• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

ElTopo

Banned
Killed Ancient Dragon again. Used the Toe strategy again and it took me 2 attempts. 1st attempt I was at least 10 feet away from his right foot but somehow his stomp counted. Those hitboxes... 2nd attempt worked. Re-beat every singe boss so just waiting for the 3rd DLC to drop and I'm going to make a try for a no-bonfire run.

Zocano

I love Vaati's lore videos. He doesn't take it as black and white and sprinkles in his own speculations which are always really cool.

But then he mentions Vendrick's possible involvement with the other crowns.

Now my hype is through the roof and I desperately want the Ivory Crown. Vendrick and Aldia are absolutely my favorite story parts of Dark Souls 2 and Vendrick's plotting against the Dark is really cool and I just want to see it out.

I know I'm setting myself up for disappointment if the "prize" for all 4 crowns ends up being anti-climactic but if it's a "real" ending then all is forgiven. Wouldn't even care if I'm paying for a "real" ending.

Killed Ancient Dragon again. Used the Toe strategy again and it took me 2 attempts. 1st attempt I was at least 10 feet away from his right foot but somehow his stomp counted. Those hitboxes... 2nd attempt worked. Re-beat every singe boss so just waiting for the 3rd DLC to drop and I'm going to make a try for a no-bonfire run.

I beat him once on my cleric and once on my sorc. Each on NG+. But after that I couldn't. What I used to do is bait his breath attack, attack him. Then run out in front of him and stand on that brown circle. Wait for him to do lift off then run to fog gate. Rinse and repeat. However, lately when he's at like 75% health he will go up into the air again as I'm baiting his frontal breath attack. Really annoying boss fight.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Starting a Gouki/Akuma build today
screenshot243097frsup.png

Dual wield Caestus, some pyromancies and Covenant of Champions

brickface

Woo! Finally beat Fume on NG++. That took me ages, but yep getting under 30% and getting agility up was the key, and the red iron twinblade helped immensely.

Haunted

Hard to believe the journey is over soon. DS2 was already ahead on my goty list after release, and the excellent DLC has only cemented that position. I can't imagine another game from the autumn lineup coming close.

Team Best *salutes*

Bandai Namco's community manager has been posting on Twitter about recent bans/softbans.

Has anyone here been softbanned? It applies to both PC and console players. People on reddit have been going mad recently over a wave of supposedly wrongful bans and how actual cheaters are still roaming free. I have used MetaCap in the past to lower my Soul Memory but as far as I can tell I haven't been restricted in online play.

A while back people would post emails they received from Bandai Namco's support team after inquiring about being banned. Every single one of these emails I have seen say the same thing (that the player has had restrictions placed on their account for violating the EULA) and a crackpot theory came to mind. What if NB's support team treated these emails as an admission of guilt and then banned those people accordingly?

The person thinks they might have been banned, the only reason they would think this is if they've done something suss (back-up saves, use cheat engine to give themselves an item, edit soul memory, etc.), so they send an email along with their Steam account. When presented with this information it could cause the support team to then manually check that account for suspicious activity, or they could just outright ban them based on the email alone.

Like I said, it's a crackpot theory and probably isn't true at all. The only reason I think this could be true is because I have never seen an email from NB support that says "Nope, your account is fine. Have fun and keep playing!" I would send an email myself but I use GeDoSaTo and have used MetaCap in the past, so I fear they would then take notice and restrict my online access if I contacted them. The only way to test it is to have someone who has only ever played vanilla Dark Souls 2 to inquire about a ban and see what happens.

In short, I really wish they'd put VAC back into the game.

FINALLY got to NG+

Playing this and DS1 concurrently, I can see how there's so much more love for DS1.

Not only because of the difficulty spikes but how the game is perfect at blending all of the areas together into one cohesive area.

DS2 felt disjointed location-wise compared to DS1.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
All the Souls games seem to have idiotic shit tied to fps

It seems to be something inherent to japanese game design. Resident Evil 4 is the same way, so much so that despite QLOC managing to unlock the framerate to 60 FPS still has some bugs, such as the actual game slowing down should the game dip below 60, not just losing frames.

