• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

ElTopo

Banned
1 more day for the last DLC!

Big question: where does Dark Souls go from here? Bloodborne is PS4 exclusive but does that mean Namco will abandon the Dark Souls IP? Will they get the B team to work on another one (and frankly they did a good job)? How about making another IP set in the Victorian era and playing eerily like Bloodborne but this time the game is coming to all console and PC?

NEO0MJ

So close to unlocking all achievements, just have to gather all pyromacies and miracles. Unfortunately that will have to wait until NG++.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

Big question: where does Dark Souls go from here? Bloodborne is PS4 exclusive but does that mean Namco will abandon the Dark Souls IP? Will they get the B team to work on another one (and frankly they did a good job)? How about making another IP set in the Victorian era and playing eerily like Bloodborne but this time the game is coming to all console and PC?

I cant see either From or Namco abandoning Souls (or at least a mutliplat franchise). Going from a multiplat hit, including the PC crowd, which is rare for JP IPs...I mean who gives that up? I'm surprised they made Bloodbourne exclusive, thats what is surprising. Its clear everyone immediately is going "next Souls game" even with the title change. From has dev name cache now.

I think DS III will happen. I said this before: if they showed us what happened when someone linked the fire (probably Solaire), then they should show us what would've happened if the chosen undead became de Dark Lord.

I don't think that after Bloodborne they would release a similar game but this time multiplatform; that happened the last time because Sony didn't believe in Demon's Souls, Atlus and then Dark Souls proved them wrong so this time Sony won't commit the same mistake . Unless the contract with Sony is for just one game I don't see a Bloodborne like game happening for other platform but PS4.

The time I had a go with the coffin I came out looking like:
363700c622479a4f03d1durjrd.jpg

More specifically Lonnie Miller who's the blond in the back. That's Hawk by the way if anyone is curious.

I didnt noticed the change before my undead start screaming like a pop start trying to sing.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Oh god that sounds awful, but probably very satisfying to win!

It definitely seem like the most dangerous fight in the all bosses speedrun I watched yesterday (part of the reason I finally motivated myself to play through the game was so I could watch all bosses speedruns and Lobos again)

If you can keep fume in the center it's alright you can effectively circle strafe around him with two or more people.

Yeah that's what we did, he only healed once in the fight and it was barely any recovery.

I did another co op the other day and they kept luring him to recover! 10 mins until the host finally got killed.

krakov

Ironclad Soldiers are a good example of where rolling INTO an enemies attack is actually a good idea. (As long as you time your iframes correctly.)

By the way, is it just me or are rapiers significantly less powerful in DS2 PVE than they were in DS1?

They are extremely powerful. I made a dual rapier build a few weeks ago and could one-shot shaded woods lion warriors with L1. Fast, low stamina consumption, good damage, good counter damage, low weight, right handed parry. Basically one of the best weapons around. Critical damage was way better in DS1 though.

Skyrims Open World and Dark Souls combat...mother of god

I think Witcher 3 will be something close to that.. Better in open world department but might not have combat as fun as souls series..

I prefer souls level design over skyrim. Its somewhat restricted and at the same time gives you full freedom.

I think Witcher 3 will be something close to that.. Better in open world department but might not have combat as fun as souls series..

I prefer souls level design over skyrim. Its somewhat restricted and at the same time gives you full freedom.

Hopefully the combat in The Witcher 3 is better than The Witcher 2's combat.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone have a path of least resistance build for the DLC content? Faith build with a lightning mace just doesn't cut it anymore and I'm *so far* removed from this game at the moment.

Mistel

Banned
Does anyone have a path of least resistance build for the DLC content? Faith build with a lightning mace just doesn't cut it anymore and I'm *so far* removed from this game at the moment.
STR build with a strike weapon or a STR/HEX build and crypt blacksword dark infused.

neoism

well Im back to my 24 inch computer monitor for this game again... :( really wanted to play the new DLC on an HDTV but owell still cant wait :D :p

neoism

lol I guarantee DS3 is being worked on right now.. I just REALLY hope its current gen.. DS3 with insane graphics and lighting KREYGASM

The "endless" cicle was made for future uses of the Dark souls series, it really depends if they want to continue to not let the humans embrace the dark (end the game) or continue cheating humans fate by still relinking the fire

Would it even be Namco anymore now that From is under new ownership? They might let them publish it in the states but I'm pretty sure most of it will be covered by the new owners.

