• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

LiK

I'm going pure physical this playthrough, so probably not. So far I've just put away all the boss weapons I've made and still dual wield with a bastard sword on right hand and a rapier in the left. I do like the curved greatsword's moveset though, so I might use that once I get a chance to upgrade it.

It also sucks that they all use Twinkling or Dragonbone to upgrade. Can't get enough fucking bones.

Mogwai

I swapped to a DEX build to compare it to my trusty STR build. Is it me or is strike damage much more versatile? My +10 Blacksteel katana is garbage against those fat boys in Dragon Shrine.

Oh well, back to STR I guess.

So I finally looked at an FAQ because after I beat
The Lost Sinner
I was absolutely lost

I went to the
Belfry Luna
but that was more of a side mission of sorts obviously.

Anyways onto the
Huntsmans Copse
I go. I don't know how anyone would have thought to open that area next, especially in the way in which it's opened....

ElFly

The Lost Sinner
I was absolutely lost

I went to the
Belfry Luna

Anyways onto the
Huntsmans Copse
I go. I don't know how anyone would have thought to open that area next, especially in the way in which it's opened....

I don't think it is that bad?

Main problem is exhausting the dialogue with the priest so she will move.

Plopboy

Unconfirmed Member
The Lost Sinner
I was absolutely lost

I went to the
Belfry Luna

Anyways onto the
Huntsmans Copse

I had the same problem, not helped that I was warping about and missed the area I was supposed to go to.

Minamu

Seems I screwed something up with Lucatiel again :( Going by bird to Lost Bastille, I assumed I would be able to summon both Bellclaire and Lucatiel for the Ruin Sentinels but it seems like Lucatiel's sign goes away permanently if you call in Bellclaire? >_< Dismissing her and restarting from the bonfire doesn't help. And I can't drop an ascetic on that bird bonfire either, it just says I have to beat the area boss first o_O With another human and lightsources, she did good at Lost Sinner though!

Edit: Wait, can I summon Lucatiel for RS at all? :lol My mind is playing tricks on me.

J-Roderton

I'm at the
castle
and shit is getting real. Is there seriously no bonfire between the fork in the road and the front door?

Blightown really derailed the crap out of my Dark Souls playthrough. I try to beat it every once in awhile but not too hard since the level is incredibly boring to go through. Dark Souls 2 doesn't have any levels that bland and boring with stupid poison enemies does it?

I have a weird question. In the pre release stuff they had someone with the faraam set and that eagle shield which deflects magic. What swords did the character have?
I can't for the life of me figure it out.

I have to say I love PVPing against katana people: their weak blows scratch my armor of the king, while I destroy their bones with R2 large club. And then, when the inevitable firestorm gets triggered, I finish them with a quick GRS behind the flames. I was NEVER good at PVP in Dark Souls, but in DkS2 I'm finally getting some satisfaction :D

I'm surprised to see few power stances with light dexterity weapons: you should retain the speed while doubling the damage with double attacks. I think I'll try double thrust with another build.

LiK

Blightown really derailed the crap out of my Dark Souls playthrough. I try to beat it every once in awhile but not too hard since the level is incredibly boring to go through. Dark Souls 2 doesn't have any levels that bland and boring with stupid poison enemies does it?

Hoho, well, most levels are pretty short. :)

zma1013

Seems I screwed something up with Lucatiel again :( Going by bird to Lost Bastille, I assumed I would be able to summon both Bellclaire and Lucatiel for the Ruin Sentinels but it seems like Lucatiel's sign goes away permanently if you call in Bellclaire? >_< Dismissing her and restarting from the bonfire doesn't help. And I can't drop an ascetic on that bird bonfire either, it just says I have to beat the area boss first o_O With another human and lightsources, she did good at Lost Sinner though!

I don't think Lucatiel has a summon at Ruin Sentinels.

Sullichin

Edit: Wait, can I summon Lucatiel for RS at all? :lol My mind is playing tricks on me.

Bellclaire? I don't even know who that is. I thought it was Lucatiel for that fight too, lol

nowai

Oh man, im stupid

Thanks

Haha I'm sorry, couldn't resist.

image.php

koryuken

I have to say I love PVPing against katana people: their weak blows scratch my armor of the king, while I destroy their bones with R2 large club. And then, when the inevitable firestorm gets triggered, I finish them with a quick GRS behind the flames. I was NEVER good at PVP in Dark Souls, but in DkS2 I'm finally getting some satisfaction :D

I'm surprised to see few power stances with light dexterity weapons: you should retain the speed while doubling the damage with double attacks. I think I'll try double thrust with another build.

