• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Im surprised the mods have not moved this thread to community already. Afterall I think the mods move the game OTs after 1 month of release.

Jaeger

Being summoned against one guy or one guy and the NPC summon in the Looking Glass Knight battle doesn't feel fair at all. But I was summoned against 3 actual players, and got wrecked with magic. lol

img_004386z4m.jpg

I finally join the ranks of the platinum undead. Feels good to have all 3 games 100%, the only other game I've ever intentionally gone for trophies on besides Souls series is Ni No Kuni, which was way more grindy, but DS2 isn't far behind - I think the other two were quicker, at least for me - I really couldn't leave Shrine of Amana each playthrough without farming it completely for twinkling titanite. :)

Now to check out WotG finally and then I can start a whole new toon - I haven't even checked out duel wielding at all yet, I really want to see if I gel with it.

GulAtiCa

Low level invaders are assholes...

I had 35k SM in No Mans Wharf.. he had already powerful fire magic and moon butterfly set on.....

tokkun

Don't understand why so many people had problems with the Smelter demon...
I mean, he is fairly slow and has a predictable set of moves. Took me like 3 deaths to beat him. Though I guess if you try to tank him it's not gonna work really.

Trying to find a proper Katana for my pure DEX build but haven't found one yet.
Heard there is a nice katana dropped by the dudes at the Iron Keep, but no luck yet.

He is trivial to tank with a Gyrm shield. From my experience in co-op, though I saw a lot of hosts die to him. Most common cause of death is not anticipating that energy release attack he does after a downward strike.

E92 M3

Had some fun invasions tonight. One guy messaged me and said I killed him before he got back his 300k souls. Felt kinda bad, but didn't know about it when I was killing him lol.

Audioboxer

Have a good story of success to tell.

I've been farming Iron Keep in NG+ for the Alone Greatbow the past day or two. On and off I've probably spent a few hours doing so. Pretty much wiped out all of the Knights apart from 3 in the room with the flaming dragon heads and square walkways whom I was focussing on farming. Quite a few deaths and lost souls, the alone knights are fast and can catch you off guard.

A red phantom called alhanjari invaded me on a run, and started off as a pot lol. Managed to get a good few hits in and he ran away and healed. After coming back managed to cheese me by stepping on one of the trap buttons and lowering my platform putting me into the lava. Never knew about them :| I don't do PVP so have no idea about using environmental traps to my favour.

A couple of runs later I kill an Alone Captain from the main square on the platform down below, he drops something but I need to go get it and make sure I don't turn on the lava channels. Just as I go to I get invaded by alhanjari again - This time I knew about the trap floor panels. Cast resonant weapon on my Chaos Blade and managed to kill him without taking critical damage myself. Phew.

Ran down to the ground below and low and behold the item dropped was finally the Alone Greatbow. It was from the Captain that's just around the corner from the Chaos Storm chest.

How many hours you guys got on the game? I've been playing almost non-stop since release. So, err, a few hundred. I'd wager and say most of it was from idling though. Either way Dark Souls 2 is the only game I play anymore. It's consuming my life, I wake up and play Dark Souls, I go to work and tihnk about Dark Souls, I jerk off while thinking about Dark souls. It's filling that void in my lonely, lonely heart ;-;

Jaeger

How many hours you guys got on the game? I've been playing almost non-stop since release. So, err, a few hundred. I'd wager and say most of it was from idling though. Either way Dark Souls 2 is the only game I play anymore. It's consuming my life, I wake up and play Dark Souls, I go to work and tihnk about Dark Souls, I jerk off while thinking about Dark souls. It's filling that void in my lonely, lonely heart ;-;

Sometimes I just leave mine on while I'm sitting in Majula, so my count is inflated. I got 400+ hours so far.

Also, my Scythe of Want +4 is wrecking folk left and right. It's swings are so weird, I don't think they know how to deal with it.

Quick question, what is that tower off in the distance that you can see from Majula and FotFG (at least I think its the same tower)? Is it Drangleic?