I can definitely see a third being in the works. Probably just started development(they tend to start after they complete dlc) Hoping it's a mix of both teams. Miyazaki is President of From now so I doubt he will be director of DS3. Regardless I think it's in great hands and will be stellar.

Bloodborne is a very different title and I'm guessing it was done to give the two franchises elbow room. Bloodborne has a different setting, different combat(no shields) and what seems to be like different online interactions. I'd like DS3 to remain a DS game just with a more coherent world and better enemy designs. Give me more Anor londo-esque places please.

You can change both its size and position. My character has an ugly tattoo on his forehead, and it's green ._.

I don't think you can notice it if you invaded me, since it's very small.

I tried with another character, this time for the ps3 version, and he has a dragon tattoo on his whole face, made it a little bit transparent so I kinda like how he looks, it's not so bad considering he looks like a 13 year old too XD. I cannot take a picture now but I'll try later.

We should make a fashion souls parade in this thread XD. It may be fun.

Hate to quote myself, specially when we changed the focus of the conversation.

This is a picture of my character's face so you can see his tattoo (sorry for the shitty quality, I'm playing on ps3 so I just took the picture with my phone):

Can we have a fashion souls, thread now? =P

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Weird error... I can't go online cause its giving me an error that I don't have the latest version of the game :s its telling me to sign in to my psn and update it, I am signed in to my psn and I just played a few minutes ago. Logged out to go on another character now I can't go online on any character! I used my other accounts as well and the one that I never use. :s

Weird error... I can't go online cause its giving me an error that I don't have the latest version of the game :s its telling me to sign in to my psn and update it, I am signed in to my psn and I just played a few minutes ago. Logged out to go on another character now I can't go online on any character! I used my other accounts as well and the one that I never use. :s

Server is down

From-made Blame! game in the Souls format.. I'd pay all of my money for it, all of it.

I don't mind whoever makes the game, it will be awesome. The world is already there, perfectly made in manga. Only need to convert it to 3d/cgi. Shooting mechanics etc should be taken care of too.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Oh god, the final DLC is downloading and I haven't even beaten Elana. She thinks it's funny to summon Velstadt on me over and over lol.

Edit: Anyway, we'll get a Dark Souls 3, I bet the team wants to realise some of the scrapped ideas from 2, like torches actually mattering and using that kickass lighting engine they had to throw away for performance reasons.

(Watch Microsoft fund it or some shit to get something to counter Bloodbourne)

Edit #2: Apparently the third DLC download is roughly 300-400 larger than the previous sets, which implies a 4th unlockable area after you clear the DLC areas. (pls be the Kiln)

JustinBB7

Oh god, the final DLC is downloading and I haven't even beaten Elana. She thinks it's funny to summon Velstadt on me over and over lol.

Edit: Anyway, we'll get a Dark Souls 3, I bet the team wants to realise some of the scrapped ideas from 2, like torches actually mattering and using that kickass lighting engine they had to throw away for performance reasons.

(Watch Microsoft fund it or some shit to get something to counter Bloodbourne)

Edit #2: Apparently the third DLC download is roughly 300-400 larger than the previous sets, which implies a 4th unlockable area after you clear the DLC areas. (pls be the Kiln)

Was the same size for me I think. 1.1GB just like the others.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Dammit, I almost beat Sinh on my first try, his health bar wasn't visible anymore, I got greedy and then I died.

Edit: And now he two-shotted me! While not even attacking lmao. That soundtrack though!

My hard drive broke and I didn't back up my saves...what a fool I am:(

Going to play as fast as I can to get to a decent level so I can play the DLC.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
The server is supposed to be down for maintenance, yet I can connect just fine. Way fewer signs though. How odd!

Also, Throne Watcher armour is cool as fuck.

Top Bottom