• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

ilium

ObiQ1Je.jpg

I know i'm repeating myself but the coffin is the most exciting thing i have ever seen in a DS2 Screenshot.

My char is finally gonna have hair! Tears of joy TT

http://i.imgur.com/ObiQ1Je.jpg[IMG]

I know i'm repeating myself but the coffin is the most exciting thing i have ever seen in a DS2 Screenshot.

My char is finally gonna have hair! Tears of joy TT[/QUOTE]

Is it confirmed that you'll be able to completely remake your character? My main guy looks like a goddamn baby with a moustache and I hate it.

ilium

Is it confirmed that you'll be able to completely remake your character? My main guy looks like a goddamn baby with a moustache and I hate it.

No, but a feature like that has been requested since release so i hope FROM listened. I can't imagine anything else that coffin might do. Except maybe deleting your char? Thanks FROM :<

Old Iron King DLC, got to the first boss fight while playing as a phantom and...

Host did not bother with the fragments around the arena, fml.

Mistel

Banned
Old Iron King DLC, got to the first boss fight while playing as a phantom and...

Host did not bother with the fragments around the arena, fml.
Probably not got any smelter wedges spare to use for it.
I have reached Iron Keep. I'm getting Molten Core flashbacks from all the fire.

Guess I need to farm fire resistance. >.<
Unless you're in desperate need of chaos storm plus a fire seed or a phoenix shield with high fire resistance it's not worth retrieving them from the lava.

Ruuppa

:eek: there's... not enough wedges in my inventory!!!!!!!!

Try to save four of them for the
Fume Knight
bossfight. He's super hard if you leave the Idols alive. It's doable with them alive, but you need to have really good zoning and dodging to pull it off.
I have reached Iron Keep. I'm getting Molten Core flashbacks from all the fire.

Guess I need to farm fire resistance. >.<

You'll only need it for the bosses, and the second one has really long, telegraphed attacks.

strafer

I really didn't dabble that much with the character creator, I kinda regret that, I wish you could go back and change that without starting over. :(

You can put it on the forehead? I thought it was only on the cheek :/

o_o I want to see this, that sounds like it looks hilarious.
You can change both its size and position. My character has an ugly tattoo on his forehead, and it's green ._.

I don't think you can notice it if you invaded me, since it's very small.

I tried with another character, this time for the ps3 version, and he has a dragon tattoo on his whole face, made it a little bit transparent so I kinda like how he looks, it's not so bad considering he looks like a 13 year old too XD. I cannot take a picture now but I'll try later.

We should make a fashion souls parade in this thread XD. It may be fun.

NEO0MJ

o_o I want to see this, that sounds like it looks hilarious.

I hope you don't mean you thought the moustache was on the forehead, just that I regret putting it on the character :p

I was just so bored trying to design the character that in the end I just didn't care. My character was actually female, but because I put a mustache on it before switching sex in the character creator it saved it so when I went to the coffin to turn my character into male he had the mustache on him.

I hope you don't mean you thought the moustache was on the forehead, just that I regret putting it on the character :p

I was just so bored trying to design the character that in the end I just didn't care. My character was actually female, but because I put a mustache on it before switching sex in the character creator it saved it so when I went to the coffin to turn my character into male he had the mustache on him.

Man, I thought you actually put it on his forehead ;_;. That would have looked hilarious. I remember the first time I went into the coffin, I didn't know what it did at the time and I spent a chunk of playtime thinking I made my character female by mistake heh.

Rich!

playing through NG+ for the first time

I was seriously not expecting Duke's Dear Freja to suddenly appear at the cliff face. that was a total WTF OMG AAAAAAAAAAAAGHGHHGHG moment

v1perz53

playing through NG+ for the first time

I was seriously not expecting Duke's Dear Freja to suddenly appear at the cliff face. that was a total WTF OMG AAAAAAAAAAAAGHGHHGHG moment

Literally the best part of NG+ is this change. I really really wish they did more stuff like this. Plus,
whatever damage you do during Freja's ambush carries over to the boss fight, so you can start with Freja at like 60% HP
. And it carries over even if you die on the boss and have to try multiple times (the initial percent start, not damage you do each time).

Mistel

Banned
The time I had a go with the coffin I came out looking like:
363700c622479a4f03d1durjrd.jpg

More specifically Lonnie Miller who's the blond in the back. That's Hawk by the way if anyone is curious.

Old Iron King DLC is soooo good.

Question, does all scaling scale the same? i.e. do all S-scales multiply by a fixed value? Or are there varying S-scales? I'm looking at the BS Katana vs the Bewitched Alonne Katana, only a differential of 10 dmg at +10 basic (ignoring auxiliary stats)

Mistel

Banned
Question, does all scaling scale the same? i.e. do all S-scales multiply by a fixed value? Or are there varying S-scales? I'm looking at the BS Katana vs the Bewitched Alonne Katana, only a differential of 10 dmg at +10 basic (ignoring auxiliary stats)
Scaling varies you can get high and low S scaling for DEX the min is 60% highest is 100% it depends really.

v1perz53

Old Iron King DLC is soooo good.

