• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

These drop rates are making me go mad, I really wish I could buy titanite slabs. I killed the room full of Stone Soldiers seven times in a row with item find gear on and I didn't get a single drop! Not even a Stone Spear or a Llewellyn Shield, just fucking nothing. It's like the game was rubbing Soul Memory in my face while laughing maniacally.

It's just so incredibly random... Another time with zero item find gear I got three slabs and two Llewellyn Shields from a single run of the seven Stone Soldiers.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
These drop rates are making me go mad, I really wish I could buy titanite slabs. I killed the room full of Stone Soldiers seven times in a row with item find gear on and I didn't get a single drop! Not even a Stone Spear or a Llewellyn Shield, just fucking nothing. It's like the game was rubbing Soul Memory in my face while laughing maniacally.

It's just so incredibly random... Another time with zero item find gear I got three slabs and two Llewellyn Shields from a single run of the seven Stone Soldiers.

Slabs are much easier to get compared to DkS 1. Dragon Bones and Twinkling Titanite are much bigger problems. Try using strike weapons to kill the stone soldiers faster.

You can buy slabs with the rock lady (yay rocks) and there are several slabs rewards for buying things and chests. You can also drop soft and silky or petrified something on the crow nest

Slabs are much easier to get compared to DkS 1. Dragon Bones and Twinkling Titanite are much bigger problems. Try using strike weapons to kill the stone soldiers faster.

I always seem to have too many slabs...so different from DS1.

Chunks are what I always seem to be short on.

Both of those are easy to get now thanks to the first DLC. There's a route you can take that has three of each of those materials, a bonfire ascetic and two effigies. All of it will respawn so you can farm it indefinitely.

You can buy slabs with the rock lady (yay rocks) and there are several slabs rewards for buying things and chests. You can also drop soft and silky or petrified something on the crow nest

There are definitely a bunch of ways to obtain slabs in DS2, but killing the stone soldiers is fast and they never de-spawn; I just with the drop rates were less harsh.

I guess if I go back to farming them I'll use my Great Club and take them all to bonk city.

v1perz53

There are definitely a bunch of ways to obtain slabs in DS2, but killing the stone soldiers is fast and they never de-spawn; I just with the drop rates were less harsh.

I guess if I go back to farming them I'll use my Great Club and take them all to bonk city.

Weird, that is the one drop rate I actually never had a problem with. I've farmed 10-15 slabs from them, and it has never taken me more than 10 minutes of farming to get one. Haven't had to farm in a while though since the DLCs add so many random Slabs, I currently have 16 slabs in my inventory hah.

NEO0MJ

the rock lady is weird..she should talk to her father :(

When you anger her you can sense the grumpiness of her father in her tone.

Pretty sick when you understand who is really nearly hollowed in the end.

Aside from looks the Blacksmith seems to really be holding it together. In both games actually Blacksmiths are the most stable NPCs, probably because you're always in need of their services :p

Braag

I knew it, giant spiders.

Nope.

Nope.

Nope.

I feel you. I hate that part of them game cause of the spiders.
What is it with games and spiders anyway. It's like there always has to be some sort of spider type enemy.
Why not have like... beetle enemies. They're insects too but far less creepy and nightmare inducing.

What is it with games and spiders anyway. It's like there always has to be some sort of spider type enemy.
Why not have like... beetle enemies. They're insects too but far less creepy and nightmare inducing.

Beetles are far more used for egiptian stuff, too bad Demon and dark are more medieval oriented

v1perz53

Precisely for what you said, they want to make enemies that induce fear and seem terrifying, spiders accomplish that better than beetles. Also, I never really got why so many people have problems with video game spiders, it is something that comes up pretty frequently. Even if I was afraid of spiders, game spiders are so far removed from real ones that I can't understand being bothered by them. But that is just how phobias work. In order for it to be a phobia, it more or less has to be irrational (or at least disproportionate to the actual danger). Just hard for me to understand since it doesn't make me feel that way, wish I could understand though!

NEO0MJ

I think he's going hollow with the whole obession thing but he possesses skills that no one else with the whole infusion process.

He is going hollow but his obsession with the embers is that what makes him retaing his sanity actually.

It's funny how one of you says that he's going hollow because of his obsession while the other says he hasn't gone hollow because of his obsession.

Nope nope nope.. Desearts and sunlight. So the only darker areas would be dungeons.

It can have a perpetual twilight sandstorm, with ruins and hills blocking the way.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Is it worth it to infuse my dragonslayer crescent axe with lightning? It doesn even jump to a B ranking. WTF From, help axes out here.

Mistel

Banned
Is it worth it to infuse my dragonslayer crescent axe with lightning? It doesn even jump to a B ranking. WTF From, help axes out here.
Nah it ain't worth it the extra lightning damage is pretty meager no scaling improvements and reduced physical damage.

Braag

Precisely for what you said, they want to make enemies that induce fear and seem terrifying, spiders accomplish that better than beetles. Also, I never really got why so many people have problems with video game spiders, it is something that comes up pretty frequently. Even if I was afraid of spiders, game spiders are so far removed from real ones that I can't understand being bothered by them. But that is just how phobias work. In order for it to be a phobia, it more or less has to be irrational (or at least disproportionate to the actual danger). Just hard for me to understand since it doesn't make me feel that way, wish I could understand though!

It's almost impossible to describe the feeling to someone since it really is irrational. And obviously people without the phobia can't understand it. Same way I can't understand Coulrophobia others can't understand my Arachnophobia (which is probably the most common one).

I would love an egyptian souls. Dont know how interested Japan is in that setting though.

I guess Shulva is the closest thing to Egyptian Souls even though the pyramids look more like mesoamerican pyramids instead of Egyptian.

Nope nope nope.. Desearts and sunlight. So the only darker areas would be dungeons.

notte_sara_big.jpg

We kinda got something in the same country as this with the kiln of the first flame.
A level like this could be quite interesting with a good light engine and enemies with well defined silhouettes. Could attach a couple glowy eyes to them with light trails for added effect.

I'd love it. Seeing distant silhouettes, their eyes lighting up as you approach. The glow of a bonfire and some items in the distance.

It's also kind of what 5-2 was going for at the time.

Hm, I guess upper 3-2 was also heavy on this.

Top Bottom