

7DTly.gif

Did you get the whole set...? Takes a long time because he doesn't always spawn, plus he only has a small chance to drop stuff. Put those two figures together and it ended up taking me five days.

Wow, sorry to read that. Yes, I've acquired the whole set + sword before I wrapped up the kills for rank 3.

E92 M3

Yeah, that happened to me with the Chest Piece. I had to trade my precious Berserker Blade with another player for it.

You uh... you using that Berseker Blade much...? It looks really nice... :)

No. not really using it right now lol. I've upgraded it fully, but didn't mess around in PVP with it yet.

LiK

I think part of the reason for this has to be to hide some background loading.

Yea, but still no need to wear the ring. It doesn't open any faster.

As for the Mad Warrior set, that was easy for me as well. I got the Berserker Blade 10 min after I started. The Mask after 20 min and the rest of the armor took a bit longer but I got all of it BEFORE I even hit Rank 2 in the Bell covenant.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
tumblr_n1e47bWM721r1yqj1o1_500.png

Does that answer the question?

Your already getting a beserker blade off of me along with like pretty much all the katana's.

Nope. That just proves you can use Google ;)

I know but I could potentially dual wield them, innit? Plus you have a massive SM I need to catch up on. That's a lot of sleepless nights ahead XD

LiK

I was lucky enough to get it on his second appearance. Never had any more drops for ages after that so I just stopped bothering.

Just put on a lot of item discovery gear and use rusted coins. Took me less than 3 hours to get the full set and weapon. I was mainly going for rank 2 for Hidden Weapon. Didn't even care about the drops much but I got them all anyway.

Minamu

I think I'm ready for NG+ now. Could use some points for what I'm potentially missing.

End boss is dead obviously.
All three major optional bosses are dead (the splitter died on my third attempt, 11 lightning spears, 2 flame swathes and 1 firestorm did the trick).
I have all the NG sorcery/miracle/pyromancy/hex spells available.
Murderer quest line is done.
Equipment I use is at +9 or +10 all around. Could perhaps upgrade a different shield than Drakekeeper's as long as it has 100% block.

I couldn't finish Lucatiel's quest so will have to do that in NG+ and I will probably stock up on all purchasable effigies and get 999 iron/poison arrows. Anything else to do? All other trophies are collected.

The last Dark Chasm of Old portal is really kicking my ass. The Havel phantom attacks so fast, has unlimited poise, and seems to have unlimited stamina. Any recommendations?

LiK

I think I'm ready for NG+ now. Could use some points for what I'm potentially missing.

End boss is dead obviously.
All three major optional bosses are dead (the splitter died on my third attempt, 11 lightning spears, 2 flame swathes and 1 firestorm did the trick).
I have all the NG sorcery/miracle/pyromancy/hex spells available.
Murderer quest line is done.
Equipment I use is at +9 or +10 all around. Could perhaps upgrade a different shield than Drakekeeper's as long as it has 100% block.

I couldn't finish Lucatiel's quest so will have to do that in NG+ and I will probably stock up on all purchasable effigies and get 999 iron/poison arrows. Anything else to do? All other trophies are collected.

You might wanna buy all upgrade stones you can and also look for armor and souls of optional bosses. I won't say where or what but look them up if you're not sure of what I'm talking about. I missed out on KV's soul with my first character. Basically buy or find everything that is a pain to get to from your first journey.

The last Dark Chasm of Old portal is really kicking my ass. The Havel phantom attacks so fast, has unlimited poise, and seems to have unlimited stamina. Any recommendations?

Havel was pretty easy for me. My Large Club +10 whooped his ass.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Do you do coop? Getting to a million is pretty quick.

Nah, not on my main. I have a dedicated co-op character with Miss Trooper though.

I'll give it a shot. I have no idea where to progress to now I've done the Iron Keep, so that should keep me busy. Who do you recommend? Any big payouts?

Fhtagn

Help! Someone please suggest a viable weapon to wield after using club/large club/giant club through all of NG. Everything else seems weak as hell in comparison. Are strike weapons really that OP? If I use a +10 Sun Sword, I do less than half damage, it doesn't swing all that much faster, and it barely ever staggers.

(I have 30 str, 20 dex, 20 int, 22 fai.)

I just got to No Man's Wharf in NG+ and could turn around and head straight for the iron keep if the answer is infuse a sword with lightning or dark.

I'm not interested in making this character a katana user, though I will do that later.

LiK

Nah, not on my main. I have a dedicated co-op character with Miss Trooper though.

I'll give it a shot. I have no idea where to progress to now I've done the Iron Keep, so that should keep me busy. Who do you recommend? Any big payouts?

Coop against Velstadt is great for souls and pretty easy, imo. I recommend that boss.

If you wanna coop with me, let me know. I have a lot of Lightning Spears to help out. :)

ElFly

Dunno what to tell you. I stun locked that Havel with my Estoc. It was p embarrassing for Havel and a show of how unimportant poise is now.

Maybe wear that ring that does extra poise damage.

Failing that, just do the old walk backwards while shooting spells. Havel is not that though.

Mistel

Banned
Man, I'm not that far in!
Drangelic castle is next for you then you'll get lots of souls there easily. And it's got lots of friendly ruin sentinels.
Help! Someone please suggest a viable weapon to wield after using club/large club/giant club through all of NG. Everything else seems weak as hell in comparison. Are strike weapons really that OP?
Demon great hammer or dragon tooth are pretty great if you've got them.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, what's your SL, btw? I can help you whenever. I haven't cooped with any Gaffers.

Thanks! I'll certainly co-op with you once I've finished the game. I'm trying to solo as much as I can (only The Smelter Demon and Snake thing have made me relent). Me and Miss Trooper were catching up to where my Main was so I've had to put a hiatus on all co-oping till then. Discovery being half the fun and that :)

On my Main I'm around level 100, SM: 1,09 million. You on Xbox? I don't wish to speak for her, but Miss Trooper is a friendly sort too. and a dab hand at the game :)

Drangelic castle is next for you then you'll get lots of souls there easily. And it's got lots of friendly ruin sentinels.

Really? I thought that'd be much later?

zma1013

If I remember correctly, that has a small walkway with dropoffs on both sides? Try to knock him off the edge.

LiK

Dunno what to tell you. I stun locked that Havel with my Estoc. It was p embarrassing for Havel and a show of how unimportant poise is now.

Maybe wear that ring that does extra poise damage.

Failing that, just do the old walk backwards while shooting spells. Havel is not that though.

Yea, the key against Havel is to be on the offensive. He's nothing like the old Havel in DkS1. Dude is super fast and the hardest thing about the second version is he might knock you off the ledges. But you can overpower him by constantly attacking him.

Thanks! I'll certainly co-op with you once I've finished the game. I'm trying to solo as much as I can (only The Smelter Demon and Snake thing have made me relent). Me and Miss Trooper were catching up to where my Main was so I've had to put a hiatus on all co-oping till then. Discovery being half the fun and that :)

On my Main I'm around level 100, SM: 1,09 million. You on Xbox? I don't wish to speak for her, but Miss Trooper is a friendly sort too. and a dab hand at the game :)

Really? I thought that'd be much later?

Ah, 360? I've been playing on PS3. :( I do have the 360 version tho but haven't even opened that version.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Ah, 360? I've been playing on PS3. :( I do have the 360 version tho but haven't even opened that version.

Damn you and your excellent choice in consoles!

Well, I'll be starting a slew of new character builds when I'm finished, so PM me your GT and maybe me, you and Miss Trooper can band together and kick some fresh asses. Ganking bosses in style :)

Top Bottom