Minamu

Give me corrections, Give me grammar.
Changed ones:
"It is usually worth to read item descriptions"
"You can hit treasure chests with a weapon once to see if it's a mimic. If you keep wailing on it, you will break it and get rubbish instead of the treasure." (not changed but you might want to add that coop partners and enemies can also destroy chests).

First one is just changed from "it us" to "it is".

E92 M3

Only 170 hours lol and I play a lot, but apparently not as much as I thought haha. Also, the only game I think about. I'll say it: Can't wait for DLC if there will be.

Wolff

Just hit 140 hours. I'm on NG++, got my platinum throphy in the game and i'm still not tired of it. Been playing everyday day too and all the time i think of something new to do and turn the PS3 on to do it. Sometimes i just put the game to help other people kill bosses too, it is really satisfiying. I just wish PVP worked better, because it has been the only thing in this game that made me fucking angry because of the lag and all the problems with it, but still sometimes i can enjoy it.

I'm thinking about creating a new character now and start all over again with another class. This is really rare for me because usually i finish a game once not getting 100% at all and never touch it again.

Skeleton Lords
was a pushover. This counts as a boss? Did they forget to add the main enemy in the encounter?
There's other bosses like this later on too - they seemed to get a kick out of overloading bosses this time around. Had problems with two bosses at the same time in previous games? OK, here's a boss fight with THREE enemies, here's one with a ton of trashmobs, here's another duo, and another duo, here's a bunch more stuff on top of that.

Some of them (including the Skeleton Lords) could be improved in atmosphere simply by adding a cutscene.
The Congregation
is another one, the first time I fought them I wasn't entirely sure it was a boss, or rather what was the boss because it was over so quickly and I didn't get a good look at the main enemy. This particular fight recalls the Fool's Idol in setting and thinking back to the atmosphere of that fight and setting, this was a joke in comparison.

vvise

Platinum'd the game the other night, went to put it away today and realized I still have an unused Black Armor Weapons Pack code. I want to find a fair way to give it away here...

ps. I'm sorry all the people I mundane avelyn power stanced this past week.

GulAtiCa

Moon butterfly set just requires ascetics I think to get I believe once you've spent 16000 with Maughlin.
That's the issue, requires 2 ascetics. Them guy had firestorm and other fire magic. My roommate had very similar invader early on. Its very pathetic what some will do to invade others.

Which one to max Dark pyromancy flame or the normal one? I want to max dark but my normal pyro is already a +4. Gotta make those seeds count lol.
Normal. Dark requires you to be fully hollow and really doesn't do much more damage

Mistel

Banned
That's the issue, requires 2 ascetics. Them guy had firestorm and other fire magic. My roommate had very similar invader early on. Its very pathetic what some will do to invade others.
Ouch that sounds painful. I had someone in moon light butterfly armor shove a mail breaker into my face so that sucked.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Just had my first hacker too. New toon, forest of giants, 9200 soul memory. This dark spirit invades me with a Moonlight Greatsword and fancy armour and I can barely scratch him of course.

What a fucking loser.

Stillmatic

Is my game bugged or was this in the latest update? My bonfire select screen now shows bonfires I haven't lit, even for places I haven't visited yet. There's a faint picture of each with the + level of the bonfire. Pretty sure it wasn't doing this when I played yesterday.

Ill Saint

Is my game bugged or was this in the latest update? My bonfire select screen now shows bonfires I haven't lit, even for places I haven't visited yet. There's a faint picture of each with the + level of the bonfire. Pretty sure it wasn't doing this when I played yesterday.

That happens towards the last part of the game. I forget the exact trigger, but no your game is not bugged.

Mistel

Banned
Did you just get to the shrine of winter? That's when I think it happened for me. It's meant to.

Ill Saint

I'm doing a co-op run in NG with a friend, and we're just over 200k soul memory each, and twice he's been invaded by people with high-end gear such as one guy weilding the Crypt Blacksword, and another in full Havel gear. This doesn't seem right to me at all? Is it possible or are these guys save hacking?