My buffed Katana does 2,200 dmg in one combo :) Are you on PSN? Maybe I'll run into you at the BoB arena.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Got invaded by a 'friendly' Red today. Get out of here son i dont play that shit. I ain't trying to be on no montage video. Smoked him like a Christmas ham with the quickness. Fucker ever sent me a message confirming he was trolling.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Got invaded by a 'friendly' Red today. Get out of here son i dont play that shit. I ain't trying to be on no montage video. Smoked him like a Christmas ham with the quickness. Fucker ever sent me a message confirming he was trolling.
What do you mean by this?

Cyborg

Pro's,

I need your help. Im still in NG (way overpower, I think) but I have 824k souls to spend. Could you guys advice me? Look at my stats and give me tips where to invest in or what to change with a Soule Vessel.

CmAPTMP.jpg

LiK

Pro's,

I need your help. Im still in NG (way overpower, I think) but I have 824k souls to spend. Could you guys advice me? Look at my stats and give me tips where to invest in or what to change with a Soule Vessel.

CmAPTMP.jpg

Good god. Even at NG+, my first character is only 187

Vlade

(late game spoilers ahoy)

Ok... before I give myself an anger headache repeatedly fighting
Ancient Dragon
I need to ask:

Just how much difference does that one extra
Soul of the Giant
make in the fight against
King Vendrick
?
I have 4 out of 5, but of course that 5th one will have to come from that cheap fuckbag
Ancient Dragon

I took a test run on
Vendrick
and handled him fairly well. I mean, his patterns are fairly simple, but I wasn't doing much damage before I got sloppy and he broke my poise and followed it up with a fatal swing. I'm just wondering if it's worth getting that 5th
giant soul
to make the battle a bit quicker. Beating him as it is now is just going to require a lot of patience and minimal mistakes.

My spoiler free tip would be: do it by yourself. I summoned help 15 times and failed. I fought him myself and won in like 3 tries. The extra phantoms seem to boost his defense. On my own and fully decked for damage it was cake.

Haven't had a chance to play much the last few days due to work, wondering if I should maintain the break and just wait for the PC version before starting up again.

Knowing that I intend on moving to PC as my primary platform - feels hard to justify spending time farming stuff. Have no problems beating the game again and again and again, but when I am in 'just run around and farm mode to upgrade more stuff/get rare items' ..rather do it on PC.

GulAtiCa

Yeah, don't summon for A.D. You just make him stronger. As a caster, A.D. is super easy due to that very huge stage. Just takes some patience of when to attack and when to retreat and heal or add more fire resistance

Sullichin

Pro's,

CmAPTMP.jpg

Holy crap that's a lot of VIT. Still at 5 vit and I don't have trouble fast rolling with two maces and decent armor. What the hell are you using?

Cyborg

Holy crap that's a lot of VIT. Still at 5 vit and I don't have trouble fast rolling with two maces and decent armor. What the hell are you using?

Is it a lot? I dont know....Im using Great Sword (fcking heavy) and a medio core armor. I dont think its that much VIT.

Mistel

Banned
Nope that's tiny amount of vitality for a heavy strength weapon user mine's 35 at least. Up your strength to 60 of you want to use the giant club which is a great strength weapon.

Yeah, I think if you are using a heavy weapon and a great shield, unless you're going to wear super light armor, you need to invest a bit in Vitality. The more natural equip load you have, the bigger the bonus you get from the Dragon Rings, too.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
People who run away to heal in the BoB arena are the fucking worst :lol

It's just a brief duel you fuckwits

Pro's,

I would spend it all on upgrade materials and consumables - chunks and every type of arrow, bomb, knife, resin, bolt etc, etc.

I'm on NG++ and SL135 and in no hurry to go higher despite sitting on 1.5M souls, I just keep a stock of goodies - you might not want those lightning arrows or whatever now, but they'll be nice if you respec to a faith build :) Better than just needlessly getting way OP and flabby due to excess stats.

Finalow

neogaf fight club where.

those people are probably using not buffed katanas, and any not buffed weapon sucks.

power stance isn't really worth it for most of the weapons.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
can someone give me the stats I need to have more or less until I hit diminishing returns for a STR char with shield and / or a DEX char with shield? Basically the 2 characters I finished DS1 with (actually the STR char was a mess with with wasted points in dex and faith and shit because I didnt know what I was doing, it was my first)

I want to have that type of information imbedded in my brain for when I start the game next week.

I love my shields, no shield is not an option!

Sullichin

My main, who is a caster, has like 29 vit so I can stay under 30%.

You think staying under 30% is worth it? I've been fine staying anywhere under 70% (with like 96AGI), except fighting ancient dragon

neogaf fight club where.

those people are probably using not buffed katanas, and any not buffed weapon sucks.

power stance isn't really worth it for most of the weapons.

We should come up with a location to always go to so we're likely to run into eachother.

Maybe somewhere near the soldier's rest bonfire? Easily accessible, and it's an optional dead end.

Top Bottom