The game was supposed to have more variants of Heide Knights, but they were cut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dduxf3oiIIE

God, Heide Knights were fun fights. I hope Heide ties in with the last piece of DLC and all those badasses are used.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Is the B Team gonna move over to Bloodbourne, Dark Souls 3/next multiplat game or more dlc do you think?

Is the B Team gonna move over to Bloodbourne, Dark Souls 3/next multiplat game or more dlc do you think?

Bloodbourne is pretty much done isn't it? My guess is Dark Souls 3. They usually start the work on a new game as soon as the DLC is done. I wonder what The Bloodbourne team will do after Bloodbourne is done(aside from DLC)

NEO0MJ

Sir Alonne's
moveset gets new moves in NG+, as well as the pursuer. Much prefer this to more mooks. What's the best way to deal with the two Pursuers in the castle? Just one is really easy but it becomes much harder for me against two. I feel that they don't give any openings.

Zocano

Sir Alonne's
moveset gets new moves in NG+, as well as the pursuer. Much prefer this to more mooks. What's the best way to deal with the two Pursuers in the castle? Just one is really easy but it becomes much harder for me against two. I feel that they don't give any openings.

I dunno why it happened but I went to fight the Twin Pursuers for the first time and pretty much immediately got curse stabbed by the one on the right as you enter...

and then the second Pursuer left.

Dunno why it happened but it sure made the encounter trivial.

Sir Alonne's
Dealing with the Pursuers easy way:
Let one of them curse you with the blue sword move, it will then disappear and leave only one, you get the same reward either way.

v1perz53

I love the shit out of the Gesture-Dialogue-Parry sync he did at the start. So hype.

I watch this video to stay humble. Any time I think I am good at a souls game, I watch this and realize there are people far far better than me. Though I still take pride in my SL ~30 runs through both DLC! (enough to use the weapon I wanted and to boost Adp up to 100 agi, I hate playing with under that!)

I feel like a major scrubtillian but I finally gave in and summoned for Fume Knight.

I have brought great shame upon my family, very dishonorable. I'm not fit to wear the
Samurai Armour
. I'ma go perform seppuku now.

Goddamn V1p. I just watched your video, you make it look so easy ;~;.

I feel like a major scrubtillian but I finally gave in and summoned for Fume Knight.

I have brought great shame upon my family, very dishonorable. I'm not fit to wear the
Samurai Armour

Meh, heavy melee really need help if they want to beat that dude.

v1perz53

Samurai Armour

Hey, I won't lie, it took me like 15+ tries to actually record a kill, that fight is by no means easy. I also got lucky in that he pushed phase two really far back. As Oro said, there are so many aspects of that fight that are very punishing for melee, you basically have to be able to quickly recognize and handle every boss ability. The slower big sword swings can really throw you off.

Meh, heavy melee really need help if they want to beat that dude.

True. I'm too used to relying on my heavy armour, and doing my power-stance attacks. So having to go back to a quick attack attack weapon and needing to roll a lot more is difficult. I can usually get rolling down well, just his really slow attack always throws me off.

Hey, I won't lie, it took me like 15+ tries to actually record a kill, that fight is by no means easy. I also got lucky in that he pushed phase two really far back. As Oro said, there are so many aspects of that fight that are very punishing for melee, you basically have to be able to quickly recognize and handle every boss ability. The slower big sword swings can really throw you off.

O snap. That a lot. I think I tried him 5 or so times before saying enough is enough, summon someone before I go insane. We didn't have him do his second phase till he was at like 10% health, and we killed him before he could even pull it off. I think it ties into duration of the fight too, we got him down really low really quickly. Could also be that with a summon he pushes it back who knows.

BTW if anyone is interested, Vatis video showed me something pretty neat about Fume.
if you go int he fight wearing Velstadts armour and I think his weapon, Fume goes berserk mode and instantly goes into his second phase. Useful for those that hate his long sword heh.

BTW if anyone is interested, Vatis video showed me something pretty neat about Fume.
if you go int he fight wearing Velstadts armour and I think his weapon, Fume goes berserk mode and instantly goes into his second phase. Useful for those that hate his long sword heh.