Not sure if I am understanding you correctly, but scaling (S/A/B etc.) has nothing to do with how much damage a weapon gains as you upgrade it, say from +1 to +5. The only thing scaling does is determine how much extra damage a weapon does per hit on top of its base damage, based on your stats. So when you equip a weapon you see something like 100 + 45, the 100 is the base damage and 45 is added due to scaling. The 10 damage difference you are seeing (assuming you mean the 180 vs 190) has nothing to do with scaling.

As far as your question, I was under the impression that anything that scaled S with dex would get similar bonus (stormtrooper explained it better with high S to low S) as anything else that scaled S with dex (assuming no other scaling), but this isn't super consistent. Many patches have changed scaling and damage values without bothering to change the letter displayed, so it is hard to really tell.

Scaling varies you can get high and low S scaling for DEX the min is 60% highest is 100% it depends really.

Perfect, thanks!

Not sure if I am understanding you correctly, but scaling (S/A/B etc.) has nothing to do with how much damage a weapon gains as you upgrade it, say from +1 to +5. The only thing scaling does is determine how much extra damage a weapon does per hit on top of its base damage, based on your stats. So when you equip a weapon you see something like 100 + 45, the 100 is the base damage and 45 is added due to scaling. The 10 damage difference you are seeing (assuming you mean the 180 vs 190) has nothing to do with scaling.

As far as your question, I was under the impression that anything that scaled S with dex would get similar bonus (stormtrooper explained it better with high S to low S) as anything else that scaled S with dex (assuming no other scaling), but this isn't super consistent. Many patches have changed scaling and damage values without bothering to change the letter displayed, so it is hard to really tell.

The +10 was with reference to upgrading weapons, I didn't explain it clearly. I understand base damage, I was just unsure about the scaling bonus as I was just comparing weapons on a wiki.

You, I like you. You teach me new information with each post. For that, I thank you. I always thought S scaling as the same with all weapons, didn't know there were tiers with each scaling rank. Is it like that for all scaling types like A and B or just for S?

Ruuppa

You, I like you. You teach me new information with each post. For that, I thank you. I always thought S scaling as the same with all weapons, didn't know there were tiers with each scaling rank. Is it like that for all scaling types like A and B or just for S?

All scaling letters have hidden tiers within them. Str scaling also has better damage bonus than Dex, since Dex also benefits Bleed and Poison.

Zocano

All scaling letters have hidden tiers within them. Str scaling also has better damage bonus than Dex, since Dex also benefits Bleed and Poison.

This is also why, when you upgrade items, you will see the scaling letter colored blue even if the letter doesn't change. The scaling modifier is increasing internally even if it is not distinctly represented.

Mistel

Banned
Whoa, mind blown.
That's the reason the scaling letter never goes red too as it increases as you upgrade it the scaling. A black steel is a lower S at +2 compared to S at +10 for example. Infusions drop the scaling to a lower value within that bracket simply put sometimes.

Zocano

Yah you just have to time your roll so your iframes don't get you pancaked so you get time to retaliate.

I don't think it's possible to stagger them.

Ironclad Soldiers are a good example of where rolling INTO an enemies attack is actually a good idea. (As long as you time your iframes correctly.)

By the way, is it just me or are rapiers significantly less powerful in DS2 PVE than they were in DS1?

Ruuppa

What are the best weapons for a Dark infusion?

Silverblack Sickle, Silverblack Spear, Crypt Blacksword, Roaring Halberd and Scythe of Nahr Alma. They have innate Dark damage, and Crypt Blacksword even gains S scaling in Dark when infused. As long as you have the appropriate buff and stats, any weapon you like is viable for an elemental infusion, since even without innate elemental damage they gain at least B* in that element.

Edit: *Almost all weapons gain B scaling when infused with element, not all.
Edit2: Forgot about Fume Sword, which is also a good Dark infusion weapon with a cool moveset.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Is it worth it to infuse the crypt sword or leave it alone? Also is the sickle affected by the direct hit system?

Ruuppa

Is it worth it to infuse the crypt sword or leave it alone? Also is the sickle affected by the direct hit system?

If you want Dark damage, infusing the CBS is definitely worth it. The boost in Dark damage is pretty huge if you're into Hexes.
And yes, the sickle is affected by the direct hit system but it has a bigger hitbox for that than scythes, making it a lot easier to hit with. It's strong attack can also pierce shields. It's a really good weapon, but annoying to get.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
If you want Dark damage, infusing the CBS is definitely worth it. The boost in Dark damage is pretty huge if you're into Hexes.
And yes, the sickle is affected by the direct hit system but it has a bigger hitbox for that than scythes, making it a lot easier to hit with. It's strong attack can also pierce shields. It's a really good weapon, but annoying to get.

Yeah I made a new character that I might want to be a caster (I have never played a dedicate caster in a souls game, I usually add that on later if I have points). But yeah the sickle is really far into the game and you gotta farm it off of two guys so I could easily miss out. Have it on my main character.

Ruuppa

Yeah I made a new character that I might want to be a caster (I have never played a dedicate caster in a souls game, I usually add that on later if I have points). But yeah the sickle is really far into the game and you gotta farm it off of two guys so I could easily miss out. Have it on my main character.

I got the sickle for completion's sake once, and felt bad about having to murder Agdayne for it. I think I'll go for the Silverblack Spear or Roaring Halberd if I ever decide to make a Hexer. Both have relatively low requirements in Str/Dex to wield properly and are quite light as well in comparison to the Blacksword.

Top Bottom