Also, my friend's getting one-shot foot stomped by the damn Last Giant whereas he only does about 1/3rd of my bar. Dunno what's up with all this.

I'm at around 100, my partner is at around 300 .... he needs to stop playing and start looking for a job. Was kinda understanding the first week or two - I'd totally do the same if I was in his shoes, but well...thats another rant.

GulAtiCa

Got about 200 hours on my main character.

Currently jumping around with my new Hex character. Feels so weird to do things out of order. First went to Heide's Tower of Flame. Beat both bosses there with my mace and got both Int/Faith up to 20 each so I can get the Hexer set + Sunset Staff. Then went to Forest of Last Giants, then moved onto Huntsman Corpse, and now moving onto Shaded Woods to quickly get some stuff. Will then go back to The Harvest and then Iron Keep before going back to The Bastelle.

Enchanted with Dark, my Homunculus Mace does a lot of damage. Wrecks a lot!

Laughed so hard when I was in the Drangleic Castle bonfire and I saw a silhouette of another player doing that Trident spear dance. Dude must have been doing that for quite a while.

85 hours and I haven't finished the game. I just beat all those Giants memories and about to face the final boss. probably a good 6 hours of that was just me doing nothing in majula as I go there whenever I want to take a break from game (eat, piss, poop, call, gaf) lol.

njean777

Is there any ring in this game that negates damage from weapons that cause bleed on you? I like the chaos blade but do not use it much as it cause damage to you as well.

aliensandwich

Neo Member
Today I beat the Old Iron King, The Rotten, Prowling Magus and Congregation, and Scorpioness Najka. The shitty part is that I used summons for all of them. I feel dirty :(

Today I beat the Old Iron King, The Rotten, Prowling Magus and Congregation, and Scorpioness Najka. The shitty part is that I used summons for all of them. I feel dirty :(
I was even worse. I summoned 2 phantoms on that lone Dragonrider in heide's tower. After the fight I was like..

Doc-Rivers.gif

Could not believe I summoned for that easy ass boss lol.

Stillmatic

I've been taking it pretty slow, I think I'm just over 65 hours in and the last Boss I beat was the Looking Glass Knight.

This is me so far on my first run:

ds2charactergwkyo.png

SL125
SM 1.6 mil (around there)
Deaths: 201
Covenant: Sunbros

Weight:
Under 70, I think it's 69.3 or something.

Right hand:
Mastodon Greatsword +10
Pyromancy +10

Left Hand:
Gyrm Greatshield +7
Composite Bow +10

Rings:
Chloranthy Ring +2 (looked up how to get this)
Royal Soldier's Ring +1
Ring of Steel Protection +1
Ring of Blades +1

I feel pretty beast running around, I'm sure NG+ would destroy me though! :p

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Oh man I've been traveling for like two weeks, first time logging back in... What is this 120mb patch that's taking me an hour to download??

Totally missed this, what's it do?

Warablo

Sometimes I just leave mine on while I'm sitting in Majula, so my count is inflated. I got 400+ hours so far.

Also, my Scythe of Want +4 is wrecking folk left and right. It's swings are so weird, I don't think they know how to deal with it.

That sounds promising I was going to try a hex/dark build and use that for pve because it can't be buffed.

Cat Party

Pretty fun to start a new character and just friggin breeze through areas and bosses that gave you fits the first time through. Strangely though, the Dragonrider was considerably harder for me.

LiK

HAHA, my second character is absolutely destroying NG+ right now. Didn't even get a scratch against Smelter. I'm pretty comfortable with my build now so it should be smooth sailing. I also picked up the Watcher Greatsword before going to NG+ and I really like the moveset. Need more Bones to upgrade it tho.

FINALLY DONE EXAMS WOOOO

Spent a good hour playing, felt so good to pick it up after so long :D

Going for the Mad Warrior set, got the helm in around 20 minutes, so far so good!

Top Bottom