The whole armor with the weapon? I use the complete armor set just for fashion souls but no reaction

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
So I got the Gold Serpent Ring +2 and tried farming the Ruin Sentinels for their armor. I missed the leggings. Tres mal

I played a bunch of PVP tonight. Had a ton of fun. Does anybody know if they improved the lag compensation or perhaps just the matchmaking (i.e., prioritizing lower ping connections). I had almost no problems with lag after about 30 or 40 matches. Maybe I was just lucky tonight, but I seem to remember SO many more lag problems when the game first came out.

I played a bunch of PVP tonight. Had a ton of fun. Does anybody know if they improved the lag compensation or perhaps just the matchmaking (i.e., prioritizing lower ping connections). I had almost no problems with lag after about 30 or 40 matches. Maybe I was just lucky tonight, but I seem to remember SO many more lag problems when the game first came out.

I don't think so. I got invaded a few times and they were skipping around a lot. I'd hit them and they take no damage and they'd hit me and I'd take no damage. Maybe your internet improved, or you got people with better upload/download speeds.

So I got the Gold Serpent Ring +2 and tried farming the Ruin Sentinels for their armor. I missed the leggings. Tres mal

This is the problem with enemies that stop spawning. You can't get full sets in one swoop. Pretty sure that bonfire also resets the Throne Watcher/Defender so BAing it would suck ass.

Welp, gotta try it tomorrow to piss off my hosts.

O...that's just horribly mean. I LOVE IT!

I don't think so. I got invaded a few times and they were skipping around a lot. I'd hit them and they take no damage and they'd hit me and I'd take no damage. Maybe your internet improved, or you got people with better upload/download speeds.

My internet is the same, so I suppose I just got lucky tonight. No crazy laggy backstabs or people teleporting all over the place.

jimmyd

Then yeah I guess you need the weapon too. He'll do it once he notices you.

Velstadts armor is what I usually roll with. 4/4 Velstadt armor yes he went to second phase right away, but I didn't have the weapon. I think I even tried 3/4 Velstadt armor (changed the gauntlets if I remember correctly) and he still went to second phase right away. Again, didn't have the weapon. He was kicking my ass so I went with a completely new lighter armor set.

ElTopo

Banned
So, I got bored and decided to fight the two Pursuer's in Drangelic again. Turns out if one curse-stabs you and goes away and you beat the other one, you can come back and fight the other one solo too.

Ruuppa

So, I got bored and decided to fight the two Pursuer's in Drangelic again. Turns out if one curse-stabs you and goes away and you beat the other one, you can come back and fight the other one solo too.

And if you kill one and die before getting the item, it's gone forever. And it was the bloody ring as well, dangit!

Ruuppa

Really nice ring, but goddamn annoying to get. Getting it is nigh on impossible without farming using Ascetics.

What was it, 50 Awestones? And you can only get around 10, maybe 20 with the DLCs and playing offline, from NPC invaders throughout the whole game. Getting them from normal enemies at 0.1% droprate is a fresh kind of hell.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Ugh, I realised yesterday that I have a million more in soul memory than a friend of mine who's 22 levels higher than me. No wonder I keep getting rekt in PVP.

ilium

I just noticed that i lost 1 rank at the blue sentinals covenant. Was rank 3 before the DLC got released, now rank 2 ;;
Wonder how that happened..

Mistel

Banned
Really nice ring, but goddamn annoying to get. Getting it is nigh on impossible without farming using Ascetics.

What was it, 50 Awestones? And you can only get around 10, maybe 20 with the DLCs and playing offline, from NPC invaders throughout the whole game. Getting them from normal enemies at 0.1% droprate is a fresh kind of hell.
It's 50 awestones to get it takes ages to get them.
Did you lose matches during duels?
Only brotherhood of blood deduct rank.

Ruuppa

Only brotherhood of blood deduct rank.

I know, just trying to troubleshoot why he lost a rank. If he lost like, 10 matches before checking his rank after getting the DLC, there could be a correlation.

If he lost them immediately after the patches, then it's something different.

Top Bottom