• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

Glad this part is over...

Doc-Rivers.gif

koryuken

HAHA, my second character is absolutely destroying NG+ right now. Didn't even get a scratch against Smelter. I'm pretty comfortable with my build now so it should be smooth sailing. I also picked up the Watcher Greatsword before going to NG+ and I really like the moveset. Need more Bones to upgrade it tho.

Same here... I soloed NG+++ Gargoyles on the first try. Staying at SL160.

Jaeger

That sounds promising I was going to try a hex/dark build and use that for pve because it can't be buffed.

I've been using it in PvP with alot of success. The swings are so wide and wild, that even when I miss my mark, it still hits on the end of the swing animation. And not like a bad phantom range thing, but I can see the animation swinging all the way across and connecting.

And it seems to do damage even on block against most builds. I'm loving it. I wish I had a proper fully cloaked grim reaper death style armor set, to work with though. :(

:O

Vanquisher's seal from the champion covenent only affects bare hand damage right? Doesn't work For Caesti?

I didn't know that, myself. I assumed it buffed all attack damage.

Chuck

Still without luck
hey this is spiritually related.

who's the character in demon's souls i need to kill to prevent him or her from fucking everything up?

Jaeger

I got a +10 Lightning Blacksteel Katana, and a +5 Dark Chaos Blade. After playing with the Scythe of Want, those are so boring, now.

And it looks to scale with Dex mostly, so I'll have to focus on that for a bit. Also, Axes and Greataxes are fun!

RyanDG

So... Becoming a wretch... Awesome to be called that instead of just a sinner, not so awesome though when you are trying to get through Shrine of Amana at NG++ lol.

2AdEPT

Hey guys....if you are starving for more female voiced let's plays and tired of waiting for Kay and the PC version...check out Heart Cooks Brain....I love bathroom humour and she has some pretty creative editing ideas etc. We started recording together after chatting on Kay's chat ......her channel is really taking off ....check it!

Hey guys....if you are starving for more female voiced let's plays and tired of waiting for Kay and the PC version...check out Heart Cooks Brain....I love bathroom humour and she has some pretty creative editing ideas etc. We started recording together after chatting on Kay's chat ......her channel is really taking off ....check it!

Watching now. This is pretty great man. I'm gonna end up watching all of them, I can tell already. Cheers.

Grinchy

Banned
I know it took me a long time, but I'm finally ready to fight the last boss (stupid life getting in the way of Dark Souls). I think once I beat it I'll finally experiment with some new weapons. I feel like I've been using dual Blacksteel Katanas for forever.

ZangBa

Your anus must have been puckered the entire time.

Yeah, sometimes. I had a pixel of health left many times. Turtles almost got me once.

Amazing! Soo any boss fights where suddenly everything went wrong and made your heart race? ^^°

Old Iron King, Throne Watchers, Freja's annoying minions, those were the closest calls for me.

I did this offline to avoid any invasions. Sorry for such a late reply, I was playing a friend in Injustice.

ZangBa

Oh lord that blink at the end makes this gif.

EDIT:

And what's the strategy for a no death run? If time's not a factor, I imagine you just do a lot of co-op to farm souls to boost HP and defense early on so you can't get killed by a lucky hit.

Early on, I cleared some enemies out of existence in the beginning areas to give myself a small boost. Otherwise, I just played more carefully and offline. I never went online during the entire run, although I bet having some other phantoms do everything for you would be the best way to go about it. Honestly, I feel safer alone, that way I know the bosses won't turn around and kill me when I'm not expecting it anyway.

Definately checking this out, thank you :)

I bow to your magnificence! Are you going to do the no bonfire one too? :D

Audioboxer

I got a +10 Lightning Blacksteel Katana, and a +5 Dark Chaos Blade. After playing with the Scythe of Want, those are so boring, now.

And it looks to scale with Dex mostly, so I'll have to focus on that for a bit. Also, Axes and Greataxes are fun!

Annoyed I traded for the catalyst only to realize it needs 40FTH and I've capped at 30/30 for INT/FTH.

Ah well I'll get the Scythe for NG++.

Trying out a Murakumo just now. Have been running with Dark Chaos Blade +5 and a Fire Black Knight Halberd +5.

Eyhmm i think i'm fucked. I defeated the four main bosses and the door at shaded wood is still closed. I consumed 3 of the 4 souls. Is that the problem? This is bullshit, i lit up all 4 primal bonfires and now i'm stuck.. Is there a solution?

Mistel

Banned
Eyhmm i think i'm fucked. I defeated the four main bosses and the door at shaded wood is still closed. I consumed 3 of the 4 souls. Is that the problem? This is bullshit, i lit up all 4 primal bonfires and now i'm stuck.. Is there a solution?
Get a soul memory of 1 million and it opens.

Minamu

My NG took almost exactly 84 hours with 382 deaths. Then I died to the first Falconers even though I'm SL200 xD It mostly took a long time due to grinds and farming, but I also became rank 3 in SunBros, DragonBros and DarkBros with rank 2 in BellBros. I started farming SunBro medals at the first two bosses, must've gotten ten medals that early.

That No Bonfire Run, could someone explain to me how that would work? I wonder if NG++ or whatever is better than NG. Also, it would seem to involve A LOT of running back and forth, especially by the end.

That No Bonfire Run, could someone explain to me how that would work? I wonder if NG++ or whatever is better than NG. Also, it would seem to involve A LOT of running back and forth, especially by the end.
Primal bonfires don't count I think, so I guess you'd do the four branching paths, and then onwards to Drangleic, probably missing out as much optional stuff as possible. Lots of lifegems, herbs etc around.

I love the sound of it, but would like to watch a video of it done first just so I can emulate that to avoid some frustration.

Owensboro

Primal bonfires don't count I think, so I guess you'd do the four branching paths, and then onwards to Drangleic, probably missing out as much optional stuff as possible. Lots of lifegems, herbs etc around.

I love the sound of it, but would like to watch a video of it done first just so I can emulate that to avoid some frustration.

You can also drop your small soapstone to get summoned into someone else's game to restock flasks / spells and repair your weapons!

Cyborg

Yeaaaahm my ban is gone! :( Damn it guys, I have so many questions about this game but I wasnt able to post!

The mods are realy realy though here :(

So I'm just now getting in to PVP for the first time, but usually I get annoyed waiting and I never do it. However, I loved playing on the Iron Keep bridge last night. Are there other places like that when I can get right in to battling??

I have been Blue Sentinels and Rat covenants but had a hard time PVPing. A lot of waiting.

Leezard

So I'm just now getting in to PVP for the first time, but usually I get annoyed waiting and I never do it. However, I loved playing on the Iron Keep bridge last night. Are there other places like that when I can get right in to battling??

I have been Blue Sentinels and Rat covenants but had a hard time PVPing. A lot of waiting.

You can enter any of the bell towers.

Top Bottom